I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...

Discus and support I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my gamertag and paid for it (money has been taken etc) but the change is not reflected- it's still what it was before.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ashton Tanner1, Nov 23, 2023.

1. I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...

I changed my gamertag and paid for it (money has been taken etc) but the change is not reflected- it's still what it was before.

:)

Ashton Tanner1, Nov 23, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what it was before.

Hi Ashton! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Gamer tag purchase. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Kindly confirm the transaction for the Gamertag change. Sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders. From there, make sure that it's showing as "completed".

Then check if you're able to change your gamer tag for free on social.xbox.com

If the issue still persists, try to reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support for further assistance as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate your Xbox gamer tag change. You may contact them using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

For reference link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/cb33ad09-94ff-4d73-a66c-5b7faf46fd81

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed

It is always a pleasure to help, and I am very happy that the problem has now been solved.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  4. mellow_x541 Win User

You are an angel, this was the solution to my problem. Thank you so much!
  5. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Mellow_x541! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

It happened to me a while ago.

I tried restarting the Xbox and if it still hasn't changed, I clicked on the change gamertag option, entered my new name, and it changed it immediately without asking for another payment.

I think it bought the gamertag change, but now it wants you to enter the same name to use it.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  6. Juxtapose13 Win User

new gamertag

[quote user="SepticSquirrel3"]

hey guys i still have the gamertag that xbox gave me and but i cant think of anything unique to change it to and i was wondering if any of you have any ideas

[/quote]

It's your Gamertag. Change it to what _you_ want so it's unique and reflects you.
Thema:

I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...

1. I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what... - Similar Threads - changed gamertag paid

2. My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?: Hi; question is in the title. I had my username but I really didn't like it. So I changed it for $9.99 and thought everything was good. But when I looked to see if it changed, I saw that it...
  3. I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt: On October 2nd I paid for the gamertag change. In some areas like the microsoft store the name was changed however in the xbox store and site where you request a name change it has not been...
  4. My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed?: I paid the (ridiculous) $10 fee to change my gamertag and it updated briefly, however upon restarting my Xbox hours later it has changed back to my old one and the new one I chose is appearing as...
  5. I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...: I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it was completed. Whats the deal? 403afaa3-1e91-47f6-a538-8e5d7e0d6aff
  6. I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed: I have been waiting for more than 24 hours for my Gamertag to be changed in the games and still nothing, I need urgent help, I don't want to lose my money. If anyone knows anything please tell...
  7. I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?: Hello, I recently paid to change my gamertag, and after some time it has only partially taken effect. The new gamertag correctly appears: In most games Everywhere on xbox.com, and other...
  8. Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated: Gamertag still hasn't updated almost a day later 800a9ee0-03fe-421e-868b-01f92c7b2f43
  9. Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...: As the title says. Wanted to change my username to "" and i did some looking up and found that it was not taken by another account, after I paid the fee I found that it still added the numbers...
  10. I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.: Hello, I paid the amount of 10 euros to change my gamertag, but it did not change. Order number: [mod removed] Acquisition date: Thursday, June 8, 2023 The email address of the account...