I can't turn off mouse acceleration on xbox series X

Discus and support I can't turn off mouse acceleration on xbox series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to play games with mouse and keyboard on the new XBox. The only setting I can see in settings is for mouse speed, but there is not option... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DmitryRazin, Dec 26, 2021.

1. DmitryRazin
    DmitryRazin Guest

I am trying to play games with mouse and keyboard on the new XBox.

The only setting I can see in settings is for mouse speed, but there is not option to turn off mouse acceleration. I put it on the lowest setting and still get acceleration in Fortnite, Gears and COD.

As you can imagine, its very frustrating and unplayable.

How does one request to add mouse acceleration option to be turned off?

:)

DmitryRazin, Dec 26, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'll suggest you drop this feedback to the insiders subreddit instead. With a significant amount of up votes, the issue will be brought to their attention.

You can drop the feedback here feedback.xbox.com
  3. Jayt999 Win User

Mouse Acceleration on Xbox Series X

Xbox allows keyboard and mouse, but it's the developer that builds it into their game. You can change pointer speed in settings, Devices & Connections, Mouse.
    I get that but I mean natively, the Series X absolutely has mouse acceleration built in as I have used PCs in the past. In Warzone for example, if you reduce acceleration to 0, it still remains. Messed around with Pointer Speed but that does not affect acceleration.
  4. Puppy Fujo Win User

Mouse Acceleration on Xbox Series X

Xbox allows keyboard and mouse, but it's the developer that builds it into their game. You can change pointer speed in settings, Devices & Connections, Mouse.
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

acceleration on mouse not going away?

Hello Kyle M, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with mouse acceleration on your Xbox Series X.

First make sure to check the settings of the specific game you are experiencing the issue on. Some games may have additional configuration options for mouse sensitivity. Make sure the sensitivity is adjusted according to your preferences.

Then check to see if there are firmware updates available for your mouse. Visit the mouse manufacturer's website and check for the latest firmware updates. If an update is available, download it and install it on your mouse.

Check your Xbox Series X settings to make sure there are no settings related to mouse acceleration enabled. Check the accessibility and control options in Xbox settings to make sure everything is set up correctly.

Reset Xbox Settings to Defaults If none of the above solutions work, you can try resetting your Xbox Series perform this step.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Forced Crossplay

ok, so you think you are disadvantaged playing against pc players, what about those on xbox one playing against those on series x, you have better performance, higher frame rates, they better make it so they can also turn off crossplay with series x too and series s as even that has better performance than xbox one but not as good as series x so they should wall all three versions off.

don't say oh it's keyboard and mouse as people use them on consoles too.
Thema:

1. I can't turn off mouse acceleration on xbox series X - Similar Threads - can't turn off

2. Can't turn screen time off

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't turn screen time off: Hi, I need help, because its driving me insane. I have logged into my microsoft account on my new laptop, and for some reason it has a screen time on it. I cant use the device after 22:00 until...
  3. Can't turn screen time off

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't turn screen time off: Hi, I need help, because its driving me insane. I have logged into my microsoft account on my new laptop, and for some reason it has a screen time on it. I cant use the device after 22:00 until...
  4. Can't turn off recurring billing at checkout on the Xbox MS Store app anymore

in XboX Insiders
    Can't turn off recurring billing at checkout on the Xbox MS Store app anymore: I've had bad experiences using credit cards on Xbox,that I started buying physical cards from retail stores, for quite a while. But now, even tho you already purchased Gamepass month or 3 month...
  5. Xbox cloud gaming narrator turned on and I can't turn it off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cloud gaming narrator turned on and I can't turn it off: playing xbox cloud out of a browser on linux, narrator seems to be playing on all games and there's no setting to turn it off. This happened consistently in Forza Horizon 5 and Sea of Thieves,...
  6. Parental Controls blocking games from launching and I can't turn them off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Parental Controls blocking games from launching and I can't turn them off: I have been trying to download the dlc for Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas on my Xbox360, but anytime I try to launch them a message comes up telling me that the game is blocked by parental...
  7. Why can't I turn off parental controls?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I turn off parental controls?: I currently am 18 and have parental controls turned on for my account meaning that i cant play games online and obviously it's a bit excessive given the rules were put on the account over 8 years...
  8. X Box Series X: Can't turn off Speakers Audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series X: Can't turn off Speakers Audio: I haven't played with headset for quite a while and unfortunately found today that I can't set the speaker audio from "HDMI audio stereo uncompressed" to "off". As soon as I try to do that there...
  9. Can't turn off speakers on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't turn off speakers on Xbox Series X: Hi, Today i noticed strange problem with my xbox. Previously I was able to set my speaker/hdmi audio to: off. Now if i try to set it like that i receive error: There was a problem using this...
  10. With latest not insiders build can't turn off the sound of tv

in XboX Insiders
    With latest not insiders build can't turn off the sound of tv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQORe9at44...