I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in

Discus and support I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, How do I update my Gamertag when I'm trying to sign in on Xbox 360 games I downloaded? I've changed my gamertag and now when I try to play I've... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Adrian Matthew Johnson, Sep 17, 2023.

1. I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in

Hi,

How do I update my Gamertag when I'm trying to sign in on Xbox 360 games I downloaded? I've changed my gamertag and now when I try to play I've noticed that Xbox 360 games are still trying to use the old gamertag and won't recognise my credentials.

:)

Adrian Matthew Johnson, Sep 17, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in

That is because if you aren't using alphanumeric characters or include symbols it won't recognize since its based on ansi

Your forum name is too long

You must use classic name on old games
  3. goyanks135 Win User

Transfer saves to different account

Each 360 account can be associated with a Live account.

Currently I have:

old 360 account -> associated with my Live account but with the old gamertag

new 360 account -> associated with my Live account but with the new gamertag

The new account got created when I downloaded my profile using my microsoft sign in. The old account was associated with the same microsoft sign in but it didn't recognize my gamertag change. Now it won't let me sign in to live because it asks for my microsoft
    sign in details. I'm guessing the sign in fails because it's trying to find the microsoft account associated with the old gamertag.

I either need to somehow transfer my saves over to the new 360 account so I can upload them to the cloud, or I need someway for my Xbox to realize that my gamertag changed on the old account so I can sign into live again with that account.
  4. n0rb3l s3maj Win User

Maximum 360 Password Length Still Only 16 Characters???

I recently changed my gamertag on xbox one and made a longer password now when I go to play a 360 backwards compatible game on xbox one it says I have to re download profile so my gamertag will change but my password for live is too long on 360
  5. 98060189-bdd0-49ac-a Win User

This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.

But the gamertag that I want to change is my old gamertag. I change my old gamertag on 2 August 2020. I used that old gamertag when I create my Xbox account. At that time, the system allow me to use that gamertag. But when I want to change it back, the system don't allow me to use it. Why is this like that?
  6. HeroKakkun Win User

Switching the Microsoft account associated to my gamertag.

No, I don't want to change my gamertag. I've got two gamertags. One for Japan and one for the US. Unfortunately, Microsoft won't allow me to change locales with gamertags. My main Microsoft account that I use now in the US is associated with my Japanese
    gamertag, and I want to switch it with the US one.
Thema:

1. I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in - Similar Threads - changed gamertag try

2. How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag"

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag": i am stuck on the "Change Xbox Gamertag" and i cant leave it even if i go to "https://social.xbox.com/profile" and i would like to know how to leave the screen bbe80b5e-113f-4686-a882-7c9a530120c7
  3. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  6. Why do I have 2 gamertags when I tried to just change the original one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I have 2 gamertags when I tried to just change the original one?: I tried to change my gamertag to Vryrt. I paid for it and everything, but it did not change my gamertag, it just added some third name under my gamertag on my gamercard. I did not want to add a...
  7. Im trying to change my gamertag to Implicity

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im trying to change my gamertag to Implicity: I’ve been having trouble changing my Gamertag to Implicity as its not taken its not saying it’s unavailable or anything it just adds the extra numbers in the end so I don’t understand why it’s...
  8. whenever i try to change my gamertag it asks me to pay even though i never changed it before?

in XBoX Accessibility
    whenever i try to change my gamertag it asks me to pay even though i never changed it before?: So whenever i try change it and when i get to the last step it tells me to add a payment method and pay 10 euro but when i looked it up many videos say that for your first name change it is free....
  9. I tried to change my xbox gamertag, and after a week it never changed. So I tried to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to change my xbox gamertag, and after a week it never changed. So I tried to change...: i Tried logging out and back in and it didn't do anything 5c0efa1a-933e-4b1a-a8a3-fd37ebdb5467
  10. Can you change the last four digits of your xbox gamertag ID? I've tried it in the new...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you change the last four digits of your xbox gamertag ID? I've tried it in the new...: Can you change the last four digits of your xbox gamertag ID? I've tried it in the new gamertag system but every time it makes the number part of my gamertag and not my ID....