I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account

Discus and support I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So a couple months ago I had some issues with my controller where it completely died and wouldn't charge/turn on. During the process of trying to send... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeathMajor01, Mar 27, 2024.

1. DeathMajor01
    DeathMajor01 Guest

So a couple months ago I had some issues with my controller where it completely died and wouldn't charge/turn on. During the process of trying to send in the controller for a repair it randomly was removed from "My Devices" on my Microsoft account and I can't re-register it. I tried again a couple months later (today) and it still won't let me register it. It just says, "We can't add your device right now. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us" But then I can't contact a representative for it. Anyone else have this issue?

:)

DeathMajor01, Mar 27, 2024
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello DeathMajor01,

Good day! Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to hear that you're having trouble registering your controller to your Microsoft account. I'd love to help you further however just to set your expectation, here at Microsoft Community forums we only have limited tools, and we don't have the option to access your account information.

To fix the issue, we highly suggest contacting Xbox Live Support directly for further assistance. They have more tools at their disposal that can verify the account and resolve such issues.

• You can reach them on this link: Contact us | Xbox Support.
    • Make sure to sign in to your Xbox account first. Then, click "Contact Us" and select a category.
    • Click Next and select View Contact Options. Select Skip.
    • Then, select the option "Let our virtual agent help you find a solution."
    • A chat pop-up will appear, and then type "Talk to Agent" in the chat window.
    • Select your issue and click Next. You'll then see an option to "Request a Callback" or "Chat with Live agent".

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any other questions or issues, please let me know. We are always happy to assist you.

Have a great day and happy gaming!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. FoxHounder 87 Win User

Help canceling Xbox One preview

If your console is registered to Preview under someone else's Microsoft account, then you can't do anything without any outsider support.

This is the situation I'm in at the moment - the previous owner of my xbox signed up for Preview and now I'm locked out of managing Preview on my console.

Once a console is registered for Preview with one account, it can't be re-registered to a second account.

I'm awaiting support from Microsoft to get my console un-registered. If I get anywhere, I'll let you know.
  4. tomfenoll Win User

Xbox Elite Controler is crazy

Can't register : We’re sorry. We are unable to process your request online at this time. Please contact Microsoft Support for
    assistance. (cIfw7KAjMEmvFUTj.19)

And can't contact them by phone, by tchat (only if i register my controler :s)
  5. pkvas Win User

Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller: Issues Registering/Getting Repair

As far as I know you can't register any controller I tried to register my elite controller but the serial number was the wrong length
  6. The_Last_DJ Win User

I can't register my Xbox Controller

Hello Shreyash S! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. If its not finding the serial number, I would suggest contacting Support.

aka.ms/contactxboxsupport
Thema:

1. I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - can't register controller

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  5. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  6. I can't register my Xbox Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't register my Xbox Controller: I purcahsed an Xbox Wireless Controller Model 1914 for my PC last month and I can't register it in my Microsoft Account, it says "We couldn't find the serial number". I have tried multiple times....
  7. Can't register developer account in Partner Center

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't register developer account in Partner Center: Hello, Currently I'm trying to register a developer account, but I keep running into a problem. After I fill in all of the information, and click save after inputting the billing information it...
  8. My elite controller series 2 can't be registered

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite controller series 2 can't be registered: My Xbox elite series 2 that I bought using Microsoft says it's not valid & to try again. My right bumper won't work & I've troubleshooted everything I can & need to use the warranty...
  9. Why can't I register my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I register my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller?: When I try to register the controller, it tells me to check the serial number and try again. (I've had the controller connected to my Xbox for a week and I've input it correctly several times)....
  10. Can't register Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't register Xbox controller: I've been trying to register my controller so I can update its warranty and get it serviced. Its up and left D-Pad buttons have detection issues. I'm moving out of country soon and I was planning...