I do not receive a text message from microsoft to restore the account

Discus and support I do not receive a text message from microsoft to restore the account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My brother has created his account on 2020, mainly to play minecraft. Since then there was no issues, but then he forgot the password and restored his... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ayan Kartkozhakov, Jul 5, 2023.

1. I do not receive a text message from microsoft to restore the account

My brother has created his account on 2020, mainly to play minecraft. Since then there was no issues, but then he forgot the password and restored his microsoft account using his phone number. I have an email from microsoft on mail.ru service, notifying me that the password was changed and there is my phone number. It was dated january 2023. He forgot the password again, and now when he tries to receive the code, it asks the last 4 digits of the phone, we enter it and there is no code, the phone number can not be mistaken, the issue was following us for last 2 month, still can't restore it. However i can restore my main account from which i am creating this thread, i receive a msg from microsoft, however my brother does not. He has not blocked the microsoft contact, and he receives the messages from other contacts and services. Help me out please.

:)

Ayan Kartkozhakov, Jul 5, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Ayan, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I’m sorry to hear your brother is having some issues when trying to get a code from Microsoft.
    I would like to clarify that they only send the confirmation code if the phone number or email you put was previously linked to the Microsoft account you’re trying to recover.

As this method is not working for him, the last resource is submitting the Microsoft account recovery form:
    https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...
  3. MarvinaPerez Win User

Having an issue with signing in…

Hello Gingerbread,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

Here are some suggestions to fix the problem of your brother not receiving the login verification code on his mobile:

Check your mobile settings. Make sure your phone is set up to receive text messages from Microsoft.

To do this, open your mobile settings and look for the "Messages" section.

Next, look for the “Allow text messages from Microsoft” option and make sure it is turned on.

Check your Microsoft account settings.

Make sure your Microsoft account is set up to receive verification text messages.

To do this, go to your Microsoft account security page and check the "Two-Step Verification" section.

Next, make sure “Send a text message” is turned on.

Try a different phone number. If you have access to another phone number, try using that number to receive the verification code.

Try signing in to your Microsoft account in a web browser.

If you can sign in to your Microsoft account in a web browser, you can generate an 8-digit verification code that you can use to sign in to your Xbox console.

To do this, go to your Microsoft account sign-in page and click the "I can't access my account" link.

Next, select the "I'm not receiving the text message" option.

Regarding your brother's suggestion to create a new profile, it is true that she will lose the games she purchased on that account if she creates a new profile. However, there are some games that can be transferred from one account to another.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/signin-security/did-not-receive-security-code

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  4. Elysen-67E1F1CC-22A0 Win User

Can't recover xbox account with landline phone #

Well there are actually a few options to make a landline capable of receiving text messages, such as Zipwhip, but I was told it's not possible to receive short code messages. That is what the support team uses for verification codes. I can make the phone
    receive text from any mobile carriers.

I don't understand what do you mean the microsoft account, do you just mean the email? Thats the thing I don't remember. Since I haven't used a email to log into or recovered the account in many many years. I probably would know the password for the email
    though since I use the same password for all emails.
  5. NMXU Win User

Text message and friend request problems

You should have received a message if you were suspended from sending/receiving text messages and friend requests. Can you send outgoing text messages and friend requests to other players? If you can, then you should be able to get messages and requests
    from other players. I would also look into the privacy settings on your account and make sure you're allowed to send/receive messages and friend requests.
  6. DarthSmiffius Win User

Security Proofs - ridiculous

What utter rubbish. I'm sitting here waiting for another phonecall from Microsoft about an account and i've just received the fourth text message. Security is fine, the system is pathetically organised.
Thema:

1. I do not receive a text message from microsoft to restore the account - Similar Threads - receive text message

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. I keep receiving the system error E102 00000C01 8007045D

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep receiving the system error E102 00000C01 8007045D: I keep receiving the system error E102 00000C01 8007045D 33d17f4b-f468-4c7a-bc31-2531e78a8289
  4. I haven't received the shipping label to return an item in warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    I haven't received the shipping label to return an item in warranty: I have completed an order to return a faulty controller and have been waiting 3 days to get the email with the return label to send it back to you,. It is not in my spam/junk folder it is not on...
  5. What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox...: What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox Series X console messages? Is it safe to go this website and why did I receive this? submitted by...
  6. Can I please get unbanned? I was harassed for nothing then received a band. I want to get...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I please get unbanned? I was harassed for nothing then received a band. I want to get...: I will spawn count on GTA5 and harassed thing received a band. I want to get the band took off my account, please b98640e6-dad2-499d-9a2d-cf13b1b135cb
  7. I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox series S: Out of the blue I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox, I though it was something in my settings but I have everything on, the only thing I don't get is when people get on notifications and...
  8. Why have i stopped receiving security codes via text?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why have i stopped receiving security codes via text?: Last night i was setting up my new series x. when trying to play MW3, it would not connect, saying i needed game pass (which i have, i was playing gamepass games prior to this point). while trying...
  9. So when I try to add my phone number into my account I receive the text code and then it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So when I try to add my phone number into my account I receive the text code and then it...: So when trying to use my Xbox rewards account to redeem for a gift card it tells me I have to add a phone number to my Microsoft account . I follow the on screen instruction and enter the code it...
  10. No text received

in XBoX Accessibility
    No text received: Signing into Xbox I was asked for my password, it was accepted. Then asked to verify my account, no text code was received. No option to have code sent to email. This is ridiculous. Now my...