I Gameshare with my son, but I can't go online with my other gamertags on my console.

Discus and support I Gameshare with my son, but I can't go online with my other gamertags on my console. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I share my game library with my son. But for example I have other gamertags that I use for storing stuff from fallout 76. And now I can't go online... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Milford Cubicle1, Aug 1, 2023.

1. I Gameshare with my son, but I can't go online with my other gamertags on my console.

I share my game library with my son. But for example I have other gamertags that I use for storing stuff from fallout 76. And now I can't go online with that gamertag anymore. Or any others I had. I was just online with that gamertag a month ago looking for items. Help?

:)

Milford Cubicle1, Aug 1, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

I Gameshare with my son, but I can't go online with my other gamertags on my console.

Well no as you gave up offline access to gameshare

You can only roam when not on home console

That means you have to be signed in at all times on any console other then home console

This is regardless of console

Home console.can only be in one place at a time

So if your sons console has your home console you can only use your content offline on that console

On yoir console only you can access your content while.signed into your account onto live

It's the same.for.all major consoles and switches are. Limited.

3 on ps and switch

Vs 5 on xbox

Steam.deck.Well that requires your account.to be linked.and doesn't.apply to.all.games
  3. Milford Cubicle1 Win User

I know it's not because I thought in order to gameshare my xbox had be home on on my son's and his is home on mine. Can I set mine to home without removing my son's access to my library?
  4. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, Milford Cubicle1

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

When you play the game, what does it tell you?

Have you checked that the console is still set to your home Xbox?

Nathan
  5. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, Milford Cubicle1

No, sorry, as soon as you set your Xbox your home Xbox, it will remove this from your sons Xbox. You will need to do what ngocphi has said, which is to sign in on your account onto your Xbox. This will allow you to use the other accounts to play the games you own.

Nathan
  6. Lord Siidius ( AKA L Win User

Family sharing on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

It isnt quite as simple as my fellow poster has made it sound. I have this same issue, as I have to set my son's console to the home and my one X which is in my room has to remain online. Since my gamertag is not signed in, I must actually go and download
    said game with my gamertag before my son can gain access. It is not enough that I do so on my console, I have to log in on his console and do it too. He cannot directly mess with the Game Pass stuff. So, the master account will basically have to do the shopping
    for the house and have the games installed, then other players on the home console can access it.
Thema:

1. I Gameshare with my son, but I can't go online with my other gamertags on my console. - Similar Threads - Gameshare son can't

2. trying to gameshare with someone while having gamepass ultimate and it still wont let him...

in XBoX on Windows
    trying to gameshare with someone while having gamepass ultimate and it still wont let him...: iv checked my gamepass is up to date, iv made sure hes put my account on home xbox, iv even made him delete and re add his account on his xbox and it still wont work...
  3. Gamesharing DLC

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamesharing DLC: My girlfriend and I are playing fallout 4. I have game pass and i game share with her. She is able to play fallout 4 but we realized i have all the Ultimate Game Pass Exclusive DLC however she...
  4. I had gameshared with a friend earlier today and my own Xbox got removed from home when It...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had gameshared with a friend earlier today and my own Xbox got removed from home when It...: So I've been dealing with my Xbox having a constant removal on my home on my Xbox whenever I game share with my two friends and it keeps on removing itself when it's activated and just bugs the...
  5. GameSharing with another person

in XBoX on Windows
    GameSharing with another person: So my friend is trying to game share with me so I can play call of duty black ops Cold War with them online so they added my account to their Xbox for them to make my account on their home Xbox...
  6. gameshare not working

in XBoX on Windows
    gameshare not working: my girlfriend is trying to gameshare me binding of isaac and when I login to her account on my xbox it says she doesn't own the game, however she does, is there anyway to fix this?...
  7. GameSharing gamepass issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GameSharing gamepass issue: My brother got Xbox gamepass ultimate and he is also game sharing with me but when I try to play online it keeps telling me to get gamepass. 76388427-90f2-4cb0-830f-c2b431f51543
  8. Gamesharing but cant access multiplayer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamesharing but cant access multiplayer: I'm game sharing with a friend that has gamepass ultimate but I can't access any online privileges how do I fix this 75aef79d-2b0b-4bac-9efc-b5b446998e0f
  9. Am I able to gameshare MWIII vault edition with my son who has his xbox set as my home xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I able to gameshare MWIII vault edition with my son who has his xbox set as my home xbox...: Am I able to gameshare MWIII vault edition with my son who has his xbox set as my home xbox if I preorder it? It says full MWII content is available with the pre-order, so would I be able to...
  10. Can I gameshare my games with both of my sons?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I gameshare my games with both of my sons?: So I have a series x and my oldest son has a series s. We have been gaming together and it is great. My youngest son is starting to get old enough to game and wants to play with us. If I get my...