I can't stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support I can't stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 laptop in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When ever I try to stream my Xbox One, it starts streaming then tells me I don't have a controller connected to my Xbox or computer, it reads: There... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by willhowe_42, Mar 26, 2016.

1. willhowe_42
    willhowe_42 Guest

When ever I try to stream my Xbox One, it starts streaming then tells me I don't have a controller connected to my Xbox or computer, it reads: There are no controller attached to this PC. Attach one to either this PC or to your Xbox One and press continue.

If I press continue, then my computer disconnects to my Xbox, or I press continue, because there is a controller connected to my Xbox, the same thing happens. And don't worry I did reset my router and it didn't help.

:)

willhowe_42, Mar 26, 2016
  2. AlecRO1
    AlecRO1 Guest
    Xbox App on Windows 10 can't connect to my Xbox.

I have just bought a Laptop with Windows 10 Home and an Xbox One S. When I go on the Xbox app on my laptop and try to connect my Xbox to stream, my Xbox does not show up. Even when I enter the Xbox's IP address it still say that it can't find it.

AlecRO1, Mar 26, 2016
  3. streaming on 360

can i stream a game from my 360 to my windows 10 laptop

PremiereRhyme27, Mar 26, 2016
  4. I can't stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 laptop

have you tried having the xbox controller connected to the laptop?

StephenCasemore, Apr 2, 2016
  5. BobcatPete Win User

Win10 Game Streaming - Not working

All,

Still looking for help on this. The "Stream" button on my Windows 10 Pro N desktop is not appearing. "Test Streaming" is the only option appearing. Xbox One app is on the latest. I have also uninstalled the app and reinstalled. The funny thing is, I am
    using a Laptop, running Windows 10 and i am able to stream to my laptop on the same network. Is there a firewall or an issue with the network? Devices all have Static IP.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

How can I use my laptop as a monitor?

Hi, you can't project from Xbox to PC/Laptop using hdmi. It's just not possible. You can stream from Xbox One to Windows 10 Xbox app though.
  7. vSolace Win User

Can I use a Laptop as a monitor screen for my Xbox One S?

Unfortunately no you can't use a laptop as a monitor but you can stream your xbox to your computer if you have Windows 10
  8. Spazpol Win User

Using my laptop screen as a monitor for my xbox one

I am trying to play my xbox one on my laptop, as I have no TV, And I am trying to use an HDMI cable to be able to use my laptop screen as a monitor for my xbox one. I have searched everywhere on how to do it, but my xbox isnt connected to the internet
    to sue the xbox app for streaming, as I have no screen to use to connect it to the internet.
    Unless the HDMI is an input (usually it is output on a laptop) it will not work. You could use the xbox app if it is a WIndows 10 machine and stream to the console. It would help if both console and laptop have a hardwired Ethernet to prevent excessive
    lag.
  9. GreyStormGaming Win User

How can I use my laptop as a monitor?

Hey there,

I wouldn't say you can't but it's very rare to find a laptop that has an input/output HDMI port, most laptops these days have output only HDMI ports, you can still stream your XOne to your PC thanks to the Xbox one app on Windows 10.
Thema:

1. I can't stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - can't stream Windows

2. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  3. Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?: When I try to stream through Xbox and I hit the Live Streaming button, it comes up with a pop-up that says under Live streaming providers, "Sorry, something went wrong. Try this again in a while"...
  4. Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play: Last night I was trying to stream a game to my friends while using the remote play feature on my PC, however despite doing everything as recommended by Microsoft, the stream would simply not start...
  5. Why can't I stream my games on discord

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I stream my games on discord: I was in server with friend on discord and I tried to stream my Xbox series s and it wasn't working it would say your live stream stopped working trying again but a few days before it was working...
  6. Can't stream

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't stream: Whenever I try to stream on my xbox it takes me to a loading screen, then it takes me to "select streaming platform" for a few seconds. until finally it takes me to the twitch link page even...
  7. Why Can't I Stream?????

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why Can't I Stream?????: Hi all, I'm currently trying to stream some Crackdown 3 for a YouTube series I'm trying to make, however every time I click the "Start your stream" button I am told to link my Twitch account to my...
  8. I can't stream my Xbox to my PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't stream my Xbox to my PC: Whenever I try, it shows the rocket then goes to a black screen then pops an error saying "Disconnected from cloud gaming session Something went wrong, please try again later." I can stream fine...
  9. Remote Play/Cloud Streaming never stop loading on PC, can't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play/Cloud Streaming never stop loading on PC, can't play: Remote play works on my iPhone. I bought a new Windows 11 PC and I cannot get remote play to work. The Xbox app sees my console (it can even see when it's on or in standby) and it tries to...
  10. I can't stream on mixer and screenshot window is empty

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't stream on mixer and screenshot window is empty: Hello everyone, so I have a big problem ... I don't know how to solve my problems. When I launch game bar, there is no problem to communicate with others players or film my game but I can't stream...