I gave my old xbox one to my friend and when we try to play online it asks him to download...

Discus and support I gave my old xbox one to my friend and when we try to play online it asks him to download... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After I gave it to him we set up an outlook account and created a gamer tag. Then I had him buy GamePass for 10 bucks a month. It all felt like it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jordan van der Keyl, Apr 24, 2023.

1. I gave my old xbox one to my friend and when we try to play online it asks him to download...

After I gave it to him we set up an outlook account and created a gamer tag. Then I had him buy GamePass for 10 bucks a month. It all felt like it worked, but when we try to play online it stops him and tells him to buy Ultimate.

He doesn't need Ultimate; he's not a big gamer. We just wanted a better way to stay in touch.

The only game we can play for some reason is Rocket League. We really did it to play It Takes Two (yes we got the friends pass). But we can't play Grounded either for the same reason.

We already tried removing both accounts and completely unplugging and reseting it. But it gives the same problem.

:)

Jordan van der Keyl, Apr 24, 2023
  2. wi7bit Win User

I gave my old xbox one to my friend and when we try to play online it asks him to download Game Pass Ultimate.

Hi Jorden

Just to add some clarity to this...

Any 'Free to play' game (e.g. Rocket Leage, Fortnite etc.) do not require the Xbox Gold subscription to play online. Games that are not free-to-play (i.e. Grounded) will require Xbox Live Gold to play online. Although you can play games with Game Pass, it does not make them free to play online.

Your friend will either need to have Xbox Live Gold or convert his Game Pass subscription to Game Pass Ultimate, which includes both.

Hope that helps.
  3. Francia J. Win User

I gave my old xbox one to my friend and when we try to play online it asks him to download Game Pass Ultimate.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that to play a paid online multiplayer game an Xbox Live Gold subscription is required, Jordan. It's different from Game Pass for Console.

Make sure to ask your friend if what he has is an Xbox Live Gold subscription.
  4. Palisad3s Win User

Mother and Wife-to-Be ~ Looking for more friends

Hi alisogg,

I will def add you! My husband and I are currently playing Mass Effect 3. We only have one copy so we have to share ;) The only thing is that I gave the hubby the online code so him and his best friend can play together when he gets it. So.....I'm hoping
    I can purchase an online code and we can knock out some of those online achievements :)
  5. tyrannical g8 Win User

to enforcement

hello my 11 year old daughter was being sexually harassed by gamer named: [Mod Removed]

he was harassing to the point where he sexually tried to exploit my daughter then when we asked him to leave her alone he said he wont without getting her to call him then send voice messages of him moaning and such online I cant believe xbox allows this
    filth online when all she was doing was trying to play a friendly game of poker I have his phone number as well it is:
    [Mod Removed]

Please refer to my messages there are around fourty on my xbox live of him objectifying my daughter. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. NickZaw Win User

How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to each other, can't send game invites.

They appear offline both in friend list and in game

My NAT is open, my friend has moderate. He couldn't get it to be open in any way.

We are all connecting using cable.

We checked all settings many times.

One other thing. We have one friend that appears online and we can join him. When we both join him in Forza Horizon 4 we can play together, but it's only when that one friend is also playing. We still appear offline to each other and to him. And without him
    we have no way to join a game together.
Thema:

I gave my old xbox one to my friend and when we try to play online it asks him to download...

1. I gave my old xbox one to my friend and when we try to play online it asks him to download... - Similar Threads - gave old friend

2. Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus: I went to log in on my account and all my saves were gone. I was level 55 NG3 on starfield. I just bought T-Mobile and starfield updated and all my saves said dude mack. I checked my console and...
  3. When I bought a game it gave me points right??? But after I got them it game me some...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I bought a game it gave me points right??? But after I got them it game me some...: It told me it was a gift card but it was sweepstakes that was never even used 9a9d55c6-6c6e-4562-a500-d1dc5b0bc2b5
  4. My friend accidentally redeemed a code on a completely new account, I gave the code as a...

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend accidentally redeemed a code on a completely new account, I gave the code as a...: I am unable to refund, because I can't see the refundable purchases on the list. b4e546e4-b5c1-4417-ac3e-547aec9e8bd5
  5. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  6. A friend gave me the Forza Horizon car pack. It doesn't download at all. If anyone can help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A friend gave me the Forza Horizon car pack. It doesn't download at all. If anyone can help: A friend gave me the Forza Horizon car pack. It doesn't download at all. If anyone can help c013cee6-cf9e-459e-8f87-328c9f413b9a
  7. I recently gave my old Xbox to my brother and he created a new account but whenever he...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently gave my old Xbox to my brother and he created a new account but whenever he...: Hello I gave my old Xbox one to my brother, he created a new profile but anytime he tries to play online it says his account is not set up right. How do I fix this...
  8. i bought a new xbox and gave my son the old with gold on it and made did what it said to do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought a new xbox and gave my son the old with gold on it and made did what it said to do...: xbox gold sharing not working b9cb275c-f092-4ebb-860c-58a1da3b80f1
  9. I logged into my old Xbox account when I got my new Xbox one recently, but the one gave me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I logged into my old Xbox account when I got my new Xbox one recently, but the one gave me...: Hey all, so about a month ago I got an xbox one and signed in to my old account from my 360 days. It gave me a new gamertag and i looked to see that it had none of the info from my old account....
  10. My Xbox started up again in its own and wiped my old account off and gave me a new account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox started up again in its own and wiped my old account off and gave me a new account.: need help accessing my old account. Help anyone?! 7fbd6346-966f-4429-93d2-0aa018ac97ac