I feel like I have just been scammed by Microsoft.

Discus and support I feel like I have just been scammed by Microsoft. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I noticed that there was promotion for 50k microsoft reward points with the new purchase of an Xbox one S. I thought this was great, so I was ready to... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by hockey999, Dec 3, 2016.

1. hockey999
    hockey999 Guest

I noticed that there was promotion for 50k microsoft reward points with the new purchase of an Xbox one S. I thought this was great, so I was ready to go buy the xbox one. this is where my issues start. I was told by a rep from the xbox volunteer/ ambassador
    chat that I could buy a gold account, sign up for rewards, buy the xbox, and see the rewards in a few days, I thought this was great so I got gold, but when I went to sign up for XB rewards there was some error not allowing me to do so. I contacted microsoft
    text chat and they said it wont be a problem if I go through with the purchase anyways, then contact xbox support with a proof of purchase they can simply add the points to my account. So I made the purchase and contacted xbox support and they denied me saying
    it was not possible for them to add my points. At some point during the call I was hung up on or the call got dropped... So I go back to microsoft chat and talk to a new rep who assured me that I just need to wait 2-3 days and then come back and contact microsoft
    support saying there was an error when I signed up for rewards points and that they will manually add the points. Well... now its 4 days later and I just spent a long time (mutiple hours)talking with microsoft AND xbox support via text chat, telephone, and
    on twitter who all said its not possible for them to add points like the rep said. Now im stuck with an xbox without the reward points I was really forward to when I got the console. I cant return it because it was a gift for someone. Im really hoping you
    guys can help me sort this out. Thanks.

:)

hockey999, Dec 3, 2016
  2. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest
    XBLRewards8, Dec 3, 2016
  3. hockey999
    hockey999 Guest

I noticed that there was promotion for 50k microsoft reward points with the new purchase of an Xbox one S. I thought this was great, so I was ready to go buy the xbox one. this is where my issues start. I was told by a rep from the xbox volunteer/ ambassador
    chat that I could buy a gold account, sign up for rewards, buy the xbox, and see the rewards in a few days, I thought this was great so I got gold, but when I went to sign up for XB rewards there was some error not allowing me to do so. I contacted microsoft
    text chat and they said it wont be a problem if I go through with the purchase anyways, then contact xbox support with a proof of purchase they can simply add the points to my account. So I made the purchase and contacted xbox support and they denied me saying
    it was not possible for them to add my points. At some point during the call I was hung up on or the call got dropped... So I go back to microsoft chat and talk to a new rep who assured me that I just need to wait 2-3 days and then come back and contact microsoft
    support saying there was an error when I signed up for rewards points and that they will manually add the points. Well... now its 4 days later and I just spent a long time (mutiple hours)talking with microsoft AND xbox support via text chat, telephone, and
    on twitter who all said its not possible for them to add points like the rep said. Now im stuck with an xbox without the reward points I was really forward to when I got the console. I cant return it because it was a gift for someone. Im really hoping you
    guys can help me sort this out. Thanks.

hockey999, Dec 3, 2016
  4. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest

Hello SmootherDrop9,

This forum and our twitter are the only places to receive accurate support for the Xbox Live Rewards program. The volunteer/ambassador that directed you was not correct. This console upgrade offer is only for select members of the Rewards program. Non-members
    would not be eligible for this offer, as they would not be able to be selected. A gold status is not required for the Xbox Live Rewards program, and while there was an offer for Gold members, there was also a console upgrade offer for free members as well.

We were able to start your registration, which may indicate that you may have been experiencing a connection issue when you attempted to register. You should be enrolled into the program in 48 hours.

Regarding contacting support with proof of purchase, they may have been thinking you were asking about Microsoft Rewards credits, which is a separate program. When you then contacted them again and they denied you, that representative correctly identified
    you as asking for Xbox Live Rewards Credits, which they would not be able to add. It then sounds like your next rep who said you needed to wait 2-3 days also thought you were asking about Microsoft Rewards credits.

When we queried MicrosoftStore.com, we do not see any purchase for your account. In order to be eligible for that offer, your console purchase must be from MicrosoftStore.com. Purchases from phsyical Microsoft Stores are not eligible for this offer.

XBLRewards8, Dec 5, 2016
  5. XBLRewards8 Win User

Hello SmootherDrop9,

This forum and our twitter are the only places to receive accurate support for the Xbox Live Rewards program. The volunteer/ambassador that directed you was not correct. This console upgrade offer is only for select members of the Rewards program. Non-members
    would not be eligible for this offer, as they would not be able to be selected. A gold status is not required for the Xbox Live Rewards program, and while there was an offer for Gold members, there was also a console upgrade offer for free members as well.

We were able to start your registration, which may indicate that you may have been experiencing a connection issue when you attempted to register. You should be enrolled into the program in 48 hours.

Regarding contacting support with proof of purchase, they may have been thinking you were asking about Microsoft Rewards credits, which is a separate program. When you then contacted them again and they denied you, that representative correctly identified
    you as asking for Xbox Live Rewards Credits, which they would not be able to add. It then sounds like your next rep who said you needed to wait 2-3 days also thought you were asking about Microsoft Rewards credits.

When we queried MicrosoftStore.com, we do not see any purchase for your account. In order to be eligible for that offer, your console purchase must be from MicrosoftStore.com. Purchases from phsyical Microsoft Stores are not eligible for this offer.
  6. XBLRewards8 Win User

7. XBLRewards8 Win User

8. XBLRewards8 Win User

9. Smwutches Win User

I feel like I was Scammed

Since that is not a Rewards program issue, this is the wrong forum. However, gold can only be purchased via credit card/Paypal or by purchasing a prepaid gold card in a store. It has never been possible to use the currency on your account to purchase gold.
    The system is not set up to work with recurring subscriptions.
Thema:

1. I feel like I have just been scammed by Microsoft. - Similar Threads - feel been scammed

2. Why isn’t there better support for Enforcements I feel I’ve been wronged for these bans...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn’t there better support for Enforcements I feel I’ve been wronged for these bans...: [img] [img] Please help tell me what I did wrong I run a vendor in fallout 76 now I can’t play I don’t want to get banned again but I still want to use the looking for group to stay connected to...
  3. Any other series s owners feel like they have been let down with the framerate of new games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any other series s owners feel like they have been let down with the framerate of new games: It says 120fps on the box. But new games release at 30...... Kinda shady if you ask me... fos over high detail. Any day d66f755b-9e13-4556-bb5e-8571e72993aa
  4. Why can't I contact xbox support, feel like I've been left out to dry

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I contact xbox support, feel like I've been left out to dry: I asked for a refund on a game that was purchased literally hours ago, was denied and cannot contact support for the love of the gods, just sent around in circles...
  5. Xbox warranty expired , but I feel like I have been absolutely scammed and robbed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox warranty expired , but I feel like I have been absolutely scammed and robbed: Hello, my issue is that i have had hardware issues with my xbox one s and have contacted multiple people. I do all the troubleshooting steps and still get the same result , i'm not going to even...
  6. I've been on the delta ring for a while and I can feel my xbox getting slower.

in XboX Insiders
    I've been on the delta ring for a while and I can feel my xbox getting slower.: I've been in the delta ring for around 6ish months and I've started to realise that my xbox is getting slower especially when I'm playing with friends. Their loading times are faster than mine...
  7. Hi I don't feel like my rewards are being credited? I have been a member for years yet have ...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I don't feel like my rewards are being credited? I have been a member for years yet have ...: hi xbox rewards team! Keep up all your great work and merry Christmas. My question is I have been a member of xbox rewards program since xbox 360. In this time I have only recieved one load of...
  8. I feel like I have just been scammed by Microsoft.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I feel like I have just been scammed by Microsoft.: I noticed that there was promotion for 50k microsoft reward points with the new purchase of an Xbox one S. I thought this was great, so I was ready to go buy the xbox one. this is where my issues...
  9. I feel that I have been wrongfully banned again!?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I feel that I have been wrongfully banned again!?!: I got someone banned for cursing at me through text and next day I get banned so I submit for a review and they say I said racial slurs and/or real life threats so I look through all my messages...
  10. Feel like ive been miss sold the elite controller as you cant customise the paddles at the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Feel like ive been miss sold the elite controller as you cant customise the paddles at the back: So i bought the xbox one elite controller for my pc after seeing that it has 4 paddles at the back which are "completely customisable" only to find that they arent. Infact you can only make them...