I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X

Discus and support I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Amethyst548, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Amethyst548
    Amethyst548 Guest

I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to upload any of them, a message comes up on my Xbox that says, Failed to upload one of the items. Sorry something went wrong attempting to upload one of the items. The items still selected have not been uploaded. It's said for anything I try to upload and doesn't give any reason as to why. I'm quite desperate since I don't want to lose my captures.

:)

Amethyst548, Mar 3, 2024
  2. joefarrell1878 Win User

Xbox App not showing captures off my Xbox Series X

Hi Mohammed

Unfortunately I can’t follow them steps because am on a iOS device and it doesn’t let you clear cache, also the captures don’t seem to be uploading from my recent captures onto the Xbox live part from my Xbox series x on the dashboard screen, not sure if the problem is linked

Cheers
  3. Voltren Xytech Win User

why is it near impossible to get my Xbox console captures over to my Windows 11 PC?

i have my Onedrive all set up and i had to completely wipe it to get it to function again, but is very unreliable, it has a 1 in 6 chance of actually succeeding in uploading to one drive, once it gets to my Onedrive its all golden from there, but its that connection from any device to the one drive thats an issue

frankly an app specifically just for captures would be best, like strip out all the features from the now defunct Xbox companion app and just jerry rig the captures share system and rebrand it as something like "Xbox Capture Nexus" or something like that, frankly i really dont care, i just want a reliable way to transfer captures between my series X and Windows 11 PC
  4. Nkosana23 Win User

How do I back up Xbox captures to a different OneDrive account?

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

To back up your Xbox captures to a different OneDrive account, you can use the “Upload to OneDrive” function. Here are the steps to follow:
    1. Launch the “Captures” app on your Xbox console.
    2. Select the captures that you want to back up to OneDrive.
    3. Choose the “Upload to OneDrive” option from the available actions.
    4. Sign in to the OneDrive account where you want to store your captures.
    5. Wait for the upload process to complete.

Please note that you can’t upload captures that are recorded to an external drive directly to OneDrive from your console. However, you can copy them to your desired external drive and then upload them to OneDrive from your PC.

I hope this helps.
  5. ShadowOfNFS Win User

Uploading to OneDrive,but on the mobile app I can’t play the videos...

Can you clarify your issues a bit so we can troubleshoot a bit better? What platform are you on where you don't see the "upload" to Xbox Live or OneDrive anymore? Is this on Mobile, Win10, Xbox console?

And as for playing videos, is that directly in the OneDrive app, and if so, again, what platform are you on?
    Ok I'll explain with the best of my ability,so like for one capture only the options for upload limits down to Xbox Live only and I can't see the Upload to Onedrive icon.But whenever I hit the checkmark to manage multiple captures I see the option to Upload
    to Onedrive but that happens on Xbox.I use the mobile Onedrive app for captures,so when I get the notification that it uploaded to OneDrive and I go to look at it,there's only a play button picture and not a random thumbnail for the gameclip.Same if it's not
    a video from my Xbox,like an MP3 file can't play but has the note icon,that's the best I can explain it PalmettoBling.
  6. Jadigafer7 Win User

Won't allow me to upload captures to OneDrive.

I find that the upload to OneDrive function does not work properly in a lot of cases. To work around it I instead upload the capture to Xbox Live first and then I share it to OneDrive (same method as sharing through messages or to a feed, instead select
    OneDrive as the shared destination). After I have confirmed the capture was properly "shared" (uploaded) to OneDrive, I delete it from Xbox Live and my Xbox.

Not exactly, the most user friendly work around, but it seems to do the trick.
Thema:

1. I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X - Similar Threads - can't upload game

2. Can't access uploaded screenshots and game clips on PC.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't access uploaded screenshots and game clips on PC.: Pretty much what the title says. There isn't anyway (that I know of) to access screenshots and game clips on my PC that I have uploaded to the Xbox network using my Xbox. I know I can do this...
  3. Can't upload game captures from Xbox Live to Onedrive - Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't upload game captures from Xbox Live to Onedrive - Xbox Series X: I can't upload my game captures from Xbox Live to my OneDrive. I am trying to do this by going to Recent Captures on my console, changing it to list view, selecting several clips/captures, and...
  4. I can't upload screenshots or game clips to the xbox network.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload screenshots or game clips to the xbox network.: I've had this issue before and there were 3 solutions that are recommended, but none of them worked. 1.Purge/delete some or all the content you've previously uploaded... I actually do this...
  5. Can't upload game clips or screenshots to the Xbox network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't upload game clips or screenshots to the Xbox network: [img] I have came across an issue when trying to upload a gameclip to the Xbox network. I went to the gameclip that I wanted to upload, I pressed upload and then it went to this screen picture...
  6. I can't upload screenshots or game clips to the xbox network.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload screenshots or game clips to the xbox network.: I've had this issue before and there were 3 solutions that are recommended, but none of them worked. 1.Purge/delete some or all the content you've previously uploaded... I actually do this...
  7. Can't upload game captures from Xbox Live to OneDrive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't upload game captures from Xbox Live to OneDrive: I am having no luck uploading my game captures from Xbox Live to my OneDrive. I am trying to do this by going to Recent Captures on my console, changing it to list view, selecting several...
  8. Can't upload game capture's.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't upload game capture's.: So I tried taking a screenshot and uploading it but it wont upload, There's no error code and when i try to manually upload it says it's uploaded but it didn't. The last time something I...
  9. Questions that everyone has Xbox game bar minecraft for windows 10 and I can't upload...

in XBoX on Windows
    Questions that everyone has Xbox game bar minecraft for windows 10 and I can't upload...: Hi I have problems with game bar windows 10, problem 1 When the game bar is running, it uses a lot of RAM and CPU and hard disks, so when I am in the game, either the game bar slows down the game...
  10. Can't upload game captures to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't upload game captures to Xbox live: I can't upload any game captures to xbox live, it keep glitching and saying that it did upload, but it didn't actually upload. I also can't send messages to friends. Is anyone else having these...