I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag....

Discus and support I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag.... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My old gamertag shows but then below it is my new, changed one. I only want the current one to show. 32c59678-ab98-4076-87e4-66e041ea13ed Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Megan Cab, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Megan Cab
    Megan Cab Guest

I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag....

My old gamertag shows but then below it is my new, changed one. I only want the current one to show.

:)

Megan Cab, Nov 16, 2023
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

When I changed my gamertag my ea that was says it is still linked to my old gamertag.

changing gamertag does not change it on EA, even though they are still linked, it will display as your old gamertag name, i currently have 3 gamertags linked to my ea account too.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

My Gamertag reset to my old one

Xbox is currently in transition to the new Gamertag system. Since this transition is not completed, you can get results like you see that you see two gamertags on your screen.

This will be fixed sometime after 2020 started.

Until then it's just a cosmetic issue, where both your old and new gamertag are shown. The first change seems to have happened on a system that didn't have the new Gamertag system in place yet, then Xbox rolled the new Gamertag system out to your area, and
    when you changed it back, the change was made with the new Gamertag system, resulting in the display of those two gamertags.

You'll just have to be patient and wait a few more months until all systems and apps have been updated to work with the new Gamertag system.

In the mean time, the "old" gamertag is used with most games and systems that still mostly access the old Gamertag system.
  4. [EX] Win User

I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag. How can I change this so it only says my current one?

Again don't worry ! ;))

But I think you should more worry about your gamer pic !

It shows several persons who all have their right of privacy ! Do you have the permission of all of them to be shown on a published picture ? I guess not.

I would recommend you to change that picture !
  5. [EX] Win User

I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag. How can I change this so it only says my current one?

Hey Megan,

don't worry the system needs a little while to finish your Gt change.

Last time I changed mine it was changing back and forward several times.

Give it 72 hours to fix it.
  6. Megan Cab Win User

Thank you so much, I will wait it out.

But it isn’t only going back and forth. When my new changed gt shows it still says the old one under it. Here’s an image:
    [​IMG]

This is the screen that occasionally comes up besides my old gt alone.

OldMegCab is the new tag and MegCab is the old one. What do I do?
Thema:

1. I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag.... - Similar Threads - changed gamertag app

2. How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag"

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag": i am stuck on the "Change Xbox Gamertag" and i cant leave it even if i go to "https://social.xbox.com/profile" and i would like to know how to leave the screen bbe80b5e-113f-4686-a882-7c9a530120c7
  3. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  7. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  8. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  9. Gamertag change not updating on android app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag change not updating on android app: Hi. I've just set up a series x today and signed in on my old 360 account. I've changed my gamertag on my console but the app still shows my original tag. When I sign out and resign in it shows my...
  10. I changed my gamertag, but it doesn't change on the win10 app.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag, but it doesn't change on the win10 app.: I've just changed my gamertag (with the legacy one as well) and it won't change on the Windows 10 app. It's the new one online, the legacy gamertag in the win10 has changed and I've reinstalled...