I changed my username but it shows my old username underneath the new one

Discus and support I changed my username but it shows my old username underneath the new one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My username is glitching out 06d9c4e7-cf79-4aa0-b27b-e1a2c604c52f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tom1_1, Jul 31, 2023.

1. Tom1_1
    Tom1_1 Guest

My username is glitching out

:)

Tom1_1, Jul 31, 2023
  2. Tom1_1 Win User

Oh ok thank u for letting me know thought something was wrong
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Tom, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

Would I know when you did this gamertag change?
    It was recently?
  4. Tom1_1 Win User

How would I change the classic gamer tag
  5. Smwutches Win User

Depending on how it's changed, you can end up with a "classic" gamertag and a newer gamertag. Typically that would show if you change your tag to something with a special character, but it can happen to other people too. The only way to fix it would be to change your tag again and if it gives you the option to change your classic tag independently, then you'd need to change it.
  6. Tom1_1 Win User

I did this yesterday and I bought it do u know what the issue is
Thema:

1. I changed my username but it shows my old username underneath the new one - Similar Threads - changed username shows

2. I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...: I am on xbox one s and yesterday i changed my name after 2 years. I did not use the classic custom gamertag option and after i changed it it updated it in all of my games but when i am in a party...
  3. I can't change my minecraft username.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't change my minecraft username.: I enter the launcher, then press "Manage Minecraft: Java Edition profile". ´When I enter the site, I'm logged into the account connected to the email my minecraft account is connected to. For some...
  4. Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...: really strange as many accounts have above 12 characters? adbf22f4-f553-421f-b73b-1caacf7f96f3
  5. Someone took my account and changed the email I still remember the username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone took my account and changed the email I still remember the username: I need help getting my old account back e44e9be3-9bfb-4b55-9f39-3211b73f93d3
  6. How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed)

in XBoX Accessibility
    How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed): On Saturday, Around 5:58 PM, December 23rd 2023, i was playing minecraft on hypixel when someone invited me to a party. they said they wanted to vc so i friended them on discord. they invited me...
  7. my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back

in XBoX Accessibility
    my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back: I tried to make a support ticket on minecraft.net and they said to use actual microsoft support and everytime i try to contact somebody it only says I can contact the community, which really wont...
  8. someone logged into my account and changed the username on it and i want to revert it back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    someone logged into my account and changed the username on it and i want to revert it back...: its literally as simple as that f8f77ecd-33d8-4cc1-9dcb-24716b589d73
  9. i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back: hello i just accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to know how to revert this i checked on minecraft.net and it says i have to wait 30 days but i need it asap...
  10. Why does it still show my old username when I changed it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it still show my old username when I changed it: I changed my name a week and a bit a go I thought it would show my new one how do I fix this problem I payed for it. 2449449b-c79a-453d-93ae-3dbd9750f39c