I don't know why my controller does this.

Discus and support I don't know why my controller does this. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One with an Xbox One controller, but when I try to use it, it turns my Xbox on but then disconnects. Because of that I have to use it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gabriela Araque, May 7, 2024.

1. I don't know why my controller does this.

I have an Xbox One with an Xbox One controller, but when I try to use it, it turns my Xbox on but then disconnects. Because of that I have to use it wired. I changed the batteries but that didn't work. Whenever I try to use it wireless, it just turns on for a second or two and then disconnects. Does anyone know why?

:)

Gabriela Araque, May 7, 2024
  2. pkvas Win User

Be careful updating controllers

Don't see why anyone does update their controller don't know what it does but they work fine without it
  3. {Parity} Win User

I don't know why

Perform a hard reset EXACTLY like this.

Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

If that doesn't work contact support directly to see what is going on with your account. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Good Luck.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

my xbox controller keeps disconnecting and i don't know why

Hi Quinn, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

The controller is not connecting via a wireless connection or a USB cable, on your Console and Computer, is that correct?

Have you tried to use another USB Cable?

Please, reset your controller pairing.

To unpair it, press and hold the pair button on top of the controller for a few seconds until it vibrates twice.

Then, pair it again.

Turn on your controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button.

Press and release the Pair button on the Xbox.

Within 20 seconds, press and hold the controller’s Pair button a circular button on top of the controller as you hold it in your hands) until the controller's Xbox button flashes a few times.

That means it's searching for a console.

The Xbox button stays lit once it's connected.

If this also does not work, you controller might be damaged.
  5. CaptainRednek Win User

Don't know why I was banned

The enforcement team are the only ones who handle suspensions and they do not use the forums so no one here can tell you. The only information they will give you is what is provided on the enforcement site. They will not give specifics.
    Another spammed, prewritten non-answer.

I guess I just have to assume Xbox banned me for ........... something.

I surely won't do something again!
  6. Shiggey Diggey Win User

Don't know why I was banned

generally the report system is now being used by other players as a tool to get back at players that they cant win against, i received a communication ban on my account 2 days ago after a few days playing only competitive games, the harassment ban will be
    ending at a different time to your original suspension so you just have to wait until its over becasue the appeal system for the enforcement team is a joke and nothing ever gets overturned even if you can prove otherwise
    Its till year 9999, so will I just be unbanned at some point, doesn't seem like a ban appeal review would be very helpful
Thema:

I don't know why my controller does this.

1. I don't know why my controller does this. - Similar Threads - don't why controller

2. Why Microsoft don't fixing there servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Microsoft don't fixing there servers: I know it's not my problem with this my xbox working fine and other app working fine Internet connection fine but my games sometimes take long time to download and sometimes stops without any...
  3. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613
  4. Why don't mics work on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't mics work on xbox: USB Microphones works on PS5 PC And a lot of other systems it's time for xbox to take notes and make it compatible I don't care what anyone says We need this feature If I had a monitor and I could...
  5. Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics: It would make it much easier if you did a system update on USB mics to make them compatible please make them compatible e38b28f6-e4e7-4cb9-b9d2-998b2cb7574d
  6. Why in Colombia we don't have Microsoft reward?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why in Colombia we don't have Microsoft reward?: Good afternoon, I hope you are well. I have seen in different official Xbox accounts and the official website with a domain in another country, the prizes they give for having points in boxing...
  7. I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...: Please reply if you know anything to help my lag issues 40196061-8ff9-419a-b924-44e03e6c880d
  8. Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's

in XBoX on Windows
    Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's: Minecraft education edition c2879264-d140-4f7c-9292-aa2d15f88547
  9. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting and i don't know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting and i don't know why: i have tried switching the batteries and using a usb-c cable but it did not work tried connecting it to my laptop however nothing i have tried works c6b67020-1343-4433-8f46-f38518b5101c
  10. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba