I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even...

Discus and support I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] [img] Please help, I don't want to use my C: drive since it doesn't have that much storage. c517403b-05c4-4e77-a535-8092e3cddf67 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Marsvini_DK, Jun 16, 2023.

1. Marsvini_DK
    Marsvini_DK Guest

I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even...

I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even... [​IMG]

I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even... [​IMG]

Please help, I don't want to use my C: drive since it doesn't have that much storage.

:)

Marsvini_DK, Jun 16, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even though it is.

That's unfortunate to know. Marsvini_DK, may I know if you have more partitions created for this hard drive, or is just this “Harddisk (D:)” partition?

Additionally, if you review the partition folders, are you able to see the following folders: (or some of them)

WindowsApps

XboxGames

WpSystem
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even though it is.

Can I create a new partition on my hard drive and just reformat that to the default settings?
    It's worth a try. Just remember, the cluster size needs to be 4k.
  4. Marsvini_DK Win User

Can I create a new partition on my hard drive and just reformat that to the default settings?
  5. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Marsvini_DK, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

Let's try to solve this, for this purpose, give the next a try:

Open the PC Settings > System > Storage > advance storage options > Where new content is saved.

Under “Apps”, click on the drop-down and select the drive.
    Once selected, restart your PC and verify if you can install a new game on the Xbox app.
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Marsvini, please try deleting the WindowsApps folder from this drive.

Once deleted, select one more time the drive as where you're going to save new apps via PC Settings and then try selecting it on the Xbox app.

If the inconvenience persists, please try formatting the drive one more time.

Additionally, if you're not able to delete the folder, please take ownership of it by following the tutorial below:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-take-ownersh...

This link leads to a non-Microsoft website. The page appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

1. I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even... - Similar Threads - can't hard drive

2. I bought a new external hard drive and I can't play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a new external hard drive and I can't play games.: It's a Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB, Portable External Hard Drive, USB 3.0, I can't play S and X optimized games, how can I fix this. 7c5aa620-e2b9-42d0-b7b9-5633bbf52b9a
  3. can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...: so when i tried to download games to my h drive it would never let me, and nothing i found on here or anywhere else would help, and when i was messing around trying to find a solution, i went to...
  4. Why can't I play a game that is already on my hard drive for my Xbox Series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play a game that is already on my hard drive for my Xbox Series S?: So I have a game I wanted to play and yet it asks me if I have the game and I do, how every I can not launch said game even tho it is already on my hard drive, what am I missing Herr? Do I spend...
  5. Why can't I play old saved games from hard drive unless I'm connected to internet on 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play old saved games from hard drive unless I'm connected to internet on 360?: Trying to play GTA on my 360 and it won't load any saved games or start on an old profile. The hard drive shows it's all there. I plugged into internet and, boom, it loaded right up first try....
  6. Can't play new PC GamePass games after cloned hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play new PC GamePass games after cloned hard drive: I recently upgraded my PC from a mechanical HDD to an NVMe SSD. I cloned my hard drive using Acronis TrueImage and now I cannot play new Game Pass Games. The games installs and opens but when it...
  7. Can't move games from a hard drive to another storage device on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't move games from a hard drive to another storage device on Xbox Series X: I'm trying to move games from a hard drive onto a bigger one I bought a few days ago. And when I plugged in said hard drive, it automatically upgraded or downloaded all the games I had on there...
  8. Can't get formatted hard drive to work as capture location on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get formatted hard drive to work as capture location on Xbox Series X: 1. I can’t seem to get my hard drive to work as a capture device on my Xbox Series X. I keep getting the message “(0x80bd003c)” about formatting the device on your PC to NTFS. I have done this...
  9. Can't format the External Xbox One Hard Drive Storage to use for Windows?! PLEASE READ!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format the External Xbox One Hard Drive Storage to use for Windows?! PLEASE READ!!: If you have an external storage hard drive previously used for Xbox One games data and instead wanna use it on Windows, please note that it's no use to just format the drive to erase all the data....
  10. Can't install game pass games on my external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install game pass games on my external hard drive: I've had this problem for a while now but every time I try to install a game onto my external hard drive, the game will get all the way to 100% and then give me an error. This does this for ANY...