I game share with my son but it says I need a subscription to play starfield

Discus and support I game share with my son but it says I need a subscription to play starfield in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I dunno what's going on it won't let me cloud game starfield on my xbox one but will let me with any other ultimate game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by missdead666, Sep 7, 2023.

1. missdead666
    missdead666 Guest

I dunno what's going on it won't let me cloud game starfield on my xbox one but will let me with any other ultimate game

:)

missdead666, Sep 7, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Only the master account that has the subscription can use the cloud.

The game is still propagating through the servers, which may result in your errors.

It's also possible the game is limited to a single user per account at a time as well.
  3. Riki Hartop Win User

Can my son piggyback my Xbox live and game pass account on his Xbox?

Oh I thought you said you could share subscriptions/games?

I want to be able to play on my Xbox downstairs online,download games etc as normal but have my sons Xbox upstairs be online to.

Would we both need different subscriptions and pay twice then?
  4. playgirlkayls Win User

Xbox live

Hi there, First off I must say great choice in game, one of my favourites from my childhood and I love the reboot too! And there's only two options really for your conundrum. A 2nd subscription to play on a 2nd Xbox as you rightly guessed, as sadly you
    can only be logged into one console at a time - My dad and son fight over my sons subscription all the time! The other option is to split screen so they share the console for that game and share the subscription though this would only work if they were racing
    against each other.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Two consoles, one house

And this won't remove the subscription from my son's console, right?
    Subscriptions are tied to the ACCOUNT that bought the subscription.

So your son can go to any console in the world, sign in there, and he will have access to his Gold membership subscription, Game Pass (if applicable) and digital games.

As long as he's signed in on a specific console, that console will also share the Gold membership to anyone playing with him on that console. Even if your son is not actively playing, as long as he is signed online (for example on a second controller), another
    person can play on that console and access his games and benefit from the Gold membership.

The account that owns the subscription, can designate one console as their "Home Console" (or as you call it the "Main console") and will share the Gold to that CONSOLE. Any previous "Home Console" will lose the ability to share Gold and games when your
    son designates a new Home Console.

Your son's account will still keep his Gold membership, and will share it to the designated Home Console, which in turn allows anyone on that console to benefit from your son's games and Subscriptions.

So is there a specific reason why you want to keep your son's console the Home Console? Are you (or someone else besides your son) playing on that console and needs the subscription?

If so, then there is no other way around than to buy a separate Gold membership for your girlfriends kid. Or you'll have to play on that console to benefit from the shared Gold membership after setting the "girlfriend console" as your son's Home Console.
  6. LeeGower Win User

Two consoles, one house

And this won't remove the subscription from my son's console, right?
    Subscriptions are tied to the ACCOUNT that bought the subscription.

So your son can go to any console in the world, sign in there, and he will have access to his Gold membership subscription, Game Pass (if applicable) and digital games.

As long as he's signed in on a specific console, that console will also share the Gold membership to anyone playing with him on that console. Even if your son is not actively playing, as long as he is signed online (for example on a second controller), another
    person can play on that console and access his games and benefit from the Gold membership.

The account that owns the subscription, can designate one console as their "Home Console" (or as you call it the "Main console") and will share the Gold to that CONSOLE. Any previous "Home Console" will lose the ability to share Gold and games when your
    son designates a new Home Console.

Your son's account will still keep his Gold membership, and will share it to the designated Home Console, which in turn allows anyone on that console to benefit from your son's games and Subscriptions.

So is there a specific reason why you want to keep your son's console the Home Console? Are you (or someone else besides your son) playing on that console and needs the subscription?

If so, then there is no other way around than to buy a separate Gold membership for your girlfriends kid. Or you'll have to play on that console to benefit from the shared Gold membership after setting the "girlfriend console" as your son's Home Console.

Thanks for this.

The only real reason I wanted to keep the 'Home Console' designated to my son's Xbox, is that I'm not very clued up on all of this, and I was concerned he'd lose his access to Live Gold.
Thema:

1. I game share with my son but it says I need a subscription to play starfield - Similar Threads - game share son

2. I game share modern warfare 3 with son , and then bought him the vault edition upgrade and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I game share modern warfare 3 with son , and then bought him the vault edition upgrade and...: I bought modern Warfare 3 and game share with my son so he has it to. Then he wanted the upgraded vault edition for 30 bucks so I bought it for him on his own account and Xbox and everything is...
  3. My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription: Hi, we have an Xbox series X and I have a game pass ultimate subscription. My son is a member of my family with all the privacy settings set to allow him to play online. The Xbox is set as a Home...
  4. Hi, i seem to be having problems game sharing with my son.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, i seem to be having problems game sharing with my son.: Hi, i seem to be having problems game sharing with my son. I have previously been able to do it but now it has stopped? can you please confirm the settings we need. I have my xbox and my account...
  5. My son bought fifa23 we have 2 Xbox consoles in the house can I share the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son bought fifa23 we have 2 Xbox consoles in the house can I share the game: Son bought fifa23 on his Xbox was wondering if I could use same game on my Xbox in same house 62b3abea-d8e1-4030-b72f-7df6d28d1353
  6. I want to share my game pass subscription with my son on his console how can I do this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to share my game pass subscription with my son on his console how can I do this?: I just recently got myself a Xbox series x and wanted to give my Xbox one x to my son can we both use game pass ultimate and how can I do this? 6c5b3969-9806-4603-b0c6-762d0336eb1c
  7. Why can't I game share battlefield V with my son's profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I game share battlefield V with my son's profile?: My profile has gamepass ultimate and my home Xbox is the Xbox my son plays on. When we download Battlefield 5, my profile can play it, but it won't let my son play it on his profile. It says its a...
  8. Can my son and I share Gamepass and Ultimate Gold. I understand Game sharing but do we need...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can my son and I share Gamepass and Ultimate Gold. I understand Game sharing but do we need...: Can my son and I share Gamepass and Ultimate Gold. I understand Game sharing but do we need two Ultimate Golds to play with each other? 73b31169-970b-44a1-8bcf-19f52939a9aa
  9. Xbox game pass- can my son and i share game pass at the same time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass- can my son and i share game pass at the same time?: Bought son an xbox 1 for xmas and set his xbox as my home (whilst he has his own account) to try to share my game pass to play same game / same time ... Is this not possible? What am i doing...
  10. pre ordered call of duty modern warfare 2/ dose not allow me to share the game with my son

in XBoX Games and Apps
    pre ordered call of duty modern warfare 2/ dose not allow me to share the game with my son: To whom it may concern, I purchased the COD game with intentions of sharing the game with my son and it dose not allow me to share with my son. Very upset requesting a refund or if u can fix the...