I can't remote play my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer

Discus and support I can't remote play my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been trying to stream my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer but every time I do it says on my console that I stopped the remote play without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Why are you mad at me, Jul 27, 2023.

1. I can't remote play my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer

I've been trying to stream my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer but every time I do it says on my console that I stopped the remote play without even showing that I started it. Plus, it shows this on my computer. I've tried Restarting my Xbox, my pc, and the app. I've tried uninstalling the Xbox app and reinstalling it but to no avail. I also tried checking for updates but they're both up to date. I don't know what to do and this has been bugging me for over a week now. Any suggestions?

:)

Why are you mad at me, Jul 27, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Thanks for the additional information.

Would I know if your PC has a firewall or third-party antivirus installed?
    If affirmative, please disable such features temporarily before trying again.

Additionally, you can review if you’re enrolled in those programs by:

A. Following the steps for Windows insider here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/windowsinsider/leave-...

B. Downloading the Insider Hub app on the Microsoft store and looking for joined programs.

Lastly, about the internet source, may I know if it’s not an option for you sharing temporarily mobile data via a USB cable or Wi-Fi connection?
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello there, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having some trouble when trying to remote play on your console with your PC. Let’s try to sort this out.

However, before that, I would like to ask some questions:

Is the remote play feature working when you test it on another device, like a mobile phone?
    Is your PC enrolled in the Windows Insider or Xbox/Windows Gaming program?
    Did you try connecting your PC or Xbox temporarily to a different source of internet before trying to use the feature again?
  4. Why are you mad at m Win User

1) It works when I tried it on my mobile phone

2) How do I find out which it is enrolled in?

3) I don't have another internet source I could try it on
  5. Harvey Morris Win User

Does Xbox Remote Play Work Without a TV/Screen/Monitor?

Thanks for replying. I'm glad I can remote play without a monitor, since when its HDMI plugged in, the resolution is restricted to that of my 5-year-old 1080p TV!

With the Xbox One being listed on my account, I think I misworded it. I get weekly activity reports that say I play on Windows 10 and an Xbox One, which are both wrong. I don't actually own any Xbox Ones. All I have is a Series X and a 360, and I use Windows 11 on my PC.
  6. Volitar Prime Win User

My Xbox Series X is no longer selectable for Remote Play, it was two days ago. How do I get it back?

I changed my home console to my Series X as suggested (I normally have my older One X as "home" since my kids play it without me being logged into it, I am now down to only 1 out of 5 home transfers available). It did not help. It did not change anything. Only my One X is showing up in my console list for remote play. I have even done yet another system reset (keeping games and apps) after that.

Other things I have tried today (based on suggestions I've seen elsewhere for this issue), none of which have helped:

- Change to an alternative MAC address, reboot.

- Restore to original MAC address, reboot.

- Manually change system name, reboot.

- Change to a different network port, reboot.

- System reset and use my android tablet instead of my android phone during the setup.

I still think this issue is possibly something with my account on Microsoft's side but I am willing to try more suggestions in order to "trigger" the remote play/remote access option for my Series X again. Something is not triggering the remote play/remote access to my Series X on my account. If I go to xbox.com and search for a game that I own in the web version of the Xbox Store, I get the option to "Install to" but it only shows my old Xbox One X, my Series X is no longer listed their either (it was until two days ago). Also, some limited connection between the Windows Xbox app and my Series X does work. If I try to manually add my Series X through the Windows App, the Windows App tells me to turn on and log into my system. It can tell when I do this with my Series X and goes to the next pop up telling me to press enable on my system. If I had remote play disabled on my Series X, I do get the pop up screen on it telling me to enable remote play. I do this and run through the text (everything passes) but then the sequence stops here. The "press enable" pop up screen in the Windows app does not close on it's own. If I manually close it and restore the process it quickly and automatically progresses through the first two pop up screens (turn on/log in, and then the press enable one) and stops with a "something is wrong, try again later" screen. This shows that there is some amount of data passing between my Windows PC with the Xbox app and my Series X and is why I believe that this problem I am having is outside of my home and something on Microsoft's end with my account but I am willing to try more if there is something I missed and/or did out of sequence.
Thema:

1. I can't remote play my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer - Similar Threads - can't remote play

2. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  3. Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play: Last night I was trying to stream a game to my friends while using the remote play feature on my PC, however despite doing everything as recommended by Microsoft, the stream would simply not start...
  4. Can't Find Remote Play Settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Find Remote Play Settings: I want to change the streaming resolution to something like 480p for better performance, but I can't find the settings to do so. I go to Settings > Devices & Connections > Remote Features but I...
  5. Why can't I play division rivals and UT Champs on remote play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play division rivals and UT Champs on remote play?: Hello, I recently purchased EAFC 24 and some game modes like moments, UT Champs, and Division Rivals are not working on remote play. They would load but they don't accept my input from the...
  6. Remote Play/Cloud Streaming never stop loading on PC, can't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play/Cloud Streaming never stop loading on PC, can't play: Remote play works on my iPhone. I bought a new Windows 11 PC and I cannot get remote play to work. The Xbox app sees my console (it can even see when it's on or in standby) and it tries to...
  7. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  8. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  9. Xbox device portal can't access, ip remote access not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox device portal can't access, ip remote access not work: hi, i can't access my xbox's remote ip with xbox device portal, the xbox refuses to connect 1. the Enable Xbox Device Portal option its active 2.check the ip from cmd in windows and if it...
  10. Why can't i use my Samsung 2022 remote on my Xbx Series X?

in XboX Insiders
    Why can't i use my Samsung 2022 remote on my Xbx Series X?: I can't use my samsung remote to control my xbx Series X as i do with my Xbx One X. All settings including those of my tv are checked (Hdmi CEC etc), but still no responce. Any tips/tricks?...