I cant link my steam account to my xbox account since it is linked to an old lost account

Discus and support I cant link my steam account to my xbox account since it is linked to an old lost account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I want to play the master chief collection and when I first played it a few years ago I made an account and linked my steam to it. since that time I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ThatOddFerret1, Jun 25, 2023.

1. I cant link my steam account to my xbox account since it is linked to an old lost account

I want to play the master chief collection and when I first played it a few years ago I made an account and linked my steam to it. since that time I have made a new account since I couldnt remember the old xbox account details and now I cant link my steam account to my current account when I try it just says something went wrong. Is there any way for me to unlink my old account.

:)

ThatOddFerret1, Jun 25, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

I cant link my steam account to my xbox account since it is linked to an old lost account

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Are you able to go into the game?

If so try:

Go into a lobby >click on your name> sign out
  3. DeniqL Win User

Okay we are currently receiving multiple reports regarding this particular suscription issue, however, no official announcements have been made by Microsoft .In the meantime we can just perform troubleshooting steps.

Have you tried unlinking it with all different methods?

https://support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-ac...
  4. ThatOddFerret1 Win User

I am logged into my current account on the game and able to play but everytime I launch the game it asks me to link my account to steam and then says something went wrong.
  5. Janet_C Win User

İ cant link my steam account to my xbox account

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community just like you.

I'm happy to help you today.

You can try to do it in the following ways:

- From Game Bar

Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar.

Select Settings > Accounts.

Sign in to the Xbox network (most linked accounts require it), choose a social network from the list, press Link and then follow the prompts.

- From the Xbox app for PC

Press the Start button and then choose Xbox from the list.

Select Profile & settings in the upper-right corner (it's your gamerpic if you're already signed in), and then choose Settings > Account.

Sign in to the Xbox network, choose a social network from the list, press Link, and then follow the prompts.

- From the mobile app

Launch the Xbox mobile app on your device and tap on the account gamerpic to show your profile.

Tap Link social accounts.

From here, clicking each option will launch your default browser to the service login page for each link you wish to add.

If neither way works, please wait 24 to 48 hours and try to link again.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  6. Mauro_henriques Win User

My account was hacked they changed the email of my xbox account that was associated with my steam

Sorry I did not explain myself well.

I was hacked on the microsoft account, microsoft could not recover my account but just stoped it so no one uses it anymore.

I used to play sea of thieves on microsoft, the account was linked to steam but I just had the game on ms

Since I lost the acess to the ms account I bought the sea of thieves in steam because the account was linked and in that case I would get my data of the game back.

But now I openned the game and is asking me to login on the ms account but ai lost it because is in another email, so how can I do that?
Thema:

1. I cant link my steam account to my xbox account since it is linked to an old lost account - Similar Threads - cant link steam

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant I link the accounts?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I link the accounts?: I just created a new xbox account and new epic games account about an hour ago. I have a fortnite gift card that I'm trying to redeem but I need to select xbox under the select what you play on...
  4. Cant change account linked to Playstation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change account linked to Playstation: My Microsoft account that was linked with my Playstation one got hacked and i ended up just creating a new one but i cant login with the new account because i cant unlink my previous one....
  5. Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic...: Maybe some lovely smart people can help me wrap my brain around this. It doesn't seem like it should be so confusing and hard to do but it is. I have been in contact with epic games support for...
  6. Why cant I stream to Twitch from my Xbox even though it is showing them as linked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I stream to Twitch from my Xbox even though it is showing them as linked?: I have been trying to stream from my Xbox to Twitch with no success. I went to Capture & share and clicked live streaming. I followed the instructions to link Twitch and Xbox. As soon as I link...
  7. Cant start stream on Xbox with twitch, endless loop of linking my twitch account

in XboX Insiders
    Cant start stream on Xbox with twitch, endless loop of linking my twitch account: Overall the problem is that it says my accounts are linked but when I go to stream it pops up saying I need to link my account, I do what it says then boom it pops up again and again and again. I...
  8. Why cant I change the Microsoft account linked to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant I change the Microsoft account linked to my xbox account: Please respond, I would like to know why I couldn't change my xbox accounts Microsoft account to my new Microsoft account. 5e85eac8-5fa4-4bbb-9b80-b24b64f841e7
  9. Steam - Xbox cant link them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Steam - Xbox cant link them: I cant link xbox acount with steam. Everytime i do it , it says Try again soon. We cant link right now. 3532e42a-dde5-4aed-809a-215c0322c417
  10. İ cant link my steam account to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    İ cant link my steam account to my xbox account: İm trying to link my steam account to my xbox account and its not working it just says sisu.xboxlive.com not found dd832334-3d0b-4d8e-8c46-9e1098d05998