I Gave account info without even thinking and now I'm locked out

Discus and support I Gave account info without even thinking and now I'm locked out in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; the account email was register under the email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** which happens to be the email that i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Spencer_Blanche_081, Sep 24, 2023.

1. I Gave account info without even thinking and now I'm locked out

the account email was register under the email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** which happens to be the email that i use for minecraft and i want to get this account back because it was my first minecraft account and everything in this story happened around 11:30am - 2:50pm EST. so i was playing on a miecraft server call hypixel playing a game on there called skyblock and in skyblock there is a mini game in it call is dungeons and these are hard to do alone so i was looking for a group to do dungeons with i found a group with the scammers which these people wanted to go into a voice call on a app called discord so they sent me the link to there server which had a verification process which they would ask for your email and username on minecraft after that a code that you would get in a email that you get when you forget your pass word. I didn't realize this email was from mircosoft which was a reset password code. that is how they got in to my account, luckily i had one of those security codes which i tried getting in with but that left me with a message saying wait until October 23 and they would get the account information back but i just can't wait. I've been locked out since yesterday.

:)

Spencer_Blanche_081, Sep 24, 2023
  2. Cliff A. Win User

Hi Spencer_Blanche_081

We have not heard anything from you in the last 72 hours. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that the issue you reported to us has been resolved. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you've dedicated to getting a resolution for this issue of yours.

Please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Cliff A. Win User

Hi Spencer_Blanche_081

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I do understand the urgency of you wanting to find other ways for this issue of yours in regards with your account that has been locked. We are very glad to help you out to find some of the best possible options and troubleshooting's that we can provide for you..

We just want to set your proper expectations that any account information's that has been exposed and processed a verification method and turns out there was a procedure that your account has been changed, then what we can try to suggest and recommend on the future that any process or procedure that is unsafe and is asking for your account details is not recommendable since your account might be on risk on being compromised.

But as we had understood that you have one of the security information's, then that is a good thing. But since you have mentioned that there is a date that is mentioned on October 23, then the best possible way for this is perhaps if you can send us a photo or screenshot on that error message that you are facing right now for us to see and check it here on our end on what we can find other possible options with this.

In addition, we just want to let you know that your account's safety is a must and if perhaps issue do still persist or if there will be other instances that your account might have been at risk then we will let you know as well and we await your response.

For now, you can try this link for unlocking your account perhaps if it may work, at least we are trying as well to find other ways on this on your account that has been locked, click here: Account has been locked - Microsoft Support

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your issue. I hope all of this information's are helpful. We look forward on your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. SigmaTheDJ Win User

How can I recover my account?

It’s not that there is someone in my account, the hacker used a script to lock my account, he showed me it, then the next day it’s locked and I can’t get in because it says i have 2fa on.
    Without posting any personal info, can you explain exactly what happened?

Did you give any of your own info to this "hacker"? Enabling 2FA makes your account much more resilient to being hacked, not less, so I'm wondering if you gave them certain info that let them take over your account.
  5. LifeExpectancy Win User

PSA: Another account stealer on the loose

I think the posters above kinda missed the part where I specifically said he didn't follow rule #1 not to give out his info. That means he gave out his info. So yeah, I already said that. His account was stolen, whether he gave his info out or not. It's
    no different than other swindles people fall prey to, such as the elderly getting swindled out of their investment funds.

The point of this post was to warn people not to give out there info, even though such a warning shouldn't be necessary in this day and age.
  6. chris_102 Win User

xbox said "issue with account, go to accounts.live.com to resolve this" and I can't access the account anymore from my PC/browser. Contacting tech support impossible.

like to second OPs post. Impossible to contact customer support for unusual issues like this. Been randomly locked out of my brand-new XSX linked account (with GamePass) for a day now. Customer support bots just route me to unhelpful common issues that do not fit my problem. Hope you get a reply OP been a bummer for me. Locked out and recovery just gave me an error now I'm locked out for even recovery. Makes you wonder what you paid for exactly
Thema:

1. I Gave account info without even thinking and now I'm locked out - Similar Threads - Gave account info

2. My friend accidentally redeemed a code on a completely new account, I gave the code as a...

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend accidentally redeemed a code on a completely new account, I gave the code as a...: I am unable to refund, because I can't see the refundable purchases on the list. b4e546e4-b5c1-4417-ac3e-547aec9e8bd5
  3. I gave away my microsoft account information. I Need Help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I gave away my microsoft account information. I Need Help: I accidentally gave away my microsoft account and I lost the microsoft account along with a minecraft account and an xbox account. The hacker changed the password and email of the account. I tried...
  4. I gave out my password to my very first account on Xbox 360, is there a way to recover that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I gave out my password to my very first account on Xbox 360, is there a way to recover that...: I was a dumb kid and gave out my password to my account to a scam and I would like the account back for nostalgia's sake. f581ff73-185a-46f3-95ea-23e5d7c742dd
  5. I recently gave my old Xbox to my brother and he created a new account but whenever he...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently gave my old Xbox to my brother and he created a new account but whenever he...: Hello I gave my old Xbox one to my brother, he created a new profile but anytime he tries to play online it says his account is not set up right. How do I fix this...
  6. Microsoft basically just gave my account away to hackers and wont help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft basically just gave my account away to hackers and wont help: So i found out my other microsoft account had been hacked and when i tried changing the email back to mine they told me to wait 30 days, i told them so many times i was hacked but they tell me to...
  7. my friend previously bought my account and gave it to me I didn't play it for 2 months and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my friend previously bought my account and gave it to me I didn't play it for 2 months and...: my friend previously bought my account and gave it to me I didn't play it for 2 months and when i got onto it …..I wasn't being logged into my account in lunar client and in the Minecraft...
  8. I got a new Xbox, when I signed in with my email it gave me a new account, and I lost my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got a new Xbox, when I signed in with my email it gave me a new account, and I lost my...: I got a new Xbox, when I logged in with my email on the Xbox it gave me a new account, I lost my old one. How do I recover it. e18652f3-3bba-4384-bd65-42a759a75968
  9. gave microsoft/xbox account to a friend, and even after logging them out or changing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gave microsoft/xbox account to a friend, and even after logging them out or changing...: I gave my gamepass account to a friend and am now trying to log my account out of all devices, even after removing it from devices on the account page and even changing the password they are still...
  10. I logged into my old Xbox account when I got my new Xbox one recently, but the one gave me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I logged into my old Xbox account when I got my new Xbox one recently, but the one gave me...: Hey all, so about a month ago I got an xbox one and signed in to my old account from my 360 days. It gave me a new gamertag and i looked to see that it had none of the info from my old account....