I did a reset on my main M.2 drive, how do i add a game already installed on another drive...

Discus and support I did a reset on my main M.2 drive, how do i add a game already installed on another drive... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; *note* since then I moved the full game to that clean drive in Xbox folder (fresh Windows 11 install) I can load up and play the game if I open it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Danny Rivard-Cloutier, Sep 21, 2023.

1. I did a reset on my main M.2 drive, how do i add a game already installed on another drive...

*note* since then I moved the full game to that clean drive in Xbox folder (fresh Windows 11 install) I can load up and play the game if I open it directly from the folder location however Xbox game app show the game in a downloading state (stuck at 0%) and I can't do any actions with it. I did try to reset the Xbox App data without any success. That said Starfield is a huge game and I would prefer to avoid re-installing it again. If this is the only option available would I be able to move my save files without it affecting Xbox achievements not yet unlocked for that game?

:)

Danny Rivard-Cloutier, Sep 21, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

I did a reset on my main M.2 drive, how do i add a game already installed on another drive to my xbox app library?

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

I did a reset on my main M.2 drive, how do i add a game already installed on another drive to my xbox app library?

Hello Danny Rivard-Cloutier,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with adding a game to your Xbox app library. Here are some steps that might help you resolve the issue:

1. Open the Xbox app and go to Settings > General > Manage storage.

2. Click on Add folder and browse to the location where you moved the game on your drive.

3. Select the folder that contains the game and click OK.

4. The game should now appear in your library and you can launch it from there.

5. If the game still shows as downloading, try to cancel the download and restart the app.

Please see: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know. Have a great day!
  4. Danny Rivard-Cloutie Win User

Hi, thank you for the quick response. I'm unable to stop the download it simply doesn't do anything when I try to stop it, resetting the app didn't work either. i moved the game in the folder that XboxApp made and it still doesn't work. note that I did try to change the install location with the method you suggested. The game is stuck in that downloading state.
  5. CarTzy Win User

6. Dstranger1092 Win User

Recieving error when installing pc gamepass game

Yes when i move the game installed to another drive i get the error 0x80070005 and another drive gets error 0x80070539 when trying to cleanout apps as of course 2 days ago i had to reset the OS to get the windows store to sign me in while for some reason the store didn't recognize i already had installed windows apps on the drives already
Thema:

I did a reset on my main M.2 drive, how do i add a game already installed on another drive...

1. I did a reset on my main M.2 drive, how do i add a game already installed on another drive... - Similar Threads - did reset main

2. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  3. Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?: Last night, I moved my Xbox from my downstairs office back to my bedroom. However, I did not unplug it while it was on, nor did I choose to factory reset my console. When I turned on my Xbox this...
  4. Did I destroy my Xbox one? Factory reset issue

in XboX Insiders
    Did I destroy my Xbox one? Factory reset issue: Let me preface this by saying, I'm not a gamer, and I know I'm way behind the times, but this is my situation. I have an Xbox one that was working perfectly fine at my house with my old tv. I...
  5. Why aren’t my use ports working I cleaned them and did a soft and hard reset but did not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why aren’t my use ports working I cleaned them and did a soft and hard reset but did not...: I tryed everything to fix my usb ports but nothing worked I cleaned them I checked them every thing but nothing 04cb3d6b-b2fd-4350-8adf-dfbad7c06c6a
  6. Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...: Xbox series X struggles to connect with a wired network. It often disconnects with a wired network and it WILL NOT detect ANY wireless networks. Even took it to my brother’s house and it still had...
  7. Already did achievements (twice now) but it's like specific ones got reset?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Already did achievements (twice now) but it's like specific ones got reset?: I was playing The Walking Dead season 1 and finished it completely.. then it said I was missing all the achievements from episodes 1-3, so I just decided to redo those episodes and get the...
  8. Why did my Xbox series X factory reset itself after I got back from a trip?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox series X factory reset itself after I got back from a trip?: I wanted to take my Xbox down to Idaho with me to play games while I was down there. May I let you know it worked fine with no problems down up in Idaho, I got back this afternoon and when I...
  9. My Xbox 1 wont let me Sign in HELP!! its been 4 days I reset it I reinstall it i did...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox 1 wont let me Sign in HELP!! its been 4 days I reset it I reinstall it i did...: Good day team I have a XBOX 1 it will not allow me to sign in. I sign in fine on all my other devices but for some strange reason I cannot sign in to my xbox1 please help.. Thank you...
  10. Why did my MW2 progress reset following Nov. 2nd 2023 update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my MW2 progress reset following Nov. 2nd 2023 update?: My rank has been reset to 0. I no longer have access to player skins, my captured souls reset when I was over 600. I still have my Ranked Play skin equipped but cannot change it. I still have all...