I cant open the xbox app. Error 0x80070422

Discus and support I cant open the xbox app. Error 0x80070422 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; There are no error message but only a code. It's 0x80070422. Tried updating windows, reinstalling xbox app, and restarting. Nothing works. I'm in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Undead Khris, May 5, 2024.

1. Undead Khris
    Undead Khris Guest

There are no error message but only a code. It's 0x80070422. Tried updating windows, reinstalling xbox app, and restarting. Nothing works. I'm in windows 10. This error message only pops up each time i try to open the xbox app.

:)

Undead Khris, May 5, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Undead, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

First, check your time settings, and set it to automatic.

Press the Windows Key + X > Settings > Time & language > Date & time > Enable "Set Timezone Automatically" and "Set Time Automatically".

Afterward, make sure your Windows is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...eshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd

Then, follow these steps, this should fix the issue:

Please, type in your Windows search bar "Windows PowerShell" then right-click on this icon
    [​IMG]
    and select "Run as Administrator".

Once the terminal Window is open, copy the command below and paste it on the Window, then press ENTER. (Select the Text and press CTRL Key + C then switch to the terminal Window and press CTRL Key + V)

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

[​IMG]

Once it's complete, restart your PC and launch the app again.

I hope this helps.
  3. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Error while trying to install Xbox app

4. Ariel Acu Win User

I Can't launch XBOX on windows 10

Hi Gyzmo du78,

There are several possible reasons as to why you can't sign in to the Xbox app on Windows 10. The error code (0x409) 0x80070422 indicates that some of the services the Xbox App uses have not been enabled, or not working properly.
    To resolve your issue, I suggest that you follow the solution provided on this
    link

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional help.
  5. KracALakin1 Win User

Xbox App Windows 10 Error Code: 0x409 and 0x80070422

For me, Neither Xbox App or Xbox App (Beta) Is not allowing me to sign in, same code 0x409 and 0x80070422.
  6. XBF Meryem R Win User

Error code 0x80070424 - Can not fix it, help please!

Thema:

1. I cant open the xbox app. Error 0x80070422 - Similar Threads - cant open app

2. Xbox app crashes on startup, and cant open game pages on microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app crashes on startup, and cant open game pages on microsoft store: Hello! I've had this problem for 3 days now, when I try to open a games page on the Microsoft Store it crashes, the Xbox app also crashes when I try to launch it Here are the Crash error that i...
  3. why is my xbox one s super laggy and cant open game or apps

in XBoX Accessibility
    why is my xbox one s super laggy and cant open game or apps: so i have factory reset my xbox multiple times and every time i log in the ui is super laggy and buggy and i cant run games 7e72f7ae-d64c-4b17-a7cb-e8757145db36
  4. fix to: This app cant open. there is a problem with minecraft launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fix to: This app cant open. there is a problem with minecraft launcher: recently i got a new computer, i used my old harddisk. i deleted minecraft, and played on badlion client. but when i tried to make a singleplayer world and enter it, it gave me an error. thus i...
  5. Cant open xbox app and cant install multiple apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant open xbox app and cant install multiple apps: So 1 year ago this happend and i asked here but all didnt work then becausa the problem was just for gaming and services and i just wanted play minecraft i install the old launcher so now i get...
  6. Xbox app cant open the specified file

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app cant open the specified file: I cant open the games i have on the xbox app on windows 11 I get the error of windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. 39d64256-ffef-47ad-a1e8-420c291bd362
  7. How can I fix the problem/error code "this app (xbox app) cant open"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I fix the problem/error code "this app (xbox app) cant open": Im trying to play a game that I need to install on the xbox app, however when I try to open the app the store tells me "this app wont open" Then I try to repair and reset the store and xbox app,...
  8. Cant open or Update Forza Horizon 5 on xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant open or Update Forza Horizon 5 on xbox app: After the series 6 update launched on 31st March, I am not able to open the Forza horizon 5 and there is no option to update it, it's been 2 days since I tried everything mostly, but nothing is...
  9. Microsoft store apps say "This app cant open"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store apps say "This app cant open": when I try to launch a game from the Microsoft store or the Xbox app it says "this app cant open. I've reset and repaired the store and it still wont open. 8c6f92a8-e33d-4621-99a7-01dedd874e12
  10. This app cant open.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    This app cant open.: so i wanted to play i am fish and when iam clicking play it says This app cant open. please help [img] 681aef10-551f-4add-b7ca-03f097eb43ef