I can't unmute my friend

Discus and support I can't unmute my friend in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I accidently blocked someone in my friends list and I can't unmute them in xbox party's I have him added back and it doesn't show he's blocked anymore.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Lisa Klegstad, Aug 21, 2023.

1. I can't unmute my friend

I accidently blocked someone in my friends list and I can't unmute them in xbox party's I have him added back and it doesn't show he's blocked anymore. He can hear me but I cant hear him. Any ways to fix this?

:)

Lisa Klegstad, Aug 21, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

I can't unmute my friend

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Mister Taurus Win User

I can't unmute my friend

Hey there!

We currently have a service alert up for this issue at this time. We would be unable to speculate on how long it will take to get things back to normal, however, we have teams
    hard at work to get things back up and running. Once it has ended please let us know if this still occurs. You can stay up to date on things on
    our status alert page.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

I can't unmute my friend

Hello Lisa Klegstad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to unmute your friend that you accidentally blocked so you can hear them in the game. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

To isolate this issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. May we confirm if you can send messages fine to your friend?
    2. Are your teammates hearing the friend you cannot unmute?
    3. In what platform are you both placing games with - Xbox Console or Xbox app for PC?

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. The Reds Ghost Win User

Xbox parties muting automatically

Yeah it's happening to me and my friends, im also having a problem where I can't hear my friends even when they're unmuted.
  6. Kickstone Win User

Friends muted

I also have this issue and so does my son. He has a friend and his friend is unable to unmute him. He didn't place him on mute in the first place. He tries to unmute on his friends list but it just reverts back. I have his friend on my list and he is muted
    under my account....through choice :). But I too can't unmute him now. Tried on my friends list, reverts back to muted. Tried by going under my profile, going to following, selecting muted, unmuting him there.....still the same.

Anybody got any ideas? Could Fortnite have anything to do with it? Tried going in to party, then going to in game chat, leaving it for 10 secs, going back to party and unmuting. Has worked for some....not for me. Please, help me. my son won't stop moaning
    about it. Is it something that just resolves itself or is that it?
Thema:

I can't unmute my friend

1. I can't unmute my friend - Similar Threads - can't unmute friend

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  5. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  6. did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...: did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each other f5fed898-2f87-4e6a-9f9a-116c71c17ba6
  7. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  8. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  9. Rocket League - Chat Error, can't unmute

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rocket League - Chat Error, can't unmute: When I play Rocket League on my xbox series x, anytime a random xbox player joins my team chat they are muted. When I try to unmute them an error appears saying 'you cant umute this player because...
  10. Mw2 chat mute glitch tried EVERYTHING and still can't unmute the lobby!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Mw2 chat mute glitch tried EVERYTHING and still can't unmute the lobby!: Mw2 chat mute glitch tried EVERYTHING and still can't unmute the lobby! 7e2fc5d8-36b4-4083-8189-6980290b6f2d