I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway...

Discus and support I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; please help I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway and now i cant see my screen so i can't revert it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mada-Jane x, May 9, 2024.

1. mada-Jane x
    mada-Jane x Guest

I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway...

please help I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway and now i cant see my screen so i can't revert it and i cant reset my monitor without the monitor being on an input i have an xbox one s digital so its old and i don't knoe what to do

:)

mada-Jane x, May 9, 2024
  2. Sandra Obregon Win User

Can xbox one s run fortnite 120fps

I'm getting a 120 hz monitor and I'm wondering if I can run 120 hz on my xbox one s fortnite. It gives me the option in my settings on my xbox one s but my TV doesn't support 120 hz so I'm buying a monitor. I don't want to buy the

Monitor if I can't run 120hz. And does fortnite have a fps cap where I can't run 120hz?
    Ytgyttttreeer
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Can my Xbox series s run a 1080p 165hz monitor?

Hello, David R. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Xbox Series X and S consoles support a maximum frequency of 120 Hz. Therefore, you will not able to set or see 60 or 120 Hz.

Besides that, it is important to clarify that you need to check if the monitor you want to get supports 120 Hz via the HDMI port, most monitors support 120 Hz and above via Display Port only.

You can check if your monitor supports 120 Hz via HDMI, if the timing is exactly 120 Hz and not (for example) 119.99 Hz and more by checking the manual or contacting the manufacturer.

I hope you find this answer helpful to your inquiry.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway and now i cant see my screen so i can't revert it

Hi Mada-Jane, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can reset the console to factory defaults.

With the console turned off, press and hold the Eject Button and the Pair Button on the console, then, press the Xbox Power Button to turn on the console.

Keep pressing the Eject and Pair Button until you hear a second Beep, then release them.

Your console should be booted into the Troubleshoot menu.

Turn on your controller and select Reset this Xbox > Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

I hope this helps.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

I have a monitor that supports 4K 144 hz but my Xbox series x doesn’t support it

i'm sorry your monitor will only except 60 Hz over HDMI

Monitors often choose less expensive internal electronics and use display port to make the computer do the work for them.

Real hardware to do real 120 Hz display, is very expensive. in fact many of the cheaper monitors only have 60 Hz panels but the hardware will accept the input and scale it down to 60 Hz from 120.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

My new tv supports 120hz but xbox says it doesn’t

VRR is not supported on your model of television, nor is 120hz Very likely you're saying that it has a 120 Hz panel, but the electronics driving it can only support 60 Hz. My 3-D television is 240 Hz, but still only supports 60 Hz input

Reading the manual it is only supported on very specific models, which do not include yours
Thema:

1. I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway... - Similar Threads - changed 120 monitor

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  6. Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.: I'm trying to play some OG Xbox games that have inverted controls by default, with no in-game option to reverse it, specifically Otogi. The Xbox controller app only allows for inversion of the Y...
  7. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  8. How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?: I recently purchased the Xfinity WiFi now pass and can't seem to connect to the network even though I have full signal fb640be0-89eb-47e7-bb46-96d23555790c
  9. I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...

in XBoX on Windows
    I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...: I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all black and now I cannot change it back, what do I do?? d773dcc1-0ce0-41c0-8089-04140cf53767
  10. i have a xbox series s and i changed it to 120 hz and i can see anything on my screen.

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have a xbox series s and i changed it to 120 hz and i can see anything on my screen.: I have an Xbox series a and i put it to 120 hz and now I cant see anything. 85a7a1a5-a736-40da-b793-2ccd1435405d