I can't send or listen to voice messages. Whenever I record a voice message but the buttons...

Discus and support I can't send or listen to voice messages. Whenever I record a voice message but the buttons... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Can't listen to voice messages or send them either is greyed out or says try again ee272ee9-ea21-4f63-bab3-456747c0a9ee Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Andrew Tate2, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Andrew Tate2
    Andrew Tate2 Guest

I can't send or listen to voice messages. Whenever I record a voice message but the buttons...

Can't listen to voice messages or send them either is greyed out or says try again

:)

Andrew Tate2, Apr 23, 2023
  2. GrowlingYapper Win User

Voice Message's

Voice messaging is only with the preview program at the moment.

King Koennigjay are you in the preview program, there is an issue with the TB 500X, I use them when you want to send a voice message its recorded you can listen to the recording then send it but using the 500X you cannot hear the recording if you still send
    it the other person can hear it ok, the issue is being looked at and as I said it is only working with the preview members.
  3. hson4real Win User

Unable to listen to voice messages sent from Xbox 360 on my Xbox One

I have found out what's the problem.

As soon as I attach a headset to my controller, I can't hear any voice comm at all.

I have even tried recording my own voice message (without sending it) and as long as a headset is attached to my controller, I can't hear anything.

When I unplug the headset I can listen to my own recording as well as my voice messages.

And it doesn't matter which typer of headset I have attached, have tried with several different and the result is the same.

Any clue what might be the problem?
  4. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

8 Months in, and still no Voice Messages.

The only way you will every be able to make a solid case to voice message is by getting the usage figures over all the people with gold accounts.

Voice messages are convenient for sending messages, yes you don't have to type, but on the 360 there were a pain to receive, 90% of the voice message i received was from people trolling.

The ratio of trolling on voice message was always higher than people sending text message, becuase its easier to send a voice message.

Other issues with voice messages is receiving them mid was through a game, its much easier and quicker to read a message than it is to listen to a voice message, which can't be played through the site, or on smartglass were I do 99% of my messaging.

I would be happy with a compromise, if I could block all voice messages and MS implements a system which converted voice messages to text on the fly I could live with that.

voice messages might be wanted, but so are pink xbox's and in both cases not by everyone.
  5. RippenHarra Win User

April Update: Voice messages are coming

I don't care about the content of the voice message, but if that voice message can't be listened to on every Xbox app enable device I use then I need the option to set my profile as a text only message recipient. Simple as that.

And no there is no option to set it as a preference in settings. Just know that a voice message will go unheard if sent to me as I Recieve and send 99% of my Xbox messages via my iPhone.
  6. Satsumo Win User

Voice messages...

Personally I'm glad there aren't any voice messages - the only time they got used was when I got abusive voice messages from some idiot that didn't like the way I gamed.

Anyway - surely you can and should use Skype to send voice messages? At least then you can listen to them anywhere - whereas (if I recall) the Xbox voice messages could only be listened to on the Xbox?
Thema:

1. I can't send or listen to voice messages. Whenever I record a voice message but the buttons... - Similar Threads - can't send listen

2. Why can't I send a friend request using the xbox app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I send a friend request using the xbox app?: Is there something wrong with my account that's blocking me from send a friend request? Please help me solve this issue 05ee4fb6-b8ba-4d95-b3d8-3cdcc043efa9
  3. Why I can't send gifts

in XBoX on Windows
    Why I can't send gifts: I want to send a gift to my friend 715dc71e-738e-47eb-8738-81a24183cc82
  4. Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...: Xbox update Update error Restart Offline update ddfd9111-02a9-40b8-bb9f-1f90ad3ad176
  5. I can't log in on xbox.com, It's keep sending me back to the home page.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log in on xbox.com, It's keep sending me back to the home page.: I was trying to connect my Xbox account to my Epicgame account and I realized that I had to log in on xbox.com first, so I tried when I was trying to log in it wasn't letting me and sent me back...
  6. My mom's account need verification and i can't send sms code because her number is off (she...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My mom's account need verification and i can't send sms code because her number is off (she...: My mom's account need verification and i can't send sms code because her number is off (she died) and I don't know the recovery email how i can fix that and bring the account back...
  7. Unable to send request and can't post in looking for groups

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to send request and can't post in looking for groups: I can't post looking for groups or reply to them, I've tried all fixes on this website. Changing mac address, changing dns hard reset soft reset I even tried a whole different console and i dont...
  8. Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message they're still blocked it's really...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message they're still blocked it's really...: Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message 0323c51a-d86d-4183-b2ce-ac3a9d4ce3ef
  9. Why can't I see messages or send them?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I see messages or send them?: On Xbox app or on Xbox it won't let me see any of my messages and I can't send any either, a message at the top says in yellow text sorry couldn't retrieve your messages....
  10. I can't listen the audio messages i send or send me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't listen the audio messages i send or send me.: HI. I have the xbox series x with latest firmware. I have update my controller firmware to. And i have issue with AUDIO messages. Most of the times i can't listen it. The only times i can...