I can't remove my daughter from my son's family group to add her to my own

Discus and support I can't remove my daughter from my son's family group to add her to my own in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son had apparently created a family group for his xbox account and added my daughter to it a few years ago. He has moved out and we want to move her... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by snortblt, Nov 15, 2023.

1. snortblt
    snortblt Guest

My son had apparently created a family group for his xbox account and added my daughter to it a few years ago. He has moved out and we want to move her to my own family group. I've tried two ways: 1) follow the (unhelpful) instructions provided online to remove her by logging in as her and clicking the meatball menu button, which does not have an option to remove, I assume because she is a minor. And 2) I've had my son log in to remove her from his side, but he gets a message saying that family members under statutory age must have an adult's permission to be removed. Well, he IS an adult and apparently still can't do it, and there is no other adult in the family group, so I'm not sure how this permission is supposed to be obtained lol. Please help. Here's a code related to the attempt: MANIaEZ7VkCm4ZyC.9.59 for any support reps. Thanks.

:)

snortblt, Nov 15, 2023
  2. snortblt Win User

KhajiBower34, thanks for your reply. However I don't think you've read what I said or perhaps I wasn't clear. I have tried this from the Xbox and online and no one in my group has the ability to remove anyone from the family group. I can't even remove MYSELF from my own family group and I'm definitely not a minor AND I'm clearly listed as the organizer of the group. This is going to require some intervention from Microsoft support on your end. I cannot do anything regardless of which account I log in with.
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Snortblt, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I understand your frustration and believe me I understand you.

Here are some points that could help you solve your problem:

Remove a family member on Xbox: Sign in with the appropriate account on the console. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Parental controls > Manage family members. If prompted, enter your password or PIN to validate that you are authorized to make changes. Select the account you want to remove from the family group

Remove a family member online: Only organizers of a family group can remove family members. Only the adult who has given consent can remove an account from a minor in the household.

Using a web browser, sign in to family.microsoft.com. Click next to the person's name and select Remove from family group. Select Remove to confirm

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. Bob Omstead Win User

Trouble with switching child account back to original (re: proper) Family group ...

I figured it out ... Logging into the Microsoft website using my "gmail" credentials, I navigated to the Family Group.

I had to "remove consent" for my son FIRST, and then I was allowed to remove my son from the "gmail" family group. Logging back into my "hotmail" Family Group, I was able to add him back easy peasy.
  5. Scott Hall3 Win User

How do I make my child the adminstrator on his laptop in Microsoft Family?

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the Microsoft Family Website and I am logged in on my account as the family organzier, the only family organizer our family account has ever had.

Unless they are hidden somewhere very obscure, I cannot find where I can give my son administrator access to his own computer for school. It feels as if there are a layer of controls that are being hidden from me, the parent, for my own family account.

When I try to just remove him from the family account, I get the following message:

You can't remove [Son] from the family group

Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for [son] can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted [son] consent to remove [son] from the family group.

This is pretty infuriating and starting to make me really wish I never started the family account in the first place.
  6. Michael Sangirardi Win User

Merging family accounts

I’ll clarify my question. My wife and son are in a “family” group and my daughter and I are in a separate “family”group. Is there a way to combine the both and make one family? My wife tried to invite us to the family she created but that didn’t seem to work.
Thema:

1. I can't remove my daughter from my son's family group to add her to my own - Similar Threads - can't remove daughter

2. PLS HELP ME REMOVE THIS ANOYING THING I CAN'T EVEN USE F5 KEY IN MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    PLS HELP ME REMOVE THIS ANOYING THING I CAN'T EVEN USE F5 KEY IN MINECRAFT: I USE F5 KEY BUT IT ONLY APPEAR THIS AND CAN'T CHANGE CAMERA [img] 7bc19883-7ce0-4952-918b-adad4b164485
  3. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  4. Post removed? I only have a cell phone to work with, thereby can't see why it was removed.

in XboX Insiders
    Post removed? I only have a cell phone to work with, thereby can't see why it was removed.: I can't see why it was removed because I am on the cell phone that does not display the entire reason only a very tiny tiny snippet of a few words. I don't even remember what I posted or when at...
  5. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  6. after the last update it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    after the last update it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it...: After the last update (yesterday) it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it added back. what can I do? ca422c93-026e-4f22-8bf2-8907cacab7ae
  7. Can't remove follower?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't remove follower?: I remove unwanted followers by blocking and unblocking them but one stays no matter what. It began since I was on xbox one, now I use the series x and it's still there... so annoying.... how do I...
  8. My grandparents can't remove parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    My grandparents can't remove parental controls: I was trying to buy a gamepass earlier and my parental controls stopped me my grandparents tried buying it and it didn't work they want to remove the parental controls but they don't know how to...
  9. Can't remove child from family account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't remove child from family account: I am unable to remove my child from my family account. I know exactly where to go in the family account to right click and select "Remove from family group" it then indicates "Only the adult that...
  10. I can't remove my microsoft account from my ps5 account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't remove my microsoft account from my ps5 account: I have tried to sign in to my microsoft account but I apparently had put 2 step factor in and I'm trying to re-sign in but microsoft keeps giving me the run around about a xbox console but I don't...