I changed my gamertag on a different account about 2 weeks ago as i wanted to put it on my...

Discus and support I changed my gamertag on a different account about 2 weeks ago as i wanted to put it on my... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Some people said it can take up to 45 days for a gamertag to be able to be taken again once changed, I just hope my gamertag isn't gone forever someone... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ������� ☤, Jan 4, 2024.

1. I changed my gamertag on a different account about 2 weeks ago as i wanted to put it on my...

Some people said it can take up to 45 days for a gamertag to be able to be taken again once changed, I just hope my gamertag isn't gone forever someone please help me. Thankyou.

:)

������� ☤, Jan 4, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

I changed my gamertag on a different account about 2 weeks ago as i wanted to put it on my main account but it says its not allowed for some reason but this is wrong as i was just using it 2 weeks ago

Hello 𝓲𝓷𝓿𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓪 ☤, My name is oskayra and it will be a pleasure to help you.

I tell you in advance so that there are no misunderstandings, this is a public forum for user-to-user support. We are users who help other users. We do not work for Microsoft and do not have access to any user accounts.

I am very sorry for the problems you are having with your gamertag.

According to Xbox's gamertag policy, a gamertag that has been changed will not be available for use by other users for 45 days. This period of time is known as the "cooling period."

The cooldown period is applied to prevent users from changing their gamertags frequently to prevent other users from using them.

In your case, you changed your gamertag approximately 2 weeks ago. This means that the 45-day cool-down period has not yet passed.

Therefore, you may not be able to use your current gamertag on your main account until the 45 days have passed.

If the issue persists after 45 days, you can contact Microsoft customer support for help.

Here are some specific steps you can follow to contact Microsoft customer support

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

You can consult more information in a more detailed and in-depth way at the following link.

Source of information:

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/gamertag-update-faq

This information may be in another language so you will have to change it yourself, I hope you understand.

I hope this information helps you.

Kind regards,
    Oskayra.
  3. Logan Hurkens Win User

Using old gamertag from before the merge.

I have 2 accounts. My original xbox account had my gamertag changed from the default one to the one it has now (the gamertag I would like to have) and I have my new account which I had as a Microsoft account before they were merged. My Microsoft account is what I use everything for, but I want to have my Xbox gamertag on that account. That account was set up as an Xbox account, and when I tried to change the gamertag for it, the limit for characters was 12. So in short I have had the gamertag in the past, and still do. But it needs to be put onto a different account. And to be clear, the gamertag is the only thing I care about from my original account. If I can get my Microsoft account to have my gamertag I would likely delete my old account entirely.
  4. A Girl Sh0t U Win User

Can't share clips uploaded to xbox live?

I'm not sure if this helps. But I changed my gamertag while this was happening, Not beforehand. The problem started about 30-40 days ago. As of today still happening, I changed my gamertag about a week ago. I'll reach out to support again though.
  5. karinawilliams2 Win User

sons gamer tag is attached to all my emails

thank you for your reply, he changed it about 2 weeks ago, its showing to all his friends as the new one but everytime i send an email it comes up with the old one, i dont want his gamertag attached to my email at all!
  6. MrSnrub Win User

I keep getting logged out of Xbox Live playing backwards compatible games but only on the 360 not on the Xbox One.

I am playing Black Ops 2 on the xbox one bc it is backwards compatible. Ive been doing so for like a month and 2 weeks ago it started logging me out of the 360 only. It was working for 2 weeks, i had no issues, didnt change my gamertag or have a different
    profile.
Thema:

I changed my gamertag on a different account about 2 weeks ago as i wanted to put it on my...

1. I changed my gamertag on a different account about 2 weeks ago as i wanted to put it on my... - Similar Threads - changed gamertag different

2. How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag"

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag": i am stuck on the "Change Xbox Gamertag" and i cant leave it even if i go to "https://social.xbox.com/profile" and i would like to know how to leave the screen bbe80b5e-113f-4686-a882-7c9a530120c7
  3. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...: I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but it says its not allowed for some reason but this is impossible as i was just using it? ThankyouI changed...
  7. I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but...: I changed my gamertag on a different account I've had for years and i wanted to put that gamertag on my main account (so I freed it up) but it says its not allowed for some reason but this is...
  8. I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...: Like did i just lose my gamertag forever because xbox makes no sense? 86137c99-ef6f-4a5b-9997-067b85c3aa6c
  9. Can't change gamertag because the currency is different

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change gamertag because the currency is different: I want to change my gamertag but it only shows in USD and im from Malaysia b229d26b-c1d6-436d-aced-51eb9b14ff45
  10. My gamertag and username(?) Is different. How do I change it so that theyre the same

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag and username(?) Is different. How do I change it so that theyre the same: I tried to change my gamertag! The system adds some numbers automatically even with availability, which is a little annoying, but i don't really mind paying the fee to change it. The problem...