I can’t sign in to a game with my account on my computer

Discus and support I can’t sign in to a game with my account on my computer in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been trying to get into FortNite through my computer and I have signed in first so my account is connected but every time I click on FortNite,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Leah Neterer, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Leah Neterer
    Leah Neterer Guest

I have been trying to get into FortNite through my computer and I have signed in first so my account is connected but every time I click on FortNite, the page glitches and then says that “Something went wrong” and to try again later. Underneath it says I have too many authentication attempts as well. How do I fix this so I can play games with my account with my computer?

:)

Leah Neterer, Feb 17, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Got. Please make sure that the game has already been acquired by your Microsoft or Xbox account.

Please visit this link https://www.xbox.com/games/store/fortnite/bt5p2... and make sure to sign in your correct account and click on "Get" if you still see that option.

To confirm, you have no other Xbox games installed in your PC?
  3. Leah Neterer Win User

I have played FortNite with the same account on my Xbox and Nintendo Switch but wanted to play on my computer to join with family from multiple accounts. The problem only occurs when I try to play games or view my games, not necessarily just FortNite. I have tried to view all my games to play different ones and it still gives the same response that “Something went wrong” and too many authentication attempts. The same thing happens when my brother tried to play using his Microsoft account as well. He’s signed in but it doesn’t allow for games to be opened or played.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi Leah! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Is this your first time trying to play the game Fortnite? How about your other Xbox games, are you able to sign in and play them just fine?
  5. eugenelovett Win User

can't sign in to xbox live account on xbox 360

I can’t make purchases on xbox360 console, I can make purchase on my computer for xbox 360 games, but I can’t play them cause I can’t sign in to xbox profiles or gametags
  6. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I can’t sign into my account

Hi Myles! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox profile. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Kindly try to perform a factory reset keep my games and apps. Here's how:

Note: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options. Be sure to choose the Reset and keep my games & apps option so that you don’t lose any of your games and apps.

This will also help sync the data on your console properly. Once you're done, try to add and sign in to your Xbox profile to see if it works.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
Thema:

1. I can’t sign in to a game with my account on my computer - Similar Threads - can’t sign game

2. Can’t sign in to game pass on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t sign in to game pass on pc: I just downloaded the game pass app and when I try to sign in it says “Sorry something went wrong. Try again in a while (0x89235107)” before I even get the chance to put my information in. I wait...
  3. Can’t sign in when playing on backwards compatible games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t sign in when playing on backwards compatible games: [img] Started happening out of nowhere and I have no idea why. It will randomly let me sign in sometimes and I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix it, but nothings working....
  4. Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games: I’ve been seeing people with this problem as well where you can’t sign into xbox live on 360 making you not be able to play anything online. Any video I find to help either requires me to delete...
  5. Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X: Lately I have been spending a lot of time playing Fallout 3, catching up on the DLCs I never played and recently purchased just last month. So I grabbed my old 2012 save off of my xbox 360,...
  6. Can’t sign in to Epic Games account to play Fortnite on browser

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t sign in to Epic Games account to play Fortnite on browser: Hi, I’m having a problem with Xbox Cloud Gaming. I want to play Fortnite on my browser, but I can’t sign in to my Epic Games account. I have tried clearing my cache, resetting my password, and...
  7. Can’t sign into my Xbox Cloud Gaming app on my phone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t sign into my Xbox Cloud Gaming app on my phone: When I try to play a game on my phone it tells me to sign in, and when I try to sign in it loads for a second and then does nothing. 34de4ff0-31ed-43a0-a2e9-5585bbecc692
  8. Can’t sign into my Xbox 360 profile on cloud gaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t sign into my Xbox 360 profile on cloud gaming.: When I went to play fable 1 on cloud gaming it asked me to download my profile which I attempted and I have a long password (19 characters) due to being hacked more than once. It wouldn’t allow me...
  9. I try to play on cloud gaming but I can’t get past the sign in screen. It’s like a loop...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I try to play on cloud gaming but I can’t get past the sign in screen. It’s like a loop...: Sign in keeps me in a loop and I can’t get past it. 8cec48a7-bc3f-4269-8eb7-f038800c29f0
  10. I need to cancel my game pass subscription but can’t remember my email to sign in I don’t...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to cancel my game pass subscription but can’t remember my email to sign in I don’t...: I need to cancel my game pass subscription but can’t remember my email to sign in I don’t have the Xbox no more how do I get around this 1daa268c-3cc0-49a3-b7f4-0c7923420acb