I downloaded Civ 6 anthology. I tried starting the game and now all I get is a black...

Discus and support I downloaded Civ 6 anthology. I tried starting the game and now all I get is a black... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I downloaded Civ 6 anthology DLC. I tried starting the game and now all I get is a black screen. I have tried hard resetting but the Xbox won’t hard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rick moneypenny, Nov 25, 2023.

1. I downloaded Civ 6 anthology. I tried starting the game and now all I get is a black...

I downloaded Civ 6 anthology DLC. I tried starting the game and now all I get is a black screen. I have tried hard resetting but the Xbox won’t hard reset.

:)

rick moneypenny, Nov 25, 2023
  2. rick moneypenny1 Win User

I downloaded Civ 6 anthology. I tried starting the game and now all I get is a black screen. I have tried hard resetting but the Xbox won’t hard reset.

Turns out my tv needed updating and it was just a coincidence.
  3. CarTzy Win User

I downloaded Civ 6 anthology. I tried starting the game and now all I get is a black screen. I have tried hard resetting but the Xbox won’t hard reset.

Hello Rick,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Civ 6 Anthology on your Xbox. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the game: Go to "My games & apps" on your Xbox dashboard, find Civ 6 Anthology, press the "Menu" button on your controller, and select "Uninstall." Then, reinstall the game from the Microsoft Store. Troubleshoot digital game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

2. Clear the cache on your Xbox: Press and hold the power button on your Xbox for 10 seconds until it turns off. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds. Plug the power cable back in and turn on your Xbox.

3. Check for updates: Make sure your Xbox and the game are up to date. Go to "Settings" on your Xbox dashboard, select "System," and then "Updates." Check for any available updates for your Xbox and the game.

About system updates on Xbox | Xbox Support

If none of these steps work, you may need to contact Xbox support for further assistance.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Rick,

I appreciate your promptness in applying the updates. It is essential to keep the device updated for optimal performance. I'm glad you were able to resolve this issue by yourself. The community is always here to assist you if you encounter any challenges or queries in the future.
  5. vTakeover xHTx Win User

I bought Civ 6 anthology

Yes ultimate; its because i bought on web browser then on the app; even though its the same account it charged twice
  6. vTakeover xHTx Win User

I bought Civ 6 anthology

I have game pass. and nope i got charged twice. still there. and it asks me to install civ anthology i see no play option except on civilization 6 base
Thema:

I downloaded Civ 6 anthology. I tried starting the game and now all I get is a black...

1. I downloaded Civ 6 anthology. I tried starting the game and now all I get is a black... - Similar Threads - downloaded Civ anthology

2. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  3. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  4. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  5. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  6. Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...: All the details are in the question....cant get ant help from support as they don't offer a chat option for this issue and the AI is dumb 88af6598-6393-44f5-9a6c-1042b508c4be
  7. Xbox Series S is faster to download than my Series X (Help)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S is faster to download than my Series X (Help): I just bought a second hand Series X yesterday, I was blown away when I seen it was only hitting 30-45Mb/s , while my Series S has no issue consistently holding 150-195Mb/s.. I’ve tried many...
  8. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  9. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  10. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...