I changed my user folder name and now I can't install Minecraft(win10 edition).

Discus and support I changed my user folder name and now I can't install Minecraft(win10 edition). in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; after changing my user folder name i can no longer launch or download minecraft (via the minecraft launcher from the windows store) any solutions ?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CattoCookie, Jul 9, 2022.

1. CattoCookie
    CattoCookie Guest

after changing my user folder name i can no longer launch or download minecraft (via the minecraft launcher from the windows store) any solutions ?

:)

CattoCookie, Jul 9, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, CattoCookie. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Where exact is the path of the folder you renamed?

And what exact happens when you try to download or launch Minecraft? Any error message or specific error code?

Waiting for your kind reply.
  3. GH623 Win User

Cannot open games

Thank you, found the windows app folder, but now it is saying I need permission from trusted installer to change the name of the folder?
  4. naomifrank Win User

How can I host Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Server so friends can join via "Add External Server"?

I have Minecraft win10 edition
  5. wi7bit Win User

I downloaded minecraft and are missing the folders

Hi RosieGlitter09

When you run the launcher, it will start to automatically download the latest version and place the required files in the application data folder (in your user profile folder) on your PC. It will then launch the game. It does this each time an updated version comes out.

How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? – Home

Hope this helps.
  6. Ana William Win User

Bannerlord Will Not Install to Correct Folder

It sounds like the issue you're experiencing may be related to the permissions set on the XboxGames folder. In order to ensure that the game installs to the correct folder, you may need to adjust the folder permissions to allow the Xbox PC App to write to that folder.

To do this, you can try the following steps:

1. Right-click on the XboxGames folder and select "Properties."
    2. Click on the "Security" tab.
    3. Click on "Edit" to change the permissions.
    4. Click on "Add" to add a new user or group.
    5. Enter "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES" in the object name field and click "Check Names" to confirm it is a valid entry.
    6. Click "OK" to add the user or group.
    7. Select the new user or group from the list and give it "Full Control" permissions.
    8. Click "OK" to save the changes.
    Once you've made these changes, try reinstalling the game and see if it installs to the correct folder. If this doesn't resolve the issue, you may need to contact Xbox support again or seek further assistance from a Windows or IT professional.
Thema:

1. I changed my user folder name and now I can't install Minecraft(win10 edition). - Similar Threads - changed user folder

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  6. Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.: I'm trying to play some OG Xbox games that have inverted controls by default, with no in-game option to reverse it, specifically Otogi. The Xbox controller app only allows for inversion of the Y...
  7. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  8. How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?: I recently purchased the Xfinity WiFi now pass and can't seem to connect to the network even though I have full signal fb640be0-89eb-47e7-bb46-96d23555790c
  9. xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users: I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it keeps logging me into a similar but...
  10. How do I change my PC gamer pic that was created 7/12/12 user name buffyfan97?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my PC gamer pic that was created 7/12/12 user name buffyfan97?: I have an account on the Dragon Age Keep web page. It shows two accounts one for PC and one for XBOX. The picture is showing for my gamer id of Buffyfan97 that I had created back in 2012. How do I...