I damaged my HDMI port on my Xbox X series. I have a warranty. Does it cover that?

Discus and support I damaged my HDMI port on my Xbox X series. I have a warranty. Does it cover that? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My son damaged XBox port. Is that covered under warranty and if not how much to replace? 008bb5d6-822e-4b78-bdf9-45cf203dba73 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Lunar Jones, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Lunar Jones
    Lunar Jones Guest

I damaged my HDMI port on my Xbox X series. I have a warranty. Does it cover that?

My son damaged XBox port. Is that covered under warranty and if not how much to replace?

:)

Lunar Jones, Sep 17, 2023
  2. KindGryphon Win User

My son damaged XBox port. Is that covered under warranty and if not how much to replace?
    No. Unfortunately physical/accidental damage would not be covered by the normal limited warranty that comes with the console.

If you had purchased the Microsoft complete warranty (which does cover physical/accidental damage) then the repair would be free but otherwise something like that would be a paid repair.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox Series X Broken HDMI Port

Hi , we’ve had exactly the same problem with our Xbox x so arnt we covered by the warranty? Clearly there a fault on there end if it’s happened to loads of ppl
    if its a broken hdmi port as is the OP original issue which is physical damage then warranty does not apply as its not a fault.

if the hdmi fails to work without physical damage then it can be a fault with the cable, port, or one of 2 chips internally, if its the port or internal then it can be classed as a manufacturing fault which is covered by warranty.
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

HDMI port broken on series x. Is this covered?

Hi Jalen! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Series HDMI port. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on the information I've gathered, I'm afraid that physical/accidental damage would not be covered by the normal limited warranty that comes with the console.

However, if you had purchased the Microsoft complete warranty (which does cover physical/accidental damage) then the repair would be free but otherwise something like that would be a paid repair.

You may also check these links for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s-i-have/008bb5d6-822e-4b78-bdf9-45cf203dba73

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...dmi-port/c85c87cf-eadc-4c26-a957-96f69e3c91aa

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Hi the hdmi port in my xbox is broken

Hi
    the hdmi port in my xbox is broken during a transport home to my parents. i still have warranty on my xbox will the repair be free then? and who to contact, I have researched for a few days but no luck
    unless you have Microsoft Complete (which covers accidental/physical damage) then the repair for something like this wouldn't be free as far as i am aware.

The standard warranty doesn't cover things like accidental/physical damage.
  6. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Does limited warranty cover any case damage?

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Series S console.

According to KindGryphon who answered a similar issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s-i-have/008bb5d6-822e-4b78-bdf9-45cf203dba73

"Unfortunately physical/accidental damage would not be covered by the normal limited warranty that comes with the console."

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
Thema:

1. I damaged my HDMI port on my Xbox X series. I have a warranty. Does it cover that? - Similar Threads - damaged HDMI port

2. Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...: Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s still playing music harm my Xbox series x? abada44f-6720-471c-b5b0-07ae71c10b9a
  3. did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it: Issue with Kinect Device I'm experiencing an issue with my Kinect device. After plugging in a flash drive in Kinect port. by accident, it melted and got stuck in the port. After removing the...
  4. Damaged Gift card code. How do I redeem?

in XboX Insiders
    Damaged Gift card code. How do I redeem?: I have been through 14 help articles and I am unable to get a link for the chat or a number to call. Who do I contact and how do I go about doing that? submitted by /u/IntelligentDisk1045...
  5. so one day i fell asleep and i woke up my xbox was water damaged i left it upside down...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so one day i fell asleep and i woke up my xbox was water damaged i left it upside down...: one night i fell asleep and then the next day when is was about too play my hero ultra rumble my xbox wouldnt cut on so i asked my mom for tips then she said leave it upside down for 24 Hours so i...
  6. Does limited warranty cover any case damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does limited warranty cover any case damage?: The bottom panel and back panel broke off my xbox series s and its causing massive overheating and i cant play any games or even watch youtube for that matter. Does limited warranty cover this?...
  7. Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?: Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to work good vertically. I just bought the support...
  8. Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...: How do I contact Microsoft where there is an issue with an item I have already sent for repair? The call back option hasn't worked all week. 4e588d15-a966-4e7a-b476-fa49a0b424d0
  9. If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?: Im trying to update MSFS thats a huge update but my Internet connection is slow so i need to leave my pc on for maybe about 50 hours or something and im gonna be out and stuff during the day my...
  10. Could my HDMI ports on my TV be damaged if my Xbox One is not showing up on my TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Could my HDMI ports on my TV be damaged if my Xbox One is not showing up on my TV?: I have a Samsung TV with two IN HDMI ports on the back. One port says 1(DVI) and the other just says the number 2. Now, on the back of my Xbox is the same except, one port says HDMI Out (to TV)...