I cant switch accounts on Xbox Console. And I can't sign out of Xbox Game Bar

Discus and support I cant switch accounts on Xbox Console. And I can't sign out of Xbox Game Bar in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; It keeps auto signing me into my old account, I can sign out on the Xbox Console App and the Xbox app, but i can't seem to sign out of the game bar, i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Xylen69, Jul 23, 2023.

1. Xylen69
    Xylen69 Guest

It keeps auto signing me into my old account, I can sign out on the Xbox Console App and the Xbox app, but i can't seem to sign out of the game bar, i press sign out and it just kicks me out to the main screen whilst still being signed in.

:)

Xylen69, Jul 23, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, Xylen69. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Let's try some steps to isolate the issue. You can open File Explorer using the Windows key + E shortcut. In the address bar paste the following line:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

If there are Accounts and Cache folders available make sure that you delete them. After removing the cache, try to start the Xbox game bar again.
  3. Zac Elfenbein Win User

Ark Chibis

do you mean press win+g to open the xbox game bar? if so when you go to accounts i cant find the sign in options. there is only a sign out option
  4. Francia J. Win User

I seem to have two different gamertags on the same account, and I'd like to change one. Is this supposed to happen?

Thank you and get well soon.

Let's try to sign out and sign in both on Xbox Game Bar and on the Xbox Console Companion.

On your Xbox Game Bar click the setting on your widget, you'll see the account where you can sign out from there, same goes with the Xbox console companion.
  5. A Skilled Shot Win User

Minecraft/Microsoft Account

Yes I believe you can. I don't own Minecraft but I tested with other
    Microsoft store games that use xbox live.

If you launch "console companion app" go to your profile and sign out, then sign in with the desired account.

or Step by Step alternate method, Microsoft store app will be signed into the account that purchased the game, console companion/game bar signed into any xbox live account you want

1. press "windows key and 'g' key" to bring up xbox game bar, or laucnch the app by searching "xbox game bar" next to start.
    2. click on the gear icon
    3. select accounts (on left side of setting pop-up)
    4. select sign out next you current account
    5. repeat steps 1-3 then click sign in
    6. sign in with the desired account and your good to go
  6. A Skilled Shot Win User

Sea Of Thieves profil

Are you able to sign out of your dads profile in the console companion app? If you sign into your account on the console companion app it should work.

Step by step using game bar

1. press "windows key and 'g' key" to bring up xbox game bar, or laucnch the app by searching "xbox game bar" next to start.
    2. click on the gear icon
    3. select accounts (on left side of setting pop-up)
    4. select sign out next you current account
    5. repeat steps 1-3 then click sign in
    6. sign in with the desired account and your good to go
Thema:

1. I cant switch accounts on Xbox Console. And I can't sign out of Xbox Game Bar - Similar Threads - cant switch accounts

2. has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then xbox claim they cant switch them over?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then xbox claim they cant switch them over?: has anyone ever put vbucks onto the wrong account then when asked Microsoft to switch they say it cant be done? d798a408-7e59-445a-a9e9-96b3b83c2d2a
  3. Cant claim dlc on nintendo switch minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant claim dlc on nintendo switch minecraft: I have the minecraft deluxe collection on nintendo switch and cant claim the extra dlc and minecoins. 2ed675c1-c2bc-4438-a50e-8ee96a257798
  4. Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam): I am currently trying to play sea of thieves. Whenever I launch the game is brings me to a screen that says "enter password" the only problem is that the account it wants me to sign in on is no...
  5. Cant log in to microsoft account on switch

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant log in to microsoft account on switch: im trying to log in to microsoft on minecraft in switch, but it only comes up that it cant log in. Ive tried deleting minecraft data and every other thing ive seen poeople eriting on forums. How...
  6. i cant sign into my microscoft account for Nintendo switch minecraft!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant sign into my microscoft account for Nintendo switch minecraft!!: i bought minecraft and it had worked for a while but then i couldnt log into my account it just says something had went wrong with the account and i cant play with friends and use my things i have...
  7. I cant sign into my Microsoft account on my switch,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant sign into my Microsoft account on my switch,: whenever I try it just sends me into an endless loop of giving me codes, me putting the information into remote connect, sorting it all out then closing it, only to have minecraft say its signing...
  8. Cant change my switch minecraft account and privacy settings.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant change my switch minecraft account and privacy settings.: I have an account on Minecraft ( Switch Edition ), i try to play in servers or with my friends/find friends it says you cant do this because of the way your account is set up. I google its option...
  9. I cant switch the account of the Windows 10 Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant switch the account of the Windows 10 Xbox app: I recently bought the xbox game pass at microsoft store, i had to create a new microsoft account to buy it because my old one was registered as a child account, that means that i can't buy...
  10. Cant switch GamerTag to temp account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant switch GamerTag to temp account: Hi, I'm trying to switch my existing GamerTag to another live account that I've created temporarily (as per instructions here:) Error 0x8015402d | Microsoft Account Error | Xbox 360 Error I'm...