I downloaded minecraft on the wrong account and now I can't add restrictions for my child.

Discus and support I downloaded minecraft on the wrong account and now I can't add restrictions for my child. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I created a microsoft account for myself to monitor my child a while back. I didn't know how microsoft worked at that time so I accidentally made... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Layla Phelts, May 23, 2020.

1. Layla Phelts
    Layla Phelts Guest

I downloaded minecraft on the wrong account and now I can't add restrictions for my child.

I created a microsoft account for myself to monitor my child a while back. I didn't know how microsoft worked at that time so I accidentally made myself child account. I then proceeded to buy and download minecraft for windows 10 on that account. Next I
    then signed into my account to download minecraft on my child's computer. Then I tried to add restrictions for my child on minecraft. This is when I realized my account was classified as a child account so I couldn't add restrictions. I then created a new
    account that was an adult, added my child's xbox account (my child's xbox account not the one a brought minecraft with) to a family group and tried to add restrictions to minecraft. When I clicked app and games restrictions, it said it would show games and
    apps when my child downloaded them on his account. The problem is I didn't download Minecraft for my child on his account. Instead I downloaded it on a old alternate account. I hope you can understand what I mean!

:)

Layla Phelts, May 23, 2020
  2. AridLizard Win User

I don't know if this will work, but try starting the game on your child's account so the app registers that it has been played on that account then see if it allows you to put restrictions on it
  3. Layla Phelts Win User

Thank you, Please help me
  4. Eggnogga Win User

Add texture pack to Child Account

Have you downloaded it to the Xbox he is playing on? If you go into "My Games & Apps" section, you can look for 'Minecraft' and see all of the add-ons that are downloaded. If it is in there, it should be available for him/her to use. I'm not too familiar
    with the restrictions of child accounts though, sorry.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Time limit

If his account is an adult account, you can't add restrictions. He would either have to continue using the account the way it is, or start over on a new, child account.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox permission

The system automatically assign the restrictions if you have a child account

You can try using an adult account and add your main account to this family group
    You can do it from here:
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/home

Child or age restrictions can't be bypassed if you don't receive an adult approval
Thema:

1. I downloaded minecraft on the wrong account and now I can't add restrictions for my child. - Similar Threads - downloaded minecraft wrong

2. What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...: I want to change my skin on Mc and I haven't been able to. I was wondering what would happen if I Uninstall minecraft and reinstall it on the same device? I have a table and I don't know how it...
  3. Why is Minecraft not downloading behavior packs

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Minecraft not downloading behavior packs: I was trying to join my friends world and he has a couple behoavior pakcs but when I try to download them to join the world It just gets stuck at around 20Mb and doesnt move even after ive waited...
  4. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  5. My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB

in XBoX on Windows
    My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB: When i try to doenload a version of minecraft, it keep getting stuck at 59.82MB , my friends guve me a vode and when i try to do it, it keep getting stuck there, plss help...
  6. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  7. Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console: I just never had this problem until weeks ago and it still is happening today. I just can't download Minecraft because "there is an error on the download or there is corrupted data". I tried...
  8. Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin"...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin"...: Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin" in game? I've tried every skin I can, and all of them aren't considered skins....
  9. My Xbox S won’t let me download the past version of Minecraft why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox S won’t let me download the past version of Minecraft why?: I’ve hade this Xbox for almost two years no complications but it won’t let me download the older version of Minecraft no matter how many times I press install and then is says Install you can play...
  10. I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.: I attached an image of the issue I am having. It won't let me download Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC. I have the bedrock downloaded but it won't let me download Java. What do I do?...