I can't share my real name but I haven't been suspended before.

Discus and support I can't share my real name but I haven't been suspended before. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am quite confused,I went to change my real name and apparently showing it is blocked due to my past behavior? But haven't had any suspensions to my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nxzmo, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Nxzmo
    Nxzmo Guest

I am quite confused,I went to change my real name and apparently showing it is blocked due to my past behavior? But haven't had any suspensions to my knowledge and the enforcement page says this as well, I'm not sure what's going on with that but I'd like this fixed seeing as I didn't do anything that I'm aware of.

:)

Nxzmo, Sep 12, 2023
  2. Sun Khou Win User

Hi Nxzmo

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Upon reading the description you have posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein even though you don't remember any suspensions on your account. You are still being blocked due to a past behavior when you try to change your real name.

We understand, that you are quite at loss right now. Given that you have been unable to change your real name due to blockage on your account due to a past behavior. That is why we will do our best to provide you with the best possible options that you can try.

Let’s work together in finding the best solution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• Are you referring to the real name of your Microsoft account, gamertag, or the username of your game?

• If possible, kindly please provide a screenshot of the error message. In order for us to further investigate about this matter.

In the meantime, we would like you to provide us with some answers first to the questions above. In order for us to provide you with a more accurate solution.

We look forward to your reply,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Sun Khou Win User

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. DigitalAssassin Win User

How do You Remove Real Name on Dashboard Log-in?

Hi again, so I was having a think about this because recently my Xbox has been asking me to setup real name sharing which I keep refusing. I can't remember seeing my real name in the account sign-in menu which made think that what if you disabled sharing,
    assuming you have it on?

Disable real name sharing

You can turn off name sharing at any time from Settings:

1.Go to the Home screen.

2.Press the Menu button on your controller.

3.Select Settings.

4.Go to Privacy & online safety.

5.Select Custom.

6.Scroll right to the desired setting:

◦Share my real name

◦Share my real name with friends of friends

Have you played with the above settings? Maybe give that a go, above information from here:

support.xbox.com/.../real-name-sharing
  5. kykeon Win User

Change my childs name on Xbox

Hi Danny,

if I have my real name and surname in "How you look" but "block sharing my real name with friends", will it still show what is written in "How you look" (which in this case
    is also my real name) or will not show anything apart from my gametag?

What I am trying to understand is if when you block sharing your real name it actually stops sharing what's written in the "How you look" tab, or if stops sharing your "real
    name" (known from somewhere else in my registration).

Thanks
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Sharing real name.

Hi there,

Thanks for posting her eon the Xbox forums. There is no one time per customer limit when it comes to case reviews. However, you cannot submit a case review for the same enforcement action more than once. Once the case has been upheld, they will not review
    it again.

In short, you will be able to submit another case review if you receive another enforcement action to your account. You can check out the enforcement website for more info under

"How do I"

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. I can't share my real name but I haven't been suspended before. - Similar Threads - can't share real

2. I can't game share gta online enhanced version any help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't game share gta online enhanced version any help?: I recently got my brother a series x and im the one with game pass and gta 5 online and enhanced is on game pass so i downloaded it on his xbox through my account and made his new xbox my home but...
  3. Can't play games online using a shared GamePass Ultimate Subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play games online using a shared GamePass Ultimate Subscription: I recently upgraded from my old Xbox One to a new Xbox Series X. Previously, on my old xbox, I was able to download and play GamePass games using my Mother's GamePass Ultimate subscription. I...
  4. It says shared content denied and then it takes me to settings but I can't change them?

in XBoX Accessibility
    It says shared content denied and then it takes me to settings but I can't change them?: Whenever I try to launch Roblox on my Xbox series s it says share content denied but when I click it it takes me to settings and it don't let me change my settings....
  5. Why can't the Ultimate game pass be shared with family on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't the Ultimate game pass be shared with family on PC?: Same [mod removed] question, not sure why I also have to write here!?! GAME PASS ULTIMATE ON PCs, why can't I share with the family durrr 580c7160-af9f-4037-90d9-10cc2cc66694
  6. I can't game share with my friends.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't game share with my friends.: I just used all 5 of my switches and used them to gameshare with my friends. Then it was fine and the check mark for make this my home xbox got blanked and now they can't gameshare with me and I...
  7. Why can't I game share with my buddy on our Xbox Ones?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I game share with my buddy on our Xbox Ones?: So, my buddy finally got back to playing on his own Xbox One, problem is, whenever we game shared before, it would allow us to get access to any games either one of us could play before. Now, he's...
  8. New Xbox - can't share games

in XBoX Accessibility
    New Xbox - can't share games: Hi, hopefully someone can help me out here with a solution to a specific problem I've been having. It's important that a few things are completely understood about my situation first. First of...
  9. Why can't I game share ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I game share ?: Can a Xbox Series S game share with a Xbox One, of course given that the game is not a Series X\S version, because I'm facing difficulties doing so. I have tried removing accounts and adding them...
  10. Why can't I game share battlefield V with my son's profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I game share battlefield V with my son's profile?: My profile has gamepass ultimate and my home Xbox is the Xbox my son plays on. When we download Battlefield 5, my profile can play it, but it won't let my son play it on his profile. It says its a...