I changed my Gamertag over 4 days ago but it hasn't changed.

Discus and support I changed my Gamertag over 4 days ago but it hasn't changed. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my Gamertag over 4 days ago and paid for it (I used my free one before). Currently it still had not changed and is my old Gamertag. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by James Hollins, Mar 3, 2023.

1. I changed my Gamertag over 4 days ago but it hasn't changed.

I changed my Gamertag over 4 days ago and paid for it (I used my free one before). Currently it still had not changed and is my old Gamertag. The Microsoft phone back service doesn't work it seems as it keeps saying error. How do I sort this out please.

:)

James Hollins, Mar 3, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello James, I'm sorry you are having difficulties contacting Xbox support, however try to follow the steps below to contact Xbox support via chat.

Go to: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

See the bottom left part of the page and make sure that the page has the correct region that you are in (ex: United States - English for USA)

If not, click on it then select the correct region that you are in.

Check and confirm that you are within the available time of support under Contact times.

Click Contact us

Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.

On the page, see the provided support articles that may help you with your concern. Click See contact options if further assistance is needed.

On the next page, select either Chat online or Request a call option then follow or enter the needed details.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Gamertag hasn't changed in 4 days

no but have you tried redownloading your account

Also is the name you are posting with now the correct one?
  4. bowski477 Win User

Gamertag hasn't changed in 4 days

If your GT hasn't changed at this point you will need to contact official phone/chat support at support.xbox.com/contact-us
  5. BobDuff80 Win User

Hitman GOTY edition golds save 80%?

I first noticed it 3 or 4 days ago but the price hasn't changed.
  6. Yanyannnn Win User

PAID to change my gamertag over a month ago. It still hasn't changed.

Hello Seth_195,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your gamertag change. I understand how frustrating this can be. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the gamertag change to take effect. However, if it has been more than 24 hours and your gamertag still hasn't changed, I recommend contacting Xbox Support directly for further assistance. They will be able to look into your account and help resolve the issue so there is nothing to worry about.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns. I will be waiting for you and I would be more than glad to assist you further.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. I changed my Gamertag over 4 days ago but it hasn't changed. - Similar Threads - changed Gamertag days

2. How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag"

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag": i am stuck on the "Change Xbox Gamertag" and i cant leave it even if i go to "https://social.xbox.com/profile" and i would like to know how to leave the screen bbe80b5e-113f-4686-a882-7c9a530120c7
  3. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  7. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  8. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  9. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  10. Gamertag has not changed and it's been 7 days

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag has not changed and it's been 7 days: It's been a week since Microsoft charged me $9.99 to change my gamertag but it's still not changed. Do I ask for a refund at this point? 26907484-a7ff-418c-b764-7759811d7888