I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar

Discus and support I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating the xbox game bar, what can I do? d9667d4d-593e-4fc1-9969-bf20e8d78b76 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by steuck duross, Jan 7, 2024.

1. I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar

I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating the xbox game bar, what can I do?

:)

steuck duross, Jan 7, 2024
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar

Hello Steuck, my name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

To adjust the duration of the recordings in the background, go to: Start > Settings > Games > Captures. Under Background recording, with Record in background while playing enabled, select the time period to record last time period.

Best regards, Khaji
  3. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Is it possible to screen record Xbox party chat in the Xbox app?

Hello EthanSL
    My name is Ezequiel. I'm an Independent Consultant and I'm happy to help you today. Yes is possible.

While you're playing a game, press the Windows logo key + G to open Xbox Game Bar.
    Choose Widget Menu > Capture.
    Choose Start recording, Take screenshot, or Record last….
    Record last… turns the most recent moments of play into a game clip when background recording is turned on. Set the duration in Windows Settings > Gaming > Captures.
    Find your game clips and screenshots by opening Game Bar and selecting Widget Menu > Gallery.
    To set your resolution and upmarket everything to 4K:
    To capture game footage, make sure the Record in the background while I'm playing a game checkbox is selected in Game Bar settings (or turn it on in Windows Settings > Gaming > Captures).
    For some PC games, Game Bar won't appear in full screen mode. To start and stop recordings without Game Bar, use the keyboard shortcut Windows logo key + Alt + R. The screen will flash to indicate the start and end of recording. If background recording is on, Windows logo key + Alt + G will record the last moments of play.
    If the shortcuts don't work for a full-screen game, press the Windows logo key + G. The screen will flash twice to confirm that the game has been recognised. Then, re-open the game in full screen mode.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help...cialize/record-game-clips-game-bar-windows-10

If you have any other questions, please contact me and I'll be here to help.
  4. GDead095 Win User

how do i disable gamebar for certain games

You can completely disable the Game Bar if you go to your Windows Settings>Gaming, first thing you will see there is an option to be able to use the Game Bar for recordings ands friends, you can disable it. If you only want to diable recordings go to Settings>Gaming>Captures, there you will find an option to disable the Background Recording characteristic
  5. Wille M. Win User

How do I stop my xbox game bar to stop auto recording a game?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there.

I'm an Independent advisor and I'm here to help you with your concern.

Press Windows key + G, click Settings in the Xbox Game Bar, under Capturing, turn off Record in background when playing games.

If it doesn't work, press the Windows key +i to open the system settings; Click Games > Captures > disable the Record what happened option (Windows+ALT+G).

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be happy to clarify it.
    It was interacting with you in this thread. Hugs!
  6. Gabriel Brz23 Win User

Windows 10 Gamebar Mouse Cursor

Hey Ilisuan,

1. Press Windows key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming and select Captures from the left pane.
    3. Under Background recording, toggle the switch to right for Record in the background while I’m playing a game.
    4. Try recording the game now.

For additional information, you can refer Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10.
Thema:

1. I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar - Similar Threads - capture options record

2. All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?: This 90 day expiry date thing is not an option and there needs to be a way to get everything back because they've been sat on my account for years and now all of a sudden they get deleted?...
  3. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  4. Deleting captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting captures: You guys deleted my captures, this sucks!... df7d048c-5163-4092-bf9b-2711cd084e3a
  5. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  6. How do I get back my old game captures?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get back my old game captures?: So I log into my Xbox today for the first time in a couple of months, and I find all my game captures, screenshots, etc are gone. Every memory from my childhood completely erased, I was not warned...
  7. how do i view my xbox screenshots and captures on my pc? the option for captures doesnt...

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i view my xbox screenshots and captures on my pc? the option for captures doesnt...: xbox captures option doesnt exist in the pc app. 1fff2b33-520d-445d-828e-8f29333b102a
  8. My x-box game bar capture option just dissapear, how do i fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My x-box game bar capture option just dissapear, how do i fix it?: I tried to upload a jpeg and png file but its just said that something went wrong so I cant show you the picture. But anyway, for some reason my xbox game bar just wont capture and when I go into...
  9. Is there a way to record party chat with the capture option?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to record party chat with the capture option?: How can I record party chat audio 259a0d1b-caab-4bf9-b134-c7b1e369b4a1
  10. Captures won't transfer to usb. And after trimming a video, the preview option does not work.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Captures won't transfer to usb. And after trimming a video, the preview option does not work.: i have formatted my usb twice. When i transfer my captures its not there. The app on Xbox that shows all usbs keeps saying i need to sign in, even though I already am. After trimming a video id...