I figured I could use a little help getting into Xbox Update Preview Alpha, currently in beta

Discus and support I figured I could use a little help getting into Xbox Update Preview Alpha, currently in beta in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello all! My name is Trey. I love betas. Something about being a part of making something is truly exciting for me. I have been an insider for 8 years... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/gnarTriip, Aug 3, 2023.

1. /u/gnarTriip
    /u/gnarTriip Guest

I figured I could use a little help getting into Xbox Update Preview Alpha, currently in beta

Hello all! My name is Trey. I love betas. Something about being a part of making something is truly exciting for me. I have been an insider for 8 years now and I'm also a windows insider. I'm currently in the beta ring for my Xbox Series X but I'm extremely interested in getting into Alpha. I do the surveys when I can and I like to join every preview there is. I also post bugs when I encounter them. I'm writing this today because I've never been invited to alpha and I thought I could use a little help. This is my plea to the xbox devs. I will take the privilege very seriously. I'm all about making the xbox the best experience it can be. And I will be able to do that very well in alpha. My gamertag is the same as my reddit username. Thanks for reading this!

submitted by /u/gnarTriip
    [link] [comments]

/u/gnarTriip, Aug 3, 2023
  2. Tormaz Win User

Xbox Insider Alpha

Hello!

My understanding is you also have to currently be in the Beta preview ring to be considered for an invite to the Alpha preview ring.
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

OSU1 may update needed

Seems a long time to wait. From Beta to Omega, and then GA, just to get a OSU1 file thats older than Beta preview the console is on. A Factory reset is quicker than waiting for a file that may not solve a potential hardware issue.

"on my sons console that is not in the beta but has just updated to the may dashboard,".

As far as I'm aware the new dashboard is only available to Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead previews.

Edit (22-5-2023) A subset of BETA Insider previews have the new Dashboard

"so just like the previous times, once the osu file is higher than what the console is asking for it will update with no issues."

I would investigate your network access if you need to use a OFFLINE System update file (OSU1) all the time. A stable network is required for all the preview updates that Alpha and Skip Ahead receive each week.

Depending on preview, a Insider console is updated several times over the course of preview.

ASA preview is especially demanding of updates, and if one or two are missed, well, lets just say its not convenient.
  4. Alliance United Win User

Hi,

At the moment the new Xbox Avatar Beta is available to those in Alpha - Skip Ahead, Alpha, and Beta. When you open the Xbox Insider Hub, it should show under announcements the ring your console is currently enrolled in, can you double check to make sure
    its within one of those rings listed. If so, it should show under 'Insider content' with the option to enroll in the app beta.

If you need to change the ring you're currently enrolled in, please go into 'Insider content'>Xbox One Update Preview>Manage. You will be given access to the rings you are currently eligible for.

Let us know if it still not showing after checking your preview ring.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

The new Microsoft edge

The "new" Edge is currently only available to Alpha Skip Ahead Insider preview members.

Insider issues are handled by Reddit Xbox Insiders forum. This forum is for General release OS issues.

Edit.. As of 22nd July "new" Edge is available to Alpha, Beta, Delta Insider previews so it is getting closer to a General release.
  6. Zeus254 Win User

vermintide 2 insider beta

I have the same problem. My Xbox is on Alpha Update and i always get an error where I try to use the announcement. It says something about an HTTP: error.
    yeah im in the beta version but its still the same thing yet i have other friends that are in beta and alpha and can play it no problem i wish someone from the hub could help. because support send me to the fourms
Thema:

1. I figured I could use a little help getting into Xbox Update Preview Alpha, currently in beta - Similar Threads - figured little help

2. did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...: did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each other f5fed898-2f87-4e6a-9f9a-116c71c17ba6
  3. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  4. Can you figure out the date a code I have was redeemed?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you figure out the date a code I have was redeemed?: I recently bought a code online and it turns it out was redeemed before i bought it. Is there anyway to check when it was redeemed to prove it was redeemed before I purchased it. Thanks...
  5. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  6. Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why: I got it a month ago (not wireless btw) and it seemed to work completely fine, I use it for gaming and I had no issues hearing others or my mic for how my voice sounded. Until now I first tested...
  7. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  8. I can’t figure out how to turn mic monitoring on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out how to turn mic monitoring on.: When I plug my headset in I can hear audio, but I can’t talk or hear other players talk 20451793-29a1-40f8-bce0-b5426b9ee091
  9. Somebody help me figure out why I got banned?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Somebody help me figure out why I got banned?: I was just playing Fortnite with my friend and then suddenly I got a message saying I got a suspension and I did not do anything please help me explain why I got a suspension...
  10. So I bought a fast card in game currency card from Walmart and I’m trying to figure out...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I bought a fast card in game currency card from Walmart and I’m trying to figure out...: I purchased this from Walmart in ta not like the normal. 25 character gift card. I already had to go back to the store to get a reprint of my receipt which they instructed me would have the...