I can't join my friends minecraft world but I can join public server's.

Discus and support I can't join my friends minecraft world but I can join public server's. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to join my friends minecraft world it says connecting to multiplayer game and then after a few minutes it says connection timed out. Can't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jonah Salthammer, Jul 22, 2023.

1. I can't join my friends minecraft world but I can join public server's.

When I try to join my friends minecraft world it says connecting to multiplayer game and then after a few minutes it says connection timed out. Can't connect to world. I can join public servers fine. I used to be able to join it but now I can't. I have done a speed test it says very fast. I have tried restarting my laptop too. I have switched from wired to wireless Internet connection and back nothing works.

Minecraft is the most popular game ever it should not be this hard to join a friends world.

:)

Jonah Salthammer, Jul 22, 2023
  2. Belle B Win User

Hi Jonah

Sorry to hear about that, however, do you have a companion app installed? If none, try to download it from here: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-co...

Once done, sign in as usual, then click the cogwheel icon for Settings > Network > Kindly provide the results here.

If it's all good, try to check if you have any pending Windows updates and optional updates as well. You can also check your Microsoft Store app, click Library > Get Updates
  3. Marcusphone7 Win User

Are the Minecraft Xbox 360 Mini Game servers still functional?

Update: Microsoft's Minecraft support team didn't help much. To test this out, my and my friend set up a public mini game server, with my friend making a public Battle server. I joined from the "Join" tab, and it came up with the annoying "The connection to the server was lost. Exiting to main menu" error. My friend then disabled the option "Public Game." Then, if you join from the "Friends" tab it works just fine,
  4. AngeloFerrara2 Win User

Xbox One Help

Guys why i can't join in world of my friends on Minecraft?
  5. AngeloFerrara2 Win User

Xbox One Help

Guys why i can't join in world of my friends on Minecraft?
  6. Texas Pyle Win User

Unable to Connect in Minecraft

I am having the same problem, however, for me, it is my friend who is on the Xbox and I am on the Windows 10 version. He cant join the world that I created anymore. He can, however, join me if I create a new world and I can join any of his old
    worlds. I Have a theory on what the problem is. We were playing the game fine one afternoon and we both had to get off for a bit to do other things. When I came back it said that my game was updated and some bugs were fixed. From then on my friend can't
    join any previous worlds I created but he can join new ones. You will encounter a similar problem on the java edition of Minecraft if you try to connect to a server with a wrong client version. It appears as if the clients updated but the world it's self
    did not which is why my friend can't join. That is my theory at least. I did what you said above and it and it still doesn't work.
Thema:

1. I can't join my friends minecraft world but I can join public server's. - Similar Threads - can't join friends

2. did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...: did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each other f5fed898-2f87-4e6a-9f9a-116c71c17ba6
  3. I can't join my friends world on mc from pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't join my friends world on mc from pc: I can't join my friends world on minecraft bedrock. It says they aren't online right now and on the xbox app the join game and join party buttons are grayed out. All the settings are on for me to...
  4. Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?: I bought the digital version of black ops 2 and I can't join my friends online game sessions for black ops 2 zombies. I've read countless post with people with the same exact issue and no one can...
  5. Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now

in XboX Insiders
    Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now: Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been facing while playing Forza Horizon through GeForce Now. Despite trying various fixes, I'm stuck and could...
  6. How come I can't join my boys games like on roblox I can join other friends but not my kids...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come I can't join my boys games like on roblox I can join other friends but not my kids...: How come I can't join my boys games like on roblox I can join other friends but not my kids and it was working a week ago eb69ba5e-fad3-437a-85f3-2f9d22a10e0c
  7. My daughter can't create or join group chats with her friends on the Xbox App.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My daughter can't create or join group chats with her friends on the Xbox App.: Hello, My daughter has started using her own Xbox profile (rather than mine) and she wants to join some of group chats she was part of on my account. However she can't. I've been through all the...
  8. Why can't I join my ps4 friends in minecraft while I'm on nintendo?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I join my ps4 friends in minecraft while I'm on nintendo?: im on nintendo with a microsoft account and nintendo live. why cant i join my friends that play on a ps4, and dont have a microsoft account? I don't have realms, and neither do my friends on ps4....
  9. I can't joined the world of my friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't joined the world of my friends: Hello my name is Oscar Daporta and I have a problem of connexion I can't joined the world of my friends and my friends can't joined my world When I trie to go in the world of my friends, it's talk...
  10. How do I fix it when my friend can't join my world on minecraft via Cross platform? Error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix it when my friend can't join my world on minecraft via Cross platform? Error...: I am on Windows Minecraft Bedrock, And my friend is on Switch Bedrock Minecraft. Whenever they try to join they are greeted with this error message. My friend Who is on playstation is able to join...