I downloaded a game through Steam but want to launch it through GamePass, possible?

Discus and support I downloaded a game through Steam but want to launch it through GamePass, possible? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Alright, so, I bought Final Fantasy XV on-sale from Steam today, not knowing that it's on GamePass, which I currently have a subscription too. My plan... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ILH415, May 4, 2020.

1. ILH415
    ILH415 Guest

I downloaded a game through Steam but want to launch it through GamePass, possible?

Alright, so, I bought Final Fantasy XV on-sale from Steam today, not knowing that it's on GamePass, which I currently have a subscription too. My plan is to refund the game on Steam and just play it on GamePass, since I'm already paying for GamePass.

My question is: do I HAVE to redownload the game in order to play it through Gamepass? My ISP's data-cap is pretty crappy and I'd hate to have to wait till next billing-period to play it. I made a similar mistake with Black Desert Online a few months ago,
    and was able to fix it by moving the entire directory out of my Steam folder and into its own directory. Is something like this possible with GamePass?

Thanks for your help!

:)

ILH415, May 4, 2020
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: