I can't move the location of the Xbox App to my new M.2 SSD from my HDD

Discus and support I can't move the location of the Xbox App to my new M.2 SSD from my HDD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10 still. I recently installed a new M.2 SSD in my PC and transferred all my data from my old HDD and SSD. The only problem I'm having... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CMP12, Dec 17, 2023.

1. CMP12
    CMP12 Guest

I'm on Windows 10 still.

I recently installed a new M.2 SSD in my PC and transferred all my data from my old HDD and SSD. The only problem I'm having is getting the Xbox App installed to the new location.

Games are no problem to move and install to the new drive, it's just the app itself. If I try to move the app in Apps & features. I get error code 0x80080203. If I boot the PC without my old HDD, I can't separately install the app either. I get error code 0x80073D0D if I try to do it.

I'm at a loss of what to do. I could keep the old HDD in the PC, but I'd prefer to retire it and keep everything on my new M.2 SSD.

:)

CMP12, Dec 17, 2023
  2. Adam Sheetz Win User

Hi CMP12, my name is Adam.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble moving the Xbox app to your new M.2 SSD. Based on the error codes you’ve mentioned, it seems like there might be some issues with the app installation. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Reset the Xbox app: This will clear the app’s cache and reset it to its default settings. To do this, open the Settings app, go to Apps & features, find the Xbox app, click on it, and select Advanced options. Then click on Reset.

2. Reinstall the Xbox app: If resetting the app doesn’t work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. To do this, open the Settings app, go to Apps & features, find the Xbox app, click on it, and select Uninstall. Then go to the Microsoft Store, search for the Xbox app, and click on Install.

3. Check your Microsoft account settings: Make sure your Microsoft account is set up correctly and that your region and language settings are correct. To do this, go to the Microsoft account website and sign in. Then go to Your info and check your settings.

4. Check your Windows updates: Make sure your Windows 10 is up to date. To do this, open the Settings app, go to Update & Security, and click on Check for updates.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
    Adam.
  3. Andrew Warner1 Win User

Mouse lag in some gamepass games

I am going to try moving the install location. I noticed that Halo is on a m.2 while the others are on a regular ssd. my computer has 2 x m.2's and 2 regular ssd, so I will try to put it on one of the other drives see if that helps out.

Yeah that did not help at all, but was worth a shot
  4. MrSnabe Win User

Ark Closes on Start Up Xbox Game pass

Like I said before I tried to move the game or any other app from my HDD to my SSD (or the hdd where Windows is installed) and everything work.

The big problem i have now is that my ssd is not a 1T storage and i cant move games like Ark ;)
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Microsoft Windows/Xbox games "can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected." - this after moving my 'internal' D: drive to an external enclosure

Hello Diesel_X,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on my understanding, the issue started after moving the 8TB M.2 SSD from internal drive to external drive and putting back the 1TB M.2 SSD that comes with the device making it your internal drive. Let us see what we can do to help.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Did you remove 1TB M.2 SSD when you decided to move internally the 8TB M.2 SSD in your device or both was installed in your computer?
    2. What was the disk letter assignment for 1TB M.2 SSD when it was connected to your device?
    3. What was the default drive path location selected for your Xbox games and apps?
    4. When moving externally the 8TB M.2 SSD, did you mean you installed back 1TB M.2 SSD and set it as your internal drive?
    5. For games that launch after moving your 8TB M.2 SSD and got an error, did you install it through your 1TB M.2 before?
    6. Are you able to launch your Windows application just fine after moving the 8TB M.2 SSD externally?

It is possible that due to the changes with your drive, your device is able to detect the external drive which is your 8TB M.2 SSD and not able to detect the 1TB M.2 SSD which become your internal drive since your internal drive before was moved externally.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. MrSnabe Win User

Ark Closes on Start Up Xbox Game pass

Hi again,

I found a solution.

So I have a 1 HDD and 1 SSH, the ssd have windows on it. So I contacted a technician from Microsoft but he didn't dinf anything.

First I moved the xbox beta app from my hdd to my ssd and surprise everything works fine now :)

After this I moved an other game to my sdd and can launch it.

But now the problem is that I cant Ark on my ssd because I dont have 80 GB to remove :'(

So my new question is : Is there a solution to this [Mod Removed- Profanity]
Thema:

1. I can't move the location of the Xbox App to my new M.2 SSD from my HDD - Similar Threads - can't move location

2. I can't make a move to the launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't make a move to the launcher: Hi, I recently had a problem after reinstalling windows, logging into my launcher is not performed due to this error 0x89235107, although I do not want to log in via xbox...
  3. What do I do when my controller turns on but I can't move or anything and I tried to pair...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on but I can't move or anything and I tried to pair...: I was sitting watching YouTube and I have wireless headphones so my controller usually turns off. When I turned it back on I couldn't move so I turned my xbox off and tried to turn it on through...
  4. On the Xbox Console, we are sitting on the rock, can't move or reset.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox Console, we are sitting on the rock, can't move or reset.: Hi all, On the Xbox Console, we are sitting on the rock and can't move anymore. Please note that Anna options or Rewind's options won't work. I was reading some posts to reset the game with the...
  5. I can't move Minecraft from C to D

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't move Minecraft from C to D: If someone could help me it would be much appreciated. I have a Windows 11 and it doesn't let me move my Minecraft Launcher from C to D. I've tried it from the settings and it just gives me an...
  6. Why can't I shoot with my mouse on dayz. keyboard moves the player fine not had this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I shoot with my mouse on dayz. keyboard moves the player fine not had this...: Help with getting mouse to shoot and aim in dayz 242baeb4-e508-4abe-92ee-de034bfe9c54
  7. I can't move and do anything!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't move and do anything!: I just install minecraft windows 10, enter the game, log with my Microsoft acount, create a new world, but when i tried to move and open the inventory, nothing works, i pressed everything in my...
  8. I can't move my game from my PC storage into my SSD. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't move my game from my PC storage into my SSD. How do I fix this?: The game I tried to move was Sea of Thieves. It worked for a little bit but then an error popped up . The error code was "0x80070005" The words that showed up were "The operation did not complete...
  9. My Xbox One Menu is Broken, can't move, keep jumping back

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One Menu is Broken, can't move, keep jumping back: When I go to my main screen and go to the Xbox one menu it jumps around and can't move. I turned off my Xbox, I unplugged my Xbox and Reset my Xbox. Can someone help. I don't know how to fix it....
  10. Can't install PC game after move operation failed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install PC game after move operation failed: Last week I successfully installed Mount & Blade: Bannerlord from the Store. Shortly after, I was running out of space in drive C, so I moved some games to another drive. Bannerlord failed during...