I can't play Minecraft using the same Microsoft account I have always played Minecraft...

Discus and support I can't play Minecraft using the same Microsoft account I have always played Minecraft... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have confirmed that the account I am currently signed into has over 1800 Gamerscore for "Minecraft for Windows." I was aware that there was some... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jonathan Knudsen, Dec 30, 2023.

1. I can't play Minecraft using the same Microsoft account I have always played Minecraft...

I have confirmed that the account I am currently signed into has over 1800 Gamerscore for "Minecraft for Windows." I was aware that there was some account migration thing going on, but since I had always been playing through a Microsoft account, not a Mojang account, I presumed that I didn't need to do anything to be able to continue playing the game post migration. What have I missed here?

:)

Jonathan Knudsen, Dec 30, 2023
  2. Morpyx2288 Win User

I have 2 same Microsoft accounts available on Minecraft launcher.

Hello, sorry for the late reply.

As you said I somehow created another Microsoft account with the same email adress like the previous one that I used to play Minecraft and other games with.

I logged in with my Microsoft account in to the Minecraft website. I logged in with the same email adress, but I had different account name than I used to play Minecraft with and it shows me I don't have Minecraft. That is the issue I think, that I cannot log in to the previous account because it somehow overwrote it.
  3. MarvinaPerez Win User

I can't play Minecraft using the same Microsoft account I have always played Minecraft through without re-purchasing the game. Why not?

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem, researching on the internet I was able to find that in the forum, the independent advisor Gerardo, recommends the following steps for a solution.

As long as you log into the Microsoft Store, Xbox App, and Minecraft Launcher (the latter is free since it's just a Launcher) with the same Microsoft account that originally purchased the game, it should let you use the game, regardless of the PC you want to play it on. .

First of all, please verify that your game purchase appears as completed through your account's order history (modify the time filter so that all purchases appear):

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

If everything appears in order in the link that I shared with you previously, then please try synchronizing the licenses of your account using the following procedure:

1. Sign out of both the Microsoft Store and the Xbox app and Minecraft Launcher.

2. Perform a reset of the Xbox app, Microsoft Store, and Minecraft Launcher.

- Press the Windows + I keys on your keyboard to open Windows settings and click on "Applications".

- Find the application called "Xbox" and select it, then click on "Advanced Options" and then on "Reset" and confirm the process, do the same for the application called "Microsoft Store" and for "Minecraft Launcher".

3. Restart your PC.

4. Sign back into the Xbox app, the Microsoft Store, and the Minecraft Launcher. Make sure you do it with the same account and that they are not different.

Likewise, check that you are logging into the correct Microsoft account that originally purchased the game as there is a possibility that you are using a different one.

Information source (credits):
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/730aa5f1-50ae-4f30-9f38-e9464577e367

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  4. GazaCortero Win User

I have a Minecraft Pocket Edition on my phone, and logged into this account. But i can't play it on my Windows 10

Why i can't play using my Microsoft account on my minecraft pocket edition
  5. Harry Cope Win User

Minecraft: 2 Xbox accounts under one email?

Hi I have the exact same problem where my Xbox account name says one thing and says I have paid for Minecraft but when I click on th manage profile button it takes me to a different Minecraft account where is says that I do not have Minecraft java edition and so can't play it. The only reason I was able to play on that pc was because it automatically signed me in when I sign in on another device using the email address used for my Minecraft account it takes me to the profile without Minecraft on it.
  6. WPAK Win User

Minecraft Earth skin.

Hi there,

just to be sure you used the same Microsoft Account for the signup for Minecraft Earth as the one you use to play Minecraft with?
Thema:

I can't play Minecraft using the same Microsoft account I have always played Minecraft...

1. I can't play Minecraft using the same Microsoft account I have always played Minecraft... - Similar Threads - can't play Minecraft

2. I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...: I am trying to play Minecraft and it said before "you don't have gold/core" so I get it and now it says that I don't own the game. Meanwhile, I do. I need some clarification because I refuse to...
  3. Can't play multiplayer in Minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't play multiplayer in Minecraft: I'm on Windows 10 trying to play Minecraft Java Edition, but the "Multiplayer" button is greyed out for me with the message "Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings"....
  4. Why can't I play Minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play Minecraft?: I received an email on March 17th, 2020 telling me my mojang account (with minecraft purchased) was migrated to microsoft. And yet I cannot access Minecraft for some reason. I signed in with my...
  5. I can't play with friends in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play with friends in Minecraft: I bought Minecraft for Nintendo switch and I want to play and it tells me you can't join cross-platform games if you don't have a Microsoft account and a Nintendo account log in with both accounts...
  6. Can't sign into micrsoft account to play Minecraft on PS4 with plus package despite it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign into micrsoft account to play Minecraft on PS4 with plus package despite it...: Hi I have brought playstation plus and can play all the game online apart from Minecraft as it asks me to sign into my Microsoft account but then does not bring me to the sign in page it circles...
  7. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  8. Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...: Hello, lately I've been trying to get on the multiplayer mode on Minecraft. I've found out that my account was in a Microsoft family, but I left it and changed all my settings including the...
  9. I can't play on my Minecraft Realms due to my profile name

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play on my Minecraft Realms due to my profile name: Hello! I tried to log into my Minecraft Realms, but it doesn't appear for me. I also noticed that my nickname is different from what it was and my friend can access my Realms normally and sees...
  10. Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online: My microsoft account linked to my PSN account was accidentally deleted awhile ago and I haven been able to play minecraft online for a long time and there's no way to link a new one I don't know...