I cant switch the account of the Windows 10 Xbox app

Discus and support I cant switch the account of the Windows 10 Xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought the xbox game pass at microsoft store, i had to create a new microsoft account to buy it because my old one was registered as a child... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by donibarganha, Mar 6, 2019.

1. donibarganha
    donibarganha Guest

I recently bought the xbox game pass at microsoft store, i had to create a new microsoft account to buy it because my old one was registered as a child account, that means that i can't buy anything there, ok. After i created the account i downloaded and
    started the game Sea of Thieves (with my new account which one i bought the xbox game pass), but when i tried to play it automatically logged with my old account (the one that i am a child) and is not letting me play. But the problem is that i cant switch
    my xbox account in my pc (which is windows 10) to the one that im able to do what i want. Does anybody knows how can i switch this account? It would help me a lot. **The main problem is, everytime i open the xbox app in my pc, it automatically enters with
    my account that i dont have the game pass, and it just doesnt let me switch the account. The only thing i could do was to change my privacity security setting from my old account, but i asked me to verificate it, and the only option that i had was to go for
    a alternative email verification, but now it says that i have to wait for 30 days till my solicitation be accepted, and my xbox game pass will expire before this 30 days, then i am going to lose the xbox game pass without even testing it! Please answer me
    since it would help me so much. if you are able to send me an email to (Mod Removed - Personal Information) i would thank you so much.

:)

donibarganha, Mar 6, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Adicionar outras contas no Xbox Windows 10 [Translation - Add other accounts on Xbox Windows 10]

3. JosephAMayo Win User

Xbox One app (Windows 10) Streaming - Microphone not Working

4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Can't log into another account on Xbox Companion

Hi TheMonkeyGod,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing trouble logging into another account on your Xbox Companion application for Windows 10. Here's an article on how to change accounts on the app:

Switch Microsoft Accounts for Xbox Companion App

I hope this information helps.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there don,

Thanks for the reply. Did you try to uninstall the Xbox App from the Windows 10 PC?

As suggested by XBF Javier, try to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage
    *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

Try this out and let us know the results.
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello there fellow gamer,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning the inability to switch your Microsoft account within the Xbox application on your Windows PC.

We suggest attempting to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage
    *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

Also, please refrain from posting personal information on our forums for the protection and security of your account.

Try the suggested and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
Thema:

1. I cant switch the account of the Windows 10 Xbox app - Similar Threads - cant switch account

2. has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then xbox claim they cant switch them over?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then xbox claim they cant switch them over?: has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then when asked Microsoft to switch they say it cant be done? d798a408-7e59-445a-a9e9-96b3b83c2d2a
  3. Cant claim dlc on nintendo switch minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant claim dlc on nintendo switch minecraft: I have the minecraft deluxe collection on nintendo switch and cant claim the extra dlc and minecoins. 2ed675c1-c2bc-4438-a50e-8ee96a257798
  4. I cant switch accounts on Xbox Console. And I can't sign out of Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant switch accounts on Xbox Console. And I can't sign out of Xbox Game Bar: It keeps auto signing me into my old account, I can sign out on the Xbox Console App and the Xbox app, but i can't seem to sign out of the game bar, i press sign out and it just kicks me out to...
  5. Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam): I am currently trying to play sea of thieves. Whenever I launch the game is brings me to a screen that says "enter password" the only problem is that the account it wants me to sign in on is no...
  6. Cant log in to microsoft account on switch

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant log in to microsoft account on switch: im trying to log in to microsoft on minecraft in switch, but it only comes up that it cant log in. Ive tried deleting minecraft data and every other thing ive seen poeople eriting on forums. How...
  7. i cant sign into my microscoft account for Nintendo switch minecraft!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant sign into my microscoft account for Nintendo switch minecraft!!: i bought minecraft and it had worked for a while but then i couldnt log into my account it just says something had went wrong with the account and i cant play with friends and use my things i have...
  8. I cant sign into my Microsoft account on my switch,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant sign into my Microsoft account on my switch,: whenever I try it just sends me into an endless loop of giving me codes, me putting the information into remote connect, sorting it all out then closing it, only to have minecraft say its signing...
  9. Cant change my switch minecraft account and privacy settings.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant change my switch minecraft account and privacy settings.: I have an account on Minecraft ( Switch Edition ), i try to play in servers or with my friends/find friends it says you cant do this because of the way your account is set up. I google its option...
  10. Cant switch GamerTag to temp account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant switch GamerTag to temp account: Hi, I'm trying to switch my existing GamerTag to another live account that I've created temporarily (as per instructions here:) Error 0x8015402d | Microsoft Account Error | Xbox 360 Error I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox app not able to switch account

2. cant switch xbox account windows 10