i changed my Xbox username and i see that it has changed in parties but it still says i...

Discus and support i changed my Xbox username and i see that it has changed in parties but it still says i... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my gamertag and it still shows my old gamertaq in every game i play is there a fix to this? and if so how? 6da0fe21-2a52-41a2-b24b-c8cb5ce56543 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Peyton Colter, Jul 18, 2023.

1. i changed my Xbox username and i see that it has changed in parties but it still says i...

I changed my gamertag and it still shows my old gamertaq in every game i play is there a fix to this? and if so how?

:)

Peyton Colter, Jul 18, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

i changed my Xbox username and i see that it has changed in parties but it still says i appear as my old username in games is there any way to fix that?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Kindly remove and re-add your account by following the steps below:

" REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​"
  3. Francia J. Win User

I paid to change my username and it still hasent changed

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Can you please check if there are changes for your account through the website? Here you go:

https://account.xbox.com/profile

If it’s still your previous Gamertag and you have been charged already you can try changing your Gamertag again. Also, may I ask what is the error?
  4. Francia J. Win User

I purchased a xbox gamertag change, and I changed my username, but my old username is still showing

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Can you please sign in to https://account.xbox.com/profile and then check if it was changed from there? Once confirmed, simply remove and re-add your account on the Xbox console.

" REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​"

If it was not changed from there, please go to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and check if you can see the Gamertag change fee, if yes, kindly try changing it again, but this time, you shouldn't be charged.
  5. JJ-2020 Win User

Accidentally changed my gamertag!

Yes, I did try to change it back, but I already used my free Gamertag change. Anyways, it said that the characters has to be less than 12. I think they changed their username letter count, so I dont know if it says username taken or not. :(
  6. Singularity3125 Win User

Can I re-purchase Minecraft Dungeons on STEAM?

Also, why is this still my username? I wanted to change it to VoidGaming3125! Or VoidGame3125? I keep confusing my Java edition username and my Xbox username.
Thema:

i changed my Xbox username and i see that it has changed in parties but it still says i...

1. i changed my Xbox username and i see that it has changed in parties but it still says i... - Similar Threads - changed username has

2. I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...: I am on xbox one s and yesterday i changed my name after 2 years. I did not use the classic custom gamertag option and after i changed it it updated it in all of my games but when i am in a party...
  3. I can't change my minecraft username.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't change my minecraft username.: I enter the launcher, then press "Manage Minecraft: Java Edition profile". ´When I enter the site, I'm logged into the account connected to the email my minecraft account is connected to. For some...
  4. Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...: really strange as many accounts have above 12 characters? adbf22f4-f553-421f-b73b-1caacf7f96f3
  5. Someone took my account and changed the email I still remember the username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone took my account and changed the email I still remember the username: I need help getting my old account back e44e9be3-9bfb-4b55-9f39-3211b73f93d3
  6. How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed)

in XBoX Accessibility
    How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed): On Saturday, Around 5:58 PM, December 23rd 2023, i was playing minecraft on hypixel when someone invited me to a party. they said they wanted to vc so i friended them on discord. they invited me...
  7. my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back

in XBoX Accessibility
    my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back: I tried to make a support ticket on minecraft.net and they said to use actual microsoft support and everytime i try to contact somebody it only says I can contact the community, which really wont...
  8. someone logged into my account and changed the username on it and i want to revert it back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    someone logged into my account and changed the username on it and i want to revert it back...: its literally as simple as that f8f77ecd-33d8-4cc1-9dcb-24716b589d73
  9. My username has been changed, but I can't remember it, is there a way I can revert it back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My username has been changed, but I can't remember it, is there a way I can revert it back...: Hi, I don't know if it is me that changed it by accident or someone else, but my email address username has been changed, and I can't find it, or even remember changing it. I really need this...
  10. Someone has changed my minecraft username

in XboX Insiders
    Someone has changed my minecraft username: This has happened recently i believe in the past week; It used to be AidenT101 and is now samouraipipi104; I have contacted both microsoft support and minecraft support and they have referred me...