I can't log into Minecraft java ed post-migration

Discus and support I can't log into Minecraft java ed post-migration in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I haven't played Minecraft Java edition on my PC in a while and when I try to play today it says I can't login using the old mojang account anymore and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mike Buckman, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Mike Buckman
    Mike Buckman Guest

I haven't played Minecraft Java edition on my PC in a while and when I try to play today it says I can't login using the old mojang account anymore and I have to create a Microsoft.com account. So I created an account and logged in, but instead of playing the game it's saying I need to Buy the game. I don't want to have to buy this game a second time, so I searched on minecraft.net and found this article:

Post-Migration Process FAQ

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/19615552270221

It says I won't be able to keep my Java profile name and skins which is fine with me, but it says I can still complete the following post-migration process before December 18, 2023, which is tomorrow.

The post-migration steps say to login with the old mojang email address, verify the mojang email address, get a code, then enter my microsoft.com email address. That's easy enough, but I can't even get past the first step:

Log-in with your Mojang account email address here.

https://minecraft.net/login

I get this error:

This Mojang account has been disabled. Please log in with your Microsoft account using the green "Sign in with Microsoft" button above.

I submitted a help request online through minecraft.net and on microsoft.com and from microsoft.com I talked to someone on the phone for almost an hour without any help. I don't want to wait too long for a response because tomorrow is the last day for the post-migration process. Is there anything else I can do?

:)

Mike Buckman, Dec 18, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Mike,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with Minecraft Java Edition. We understand that you are unable to log in with your old Mojang account and complete the post-migration process before the deadline. Based on your description, it seems like you’re unable to log in using your Mojang account and are being prompted to buy the game again.

Please follow these steps to try to fix the problem:
    - Go to Recover your account (live.com) and select "I forgot my password".
    - Enter your Microsoft account email address and complete the captcha verification.
    - Choose a way to receive a security code, either by email or phone.
    - Enter the code and create a new password for your Microsoft account.
    - Go to https://minecraft.net/login and click on "Sign in with Microsoft".
    - Enter your Microsoft account email address and the new password you just created.
    - You should be able to access your Minecraft Java Edition account and complete the post-migration process.

If this solution doesn’t work, you can try logging in to the Minecraft Launcher with your Microsoft account instead of your Mojang account. You can also try completing the post-migration process before December 18, 2023, as mentioned in the Post-Migration Process FAQ.

If you’re still experiencing issues, I recommend reaching out to Xbox Live Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or escalate the issue to their engineering team for further investigation. You can reach them on this link: Contact us | Xbox Support. Click on "Contact Us" to chat with Live Support or request a callback.

I hope this helps! Feel free to ask back any questions and please let me know how it goes. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Mike Buckman Win User

Thank you for your response. I was able to reset my microsoft password and then sign in with it on minecraft.net, but I was not able to access my Minecraft java account, it still only gave me the option to Buy it. The expiration date of the post-migration process is today and it's currently 11:39pm so I doubt this will be resolved in time. I really enjoyed Minecraft when I played it and I was looking forward to playing again, but I'm not buying it twice. Thanks for your help, I'm not sure what the issue actually was but I'm guessing my mojang account got deleted before I was able to migrate.
  4. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Mike,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you’re experiencing with your Minecraft Java account. It’s understandable that you’re frustrated, especially given the timing of the post-migration process. Since you were still asked to buy the game, this means that the license of the game is not detected on the account you are currently using. To fix the issue, we highly suggest submitting a ticket to Mojang Support so they can help you locate the license of the game and help you fix the issue the soonest possible.

You can reach them on this link: Home | Minecraft Help

Sincerely,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Help with logging into Minecraft java account that goes to minecraft bedrock account when logged in with the same email

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble logging into your Minecraft Java account. It sounds like there may be some confusion with your email address and account information.

For us to be on the same page, may we know when did you migrated your Minecraft account to Microsoft account?

We would like to show you a timeline of the migration process so you will be aware of what could have happened to your Minecraft Java:

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

6. Aya Aljanabi Win User

Mojang Post-Migration Error

I still have the Java edition, not the Bedrock edition, it works and hasn't caused any issues. I bought the game very recently, so there shouldn't be any problems.

I don't know what account is tied right now to my Minecraft launchers, I need help in getting one because I need to know my log in information. My original won't even sign in. I have been signing in after May with no problem.

My predicament is relatively new in which I can't sign in anymore. There shouldn't be any reason for me to buy the game again when it has been not even a full year of me owning it.

The post-migration process shouldn't have ended. On the Minecraft website, they state I have until December 18th to get it done.

As said in the Minecraft post-migration process FAQ, "While you won’t be able to keep your skins, progress, or Java profile name, you can complete the following post-migration process before December 18, 2023 to experience Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC with a Microsoft account," and, "Receive an email confirming that we’ve granted your Microsoft account an entitlement to Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft: Bedrock Edition."
Thema:

1. I can't log into Minecraft java ed post-migration - Similar Threads - can't log Minecraft

2. I can't log into my ps5 account on minecraft

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't log into my ps5 account on minecraft: When I try to log in using the two options for my account presented on my playstation for minecraft, my Microsoft automatically connects me to my Xbox profile instead of my playstation account...
  3. I can't log into Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log into Minecraft: Once I open the Minecraft launcher it asks me login to my Microsoft account I have already migrated before so that's not the issue I click on Microsoft Login and it doesn't load I just have an...
  4. Can't log into Minecraft due to faulty Xbox app.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't log into Minecraft due to faulty Xbox app.: When I try to log into Minecraft, I get error code: Bat, which apparently means I have to log into the Xbox app. When I download the Xbox app, it looks like it doesn't load properly, only showing...
  5. Can't Log into Minecraft using my Microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Log into Minecraft using my Microsoft account.: I recently got signed out of my Minecraft launcher, and when I tried to sign back in, it says I got my password wrong, even though I use the same password to sign into Microsoft Store. I received...
  6. Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns...: Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns to the loading screen and I repeat this over and over again, the problem is always the same?...
  7. I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft: Minecraft now requires a Microsoft sign in. I've migrated my account from Mojang already, but I don't remember my password and Microsoft won't send me an email to reset it when I follow all the...
  8. I can't log into the minecraft launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log into the minecraft launcher: I've tried re-installing, restarting my PC, repairing and resetting but it constantly loads without taking me into the sign-in screen. The legacy launcher download works just fine but I want to...
  9. Microsoft Account can't log into Minecraft Launcher and minecraft.net

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Account can't log into Minecraft Launcher and minecraft.net: Hello! I can't login to Minecraft with my Microsoft account since my last Windows update, and Minecraft Zendesk support has redirected me to Microsoft support: "Sign in with Microsoft" returns...
  10. How to fix the error: 0x89235107 : Forest | Can't log in on the Minecraft Launcher | PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix the error: 0x89235107 : Forest | Can't log in on the Minecraft Launcher | PC: I was installing some mods for the first time after I screwed up, I decided to erase the AppData files of Minecraft to start fresh (.minecraft folder), after that, I opened the launcher but I...