I don’t see a join button!

Discus and support I don’t see a join button! in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So on my Xbox, under my profile I press the Xbox on the controller to bring up the guide. I navigate over to the friends tab and click on one of my... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Peter McDonough, Apr 20, 2024.

1. I don’t see a join button!

So on my Xbox, under my profile I press the Xbox on the controller to bring up the guide. I navigate over to the friends tab and click on one of my friends. I see an invite button, but no join button. I know there’s supposed to be a join button. It’s only like this with my account. Why?? Any help at all is appreciated I don’t see a join button! :)

:)

Peter McDonough, Apr 20, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Peter McDonough,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you're experiencing an issue with the missing join button on your Xbox profile when trying to join parties. Let's troubleshoot this together.

Here are some steps you can take to address this issue:

- Check Online Safety and Privacy Settings:

- Log in to your Microsoft account on the Xbox website: https://account.xbox.com/settings

- Navigate to the Online Safety section.

- Ensure that the following settings are configured correctly:

- "You can create and join clubs"

- "You can join multiplayer games"

- Click Submit after making any changes.

- Enable Chat for Non-Friends:

- In the same settings page, under Privacy, select "Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites".

- Choose either "Friends" or "Everyone" based on your preference.

- Click Submit to save the changes.

- Allow Adding and Removing Friends:

- Still in the settings page, ensure that "You can add friends" is set to "Allow".

- Click Submit to confirm the setting.

- Parental Controls:

- If your account is part of a family setup, check if it's managed by a parent or organizer using the Xbox Family Settings app.

- Child accounts cannot change certain settings related to online safety and privacy; only parents can.

For your reference, see: Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Peter McDonough Win User

So I did all that, but I still don’t have the “join” button. As you can see in the picture there is a join button. This is in the drop-down menu in the friends tab of the Xbox guide. (Pressing the Xbox button on the controller). My problem was never that I couldn’t play multiplayer games. It was this. No join button under my friends accounts. I thought maybe it was a parental feature, but now I’m not so sure. One of my friends with parental controls on their account still has this button.

[​IMG]
  4. Vaiken-3D4C8AEC-1313 Win User

Premium only DXP Weekend?

I don’t have premium and I don’t see any difference in joining servers pre- and post-premium. This may be because I don’t wait in the queue thing to join a server. I just join servers that as a slot available.
  5. Vaiken-3D4C8AEC-1313 Win User

Quitting a game & changing modes- You have to wait and wait-No Quit Option

I play alone. When I join a server, I press the “Back” button to see if it is a reasonable server to play on. If it is not, I just back out. I don’t pick a class. I wonder it that counts towards your quitting percentage. If it does, then that would
    explain my 20% quits.
  6. Chris Rivera1 Win User

Help fixing my controller

I don’t see a reset button my controller
Thema:

1. I don’t see a join button! - Similar Threads - don’t join button

2. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  3. Elite Series 2 P1 and P2 paddles don’t work when pressed at the same time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 P1 and P2 paddles don’t work when pressed at the same time: I have P1 bound to right stick click and P2 bound to A so I can slide hop better in TF2, and I noticed while I was playing that my A button wasn’t working correctly. So I troubleshot a bit, tried...
  4. Can’t get into games, don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t get into games, don’t know why: When I try to get into games, I get stuck or kicked out. For Fortnite and R6, I get stuck in the loading screen for the game, and for others like 2K and minecraft, I get sent back to the xbox home...
  5. My usb don’t work and when i plug in my controller it vibrates

in XBoX on Consoles
    My usb don’t work and when i plug in my controller it vibrates: I have an around 5 month old Xbox series S. purchased 27th of December 2023. I like to play keyboard and mouse but when i plug in both the usbs for them it doesn’t do anything. Playing keyboard...
  6. My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox won’t register discs and i don’t know why: I bought an Xbox one a while back but i never use it because i have a ps5. But recently i’ve wanted to play my old 360 discs and they won’t register. is this a common issue? submitted by...
  7. Can’t join friend on COD warfare say I don’t have permission

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t join friend on COD warfare say I don’t have permission: How do I fix “ don’t have permission to join friends game when they even sent an invite bfdfbbc4-156e-47a1-8588-8bff3da71e19
  8. My friend can’t join the ambassador program and we don’t understand why since she was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friend can’t join the ambassador program and we don’t understand why since she was...: Hey! Im an. Ambassador and my friend would like to join the program as well. She tried to register but it won’t let her. We think the reason could be that she got communication banned in 2019 but...
  9. The Xbox app won’t allow me to join parties that I don’t have friends added

in XBoX on Mobile
    The Xbox app won’t allow me to join parties that I don’t have friends added: as my headset broke i have gone to the xbox mobile app and there is 1 big issue when i try to join a party with someone i dont have added i get a prompt that states i need to update my app to use...
  10. Players that join lobby then don’t participate in game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Players that join lobby then don’t participate in game: why do players join game lobby then just don’t participate in game what’s the point of joining if ur not bothered i’ve been playing infected on cod ww2 and the amount of players that just...