i gift friend game they cant install

Discus and support i gift friend game they cant install in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; i gifted my friend ark survival evolved on the xbox app on pc and he is unable to download it on his pc it gives him an error code were both in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EB Catsack, May 15, 2023.

1. EB Catsack
    EB Catsack Guest

i gifted my friend ark survival evolved on the xbox app on pc and he is unable to download it on his pc it gives him an error code were both in the same region

:)

EB Catsack, May 15, 2023
  2. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben an Independent Advisor and an Xbox gamer. Hope you are doing well!

Just to clarify, you are both in the same region where you purchased the game as a gift correct? So long as you are both in the same region, there shouldn't be a problem redemeing the code to his account.

I suggest to try asking your friend if he is somehow using any VPN or might be that the region of his account is not correct as that could cause problem redeeming a code. Try asking your friend to check his Xbox account region by signing in at https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Settings/Home then go to "Xbox 360 account region" and ask him to check if it is correct. Note: If he change the region it will take 3 months before he can change it again.

I would like to share this link as well for further troubleshooting for Xbox codes which might help https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio...

I hope the information helps somehow. Feel free to post back if you have other questions and we will try with the best of our knowledge to assist you.

Kind regards,

Ben
  3. x24hrs2livex Win User

How to buy a game for a friend in another region

You cant gift a friend a game. And buying currency wont work either because of the exchange rate.
  4. KindGryphon Win User

my friend gifted me a game.

how can i redeem the code for the game

my friend gifted me a game but he is in uk an im in us
    The short answer: you cant

The long answer: gifting is region locked (something your friend would have gotten a warning about before completing the purchase) so a friend with an account in one country would only be able to gift to other friends with an account in the same country.

Your friend would have to request a refund from their end.
  5. sprkle Win User

I have money on my balance in my microsoft account that I would like to gift to my brother, is there anyway to do that in any form?

u cant give him ur balance but on the xbox store u can gift friends games, DLCs etc.
  6. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

How do you pre-order digital game copies?

Also gifting digital games is a MUST needed option...if i want to buy 4 digital copies and give them out to 4 friends then I should be able to..or if I hate a digital game and there ISNT a needed trade in/resell button then its MY right to be able to gift
    that same game(code and all) to a friend...why can we not have that option? Please tell me why I cant gift something I bought...love to read you defend corporate anti-consumerism more.
Thema:

1. i gift friend game they cant install - Similar Threads - gift friend game

2. Why doesn’t my friend have the game I gifted him?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t my friend have the game I gifted him?: I recently gifted the dark pictures little hope(game) to my friend so we could play together but it seems he hasn’t received it. I’m just curious because last time I did this he was able to...
  3. My friend recently gifted me a game but it hasnt shown the code so I can download it and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend recently gifted me a game but it hasnt shown the code so I can download it and it...: My friend gifted me something a week ago and it hasnt come it yet 44708d46-f152-45e1-a5d9-f24e951b5b10
  4. Glitched game pass gift for a friend.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Glitched game pass gift for a friend.: Hello, I made a bad mistake of buying a gift for my friend (which is on my Xbox) on my computer which has the game pass (for pc) 3 months trial. We're game sharing and the game runs better on my...
  5. Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...: Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but it won’t download and says incompatible with this device e93ad5d8-9461-4955-a4c7-0392213f0fe4
  6. Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere: Friend sent a gfit to me, got the email from microsoft and everything, still don't have the game they bought after waiting 12 hours 2afdde5c-d280-4dba-ad6d-b00673466594
  7. If I give a game as an Xbox gift to a friend via the store, can I also play it with account...

in XboX Insiders
    If I give a game as an Xbox gift to a friend via the store, can I also play it with account...: Sorry if my question isn't precise, a friend wants to give me an Xbox game directly with the "buy as gift" option. This will give me the game with a code but once downloaded will he also have...
  8. My friend brought me a game and gifted to me 4hrs ago and I went to redeem the code and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend brought me a game and gifted to me 4hrs ago and I went to redeem the code and it...: I just got up and would appreciate help on the matter cause there ain’t no way some random person just guessed the code. 7089c418-e667-4aa7-9e3e-16a7e4c08ad3
  9. A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...: It says it’s damaged how do I redeem my game? 9d9f41cc-8c2d-499f-ab49-42dea638d12c
  10. If I'm in Canada, can I gift a game pass to my friend in the U S A??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I'm in Canada, can I gift a game pass to my friend in the U S A??: Trying to send my friend funds for game pass through the Microsoft store. 927c4674-cad6-4433-86d2-048c38dc1319