I can’t seem to shrink down the Xbox screen to fit my TV and when I look in settings I...

Discus and support I can’t seem to shrink down the Xbox screen to fit my TV and when I look in settings I... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For example, I was playing a fighting game and the inputs were displayed on the side. I literally couldn’t see the full inputs cause the screen wasn’t... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Distendo64, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Distendo64
    Distendo64 Guest

I can’t seem to shrink down the Xbox screen to fit my TV and when I look in settings I...

For example, I was playing a fighting game and the inputs were displayed on the side. I literally couldn’t see the full inputs cause the screen wasn’t formatted to fit my TV which the TV works fine with both my switch and PS5 so if there’s a way to change the screen size on Xbox one please tell me, this is seriously bothering me

:)

Distendo64, Jul 19, 2023
  2. Distendo64 Win User

I can’t seem to shrink down the Xbox screen to fit my TV and when I look in settings I can’t find the option to resize any tips?

Update: I managed to get it fixed, by changing the TV settings
  3. Distendo64 Win User

I can’t seem to shrink down the Xbox screen to fit my TV and when I look in settings I can’t find the option to resize any tips?

My TV is a Panasonic “VIERA” im not sure if that’s the name of the model but that is what it says on the TV, im also not sure of the size of the screen. And this is an issue with the Xbox as a whole it’s like this with everything, not game specific.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Distendo64,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to fit the game's resolution to your TV screen to optimize your gameplay. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Based on your description, you could not see the full inputs of your game in the screen. We would like to ask few details about your TV.

1. May we ask for the make and model of your TV?
    2. Among the list of resolutions available on this link - (About TV resolutions and Xbox | Xbox Support), does your TV fits on one of these?
    3. May we ask if you can calibrate the settings of your TV and try different display and picture settings?

For steps, try this suggested steps from the support article:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings.
    3. Under General, select TV & display options.
    4. Choose the display and picture settings appropriate for your TV.

Note If you don't see the resolution for your TV, make sure to set TV connection to Auto detect.

Source: How to change the TV display settings on your Xbox | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Distendo64,

We are pleased to know that everything is up and running now.

Thank you for the updating us with your fix.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

Kind regards,

6. RealisticSeer Win User

Blu-Ray on xbox one s

You could also try adjusting the settings on your TV, it might be set to a visual mode that shrinks your screen down!
Thema:

1. I can’t seem to shrink down the Xbox screen to fit my TV and when I look in settings I... - Similar Threads - can’t seem shrink

2. How do I turn on push to talk on my Xbox I’ve been looking but can’t seem to find anything...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I turn on push to talk on my Xbox I’ve been looking but can’t seem to find anything...: Help me ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Xbox on Windows*** eac6c6cd-29bb-46fa-a309-9a4c5f59da38
  3. Can’t seem to play Black Ops 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t seem to play Black Ops 3: So i just remembered i have black ops 3, so i tried to play it after years, after a little over 4 hours it was finally done installing and its making me install it again??? It shows up as 2...
  4. Why can’t I change my name to something seemingly harmless?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I change my name to something seemingly harmless?: Hi, I was trying to change mg GT to “” since i use it everywhere but it wont let me. There is no one with this gamertag or any variants, so what’s the problem? It’s just food and a play on “being...
  5. Wondering how I can see what icons/badges I have on my account? Can’t seem to see or find...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wondering how I can see what icons/badges I have on my account? Can’t seem to see or find...: Hi I was wondering how I can see what icons/badges I have on my account? Can’t seem to see or find them anywhere. Thank you :) * Original title: Hello! 4668918b-57d5-4fb6-8d3d-bc675c474d28
  6. I can’t seem to PreOrder Hogwarts Legacy Xbox One Version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t seem to PreOrder Hogwarts Legacy Xbox One Version?: It keeps giving me an “oops” message when I try to preorder Hogwarts Legacy Xbox One Version, how can I preorder it? eaac3866-11c8-42d8-87dc-7b2c5f75ac28
  7. Head set problem I can’t seem to fix

in XboX Insiders
    Head set problem I can’t seem to fix: Yesterday I used my relatively new head set on my pc and then today I plug it back into my controller and I can’t here anything except myself through mic monitoring and Spotify as well. I am very...
  8. My son got a fr.tec formula steering wheel for Christmas but he can’t seem to be able to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son got a fr.tec formula steering wheel for Christmas but he can’t seem to be able to...: Fr.tec formula steering wheel. He is unable to connect this to his Xbox one s, we have the right cable for his controller etc. red light is on wheel but nothing else happening with it. Any...
  9. Menu bugs (and I can’t seem to find a fix!)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Menu bugs (and I can’t seem to find a fix!): Whenever I press the Xbox logo button on my controller, it will either not pull up the menu, or pull up the menu and won’t allow me to select options. I can’t power off my console using the...
  10. My freind got mwll the new call of duty and we are sharing my home xbox but I can’t seem to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My freind got mwll the new call of duty and we are sharing my home xbox but I can’t seem to...: My freind got mwll the new call of duty and we are sharing my home xbox but I can’t seem to play the game do you know why? I have been trying for a while now please help me...