I get an error 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app in my computer.

Discus and support I get an error 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app in my computer. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I get an error 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app in my computer. It has never worked, just installed but didn’t manage to get in. Windows 11 is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Juan Espejo1, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Juan Espejo1
    Juan Espejo1 Guest

I get an error 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app in my computer. It has never worked, just installed but didn’t manage to get in. Windows 11 is up to date and I have more than 50gB space.

:)

Juan Espejo1, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Juan E, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, where he suggests the following steps to try to solve the problem:

1. Perform a hard reset of both your Xbox app and the Microsoft Store. To do this, you must type in the Windows search engine and open the following: Applications and features.

2. Find the "Xbox" application and select it, then click on Advanced Options and click on "Reset" and confirm the process, do the same for the "Microsoft Store" application.

3. Restart your PC by finishing the above.

4. Check if it already allows you to use the subscription.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/6d209878-7b07-4763-a435-856472cf9a56

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Jhonkito Win User

I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.

Hi Cody_Fire, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the home screen and select Windows PowerShell (as administrator).
    On the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

In the Windows search bar type "Services"
    Scroll to the bottom and find the following services: XblAuth Manager,

Right-click on the service (you must do this for each one of them) and select Properties.

In the Startup Type section of the "General" tab, make sure it is set to Automatic. If you are not started, click Start.
    Then click Apply and OK to save the changes.

NOTE: If the services with those names do not appear, search for these.
    Xbox Live Authentication Manager, Xbox Live Network Service, Save Game to Xbox Live, Game Service, Game Bar, Game Bar.

Restart your device and try again.

Note: Some of the information, which were gained from this answer, were received in a thread on the Microsoft forum by , and it seemed a good idea, to share this information with you. Source of information (credits to advisor Ulysses):

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/14fbb16b-7ee3-48f0-adb2-ecc09fb9f9e8

You can check the following thread with other possible solutions if the previous one did not work for you:

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/97107e3c-5f2a-4fcc-a753-50960f2c546e

In the following link you will also find other possible solutions:

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs"

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Kathy A. Win User

So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs"

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing an error code 0x80040904 when trying to launch the Xbox app on your PC. This error code usually indicates that there is an issue with the Xbox app's installation or configuration.

For this issue, you can try the following steps:

Check for updates:

• Make sure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click on Check for updates.
    • Restart your PC and try launching the Xbox app again.

Reset the Xbox app:

• Press the Windows key + I to open Settings, then click on Apps.
    • Find the Xbox app and click on Advanced options. Scroll down and click on Reset.
    • Launch Xbox app to see if issue happens.

Reset the Microsoft Store:

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter. This will reset the Microsoft Store cache.

Lastly, try to use the Gaming Services Repair Tool - please see guide here: Gaming Services Repair Tool for PC | Xbox Support

If none of these steps work, please let us know the following:

1. Are you part of Xbox Insider or PC Insider?
    2. Have you tried connecting to a different network?
    3. Can we ask for a screenshot of the issue you are having? Please conceal your personal information like gamertag and email address.

Let us know how it went.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

Netflix an youtube wont work... any help please

What error do you get when you try to launch these apps? Are you still getting the error after a delete/reinstall of them? I use Netflix on my Xbox One frequently with no issues.
Thema:

1. I get an error 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app in my computer. - Similar Threads - error 0x80040904 trying

2. "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5: For the past 10 months, I've been unable to play fh5 multiplayer (auction house works though but not horizon life or eliminator). I believe that it is because of my Teredo state which I cannot fix...
  3. error code 8015190A

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 8015190A: Can not download profile to my 360....keep getting this error...send help d0d043d8-9d29-4a0c-a82c-067d671f5285
  4. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  5. DNS error 80151903 on xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS error 80151903 on xbox360: I keep getting a dns error when testing connecting WiFi this is my first time and when I turn Xbox on it says the 80151903 3237def7-6908-4517-aef8-73335ac9f7cf
  6. Is there a workaround for error 8b05000f?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a workaround for error 8b05000f?: Xbox update fails at about 83%. No luck restarting or reseting. 5359276a-0f04-4b7c-9906-1c4fc86a7862
  7. Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring: I specifically started running into this issue after the dlc for Elden Ring went live on steam. I got the game to run smoothly once yesterday, but today I'm no longer having any success getting...
  8. Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...: All the details are in the question....cant get ant help from support as they don't offer a chat option for this issue and the AI is dumb 88af6598-6393-44f5-9a6c-1042b508c4be
  9. Roblox error code 0x80040904 appears

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox error code 0x80040904 appears: When i start roblox via Xbox, it opens, a white screen appears in the application and the roblox screensaver and then closes and error code 0x80040904 appears cd7c9300-5d9e-4d43-b761-d52b62732f80
  10. So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs"

in XBoX on Consoles
    So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs": So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs" d44c9a02-1ca4-4a41-8b79-db1a846cf242