I can't launch games on Microsoft Store downloaded for free with xbox game pass

Discus and support I can't launch games on Microsoft Store downloaded for free with xbox game pass in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I wanted to try xbox game pass so i downloaded Sea of thieves but after i downloaded it game after 2 sec shuts down and microsoft store shows statement... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cebulasmutna, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Cebulasmutna
    Cebulasmutna Guest

I wanted to try xbox game pass so i downloaded Sea of thieves but after i downloaded it game after 2 sec shuts down and microsoft store shows statement "Can't launch this game for more information about app Sea of thieves visit Microsoft Store" Store tells
    me that this app is broken and repair is needed after reinstalation problem stays. I downloaded another game witch is free with xbox game pass and i got the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix it?

:)

Cebulasmutna, Apr 23, 2018
  2. Pompatus
    Pompatus Guest
    I don't get it

I did this too and talked with Customer Support. They said you can't play on PC with Game Pass. Even though a Sea of Thieves ad pops up at my Windows 10 start button for the Microsoft Store, and clearly says "Play Free with Game Pass" with $59.99 crossed
    out. Why would this pop up on my Windows 10 PC when you can't play on PC with Game Pass? It's very misleading. Plus, now that I've activated my two-week trial on Game Pass, it's going to be wasted. They can't pause it ... I asked.

Pompatus, Apr 23, 2018
  3. Shoya00
    Shoya00 Guest
    Xbox Game Pass

hi,

i got a code for Xbox Game Pass 1 Month and I redeemed the code and it was redeemed successfully but when I go on Microsoft Store, the games that are free with Game Pass are still asking me to buy the game or Join Xbox Game Pass.

any idea how i check if i do have Xbox game pass ?

thanks

Shoya00, Apr 23, 2018
  4. I can't launch games on Microsoft Store downloaded for free with xbox game pass

Hi there!

For using Game Pass games that are online you would also need a Gold subscription for Xbox Live. Sea of Thieves is one of those games for sure.

To be sure can you send us a photo of the error messages you are seeing?

Also if you check your subscriptions do you have Gold?

Post back and let us know!

Mister Getafix, Apr 24, 2018
  5. Cebulasmutna
    Cebulasmutna Guest
    Ok i don't have xbox live gold subscription but i don't think it is needed, my friends can play without it. I should have written that i'm trying to launch it on PC. Here is my error message in Polish that means "Can't launch this app for more information
    about app Sea of thieves visit Microsoft Store"

I can't launch games on Microsoft Store downloaded for free with xbox game pass [​IMG]

[Translated]

[Translated]

Cebulasmutna, Apr 24, 2018
  6. Thank you for that info!

To be sure we have covered all our bases, have you uninstalled the game and fully reinstalled it at this time?

Let's also have you follow all of the steps on the
    Windows 10 Game crashing guide.

Post back and let us know how that goes!

Mister Getafix, Apr 25, 2018
  7. Cebulasmutna
    Cebulasmutna Guest
    yes i reinstalled it several times , also I have done all the things from Windows 10 Game crashing guide. nothing worked. I downloaded other games
    from microsoft store and normal apps works fine but if game is for free with xbox game pass i can download it but it won't launch

Cebulasmutna, Apr 26, 2018
  8. I can't launch games on Microsoft Store downloaded for free with xbox game pass

Can you send us a few example videos of this happening with multiple Game Pass games so we can begin investigating a bit more?

Mister Getafix, Nov 1, 2018
  9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

PC Xbox Game Pass sign in loop.

If you own the xbox game pass download Xbox (beta) app from Microsoft Store and launch games with it
  10. Cebulasmutna Win User

yes i reinstalled it several times , also I have done all the things from Windows 10 Game crashing guide. nothing worked. I downloaded other games
    from microsoft store and normal apps works fine but if game is for free with xbox game pass i can download it but it won't launch
  11. Mister Getafix Win User

Hi there!

For using Game Pass games that are online you would also need a Gold subscription for Xbox Live. Sea of Thieves is one of those games for sure.

Ok i don't have xbox live gold subscription but i don't think it is needed, my friends can play without it. I should have written that i'm trying to launch it on PC. Here is my error message in Polish that means "Can't launch this app for more information

[​IMG]

[Translated]

This app can not be opened

for more information about the Sea or thieves app, visit the store windows in the store
    [Translated]
    Thank you for that info!

To be sure we have covered all our bases, have you uninstalled the game and fully reinstalled it at this time?

Let's also have you follow all of the steps on the
    Windows 10 Game crashing guide.

Post back and let us know how that goes!
  12. Cebulasmutna Win User

Hi there!

[​IMG]

[Translated]

This app can not be opened

for more information about the Sea or thieves app, visit the store windows in the store
    [Translated]
  13. Mister Getafix Win User

Can you send us a few example videos of this happening with multiple Game Pass games so we can begin investigating a bit more?
Thema:

1. I can't launch games on Microsoft Store downloaded for free with xbox game pass - Similar Threads - can't launch games

2. I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc: I coppied Lies of P from my old pc and the launcher verifies only 11.4 gigs then says the game is ready to launch when I launch the game it says : some game files are missing or corrupted . and...
  3. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  4. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  5. My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.: My Xbox One X has been laggy, slow and can barely handle FORTNITE. I have done a reset of my system including rebooting it and now it seems worse than before. Games it won't launch are the...
  6. Can't launch Xbox Gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch Xbox Gamepass games: After the Windows update, I tried launching Football Manager 2024 and Totally Accurate Table Simulator and both games didn't work they gave me the same error. I tried resetting Microsoft and Xbox...
  7. Can't launch my game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch my game: Every time I try to launch my newely installed game (call of duty warzone) it tells me that it needs an update then it gives me the error 0x8b050033 this has been heppening for two days now, I've...
  8. Can't Launch PC Game Pass games from any other drives other than my C: drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Launch PC Game Pass games from any other drives other than my C: drive.: So I'm trying to play the new Forza Motorsport (which is 124GB), I've installed it to my 2TB D: drive where I store most of the big games I play, where it opens the launching game page, says...
  9. Can't Launch Games on PC Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Launch Games on PC Game Pass.: So I cannot launch games from the PC Game Pass. I'm on a Windows 11 PC. Yes, my game pass is current. I click the play button in the most recent list and click the play button on the game page...
  10. Can't launch newly downloaded Back4Blood from Game Pass. Popup says 'Easy anticheat unknown...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch newly downloaded Back4Blood from Game Pass. Popup says 'Easy anticheat unknown...: I'm trying to launch my new downloaded Back4Blood game from Game Pass. A screen pop ups saying it's Easy Anti-Cheat and it seems it's 'Initalizing'. Unfortunately, a window pop ops and says 'easy...