I can't install Xbox app on Windows 11

Discus and support I can't install Xbox app on Windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've just reinstalled Windows 11 on my PC. All updates, drivers etc installed OK. When I opened the Microsoft Store it updates all the apps but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Neil Phillips2, Dec 3, 2023.

1. I can't install Xbox app on Windows 11

Hi, I've just reinstalled Windows 11 on my PC. All updates, drivers etc installed OK. When I opened the Microsoft Store it updates all the apps but then seems to get stuck on the Xbox app and the Game Bar app. It's been stuck like this overnight with no sign of any movement in the downloads. Anyone have any ideas?

:)

Neil Phillips2, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Neil,

We are happy to hear that the problem you had with installing Xbox app has been resolved. We’re glad we were able to help you!

To help other customers searching for help on related issues, please mark the response you found most helpful by clicking “Yes” on the bottom of that post. This will ensure the helpful responses are most visible when searching (and you can vote more than once if the solution was spread over multiple posts)."

Thanks again for choosing Microsoft!

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Neil,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are affected with the known issue of Xbox app recently which cannot be downloaded in Microsoft Store. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

We have received updates from your internal support team that a fix has been rolled out and you can try downloading the app again through Microsoft Store. Please confirm in your end if it is working already so we can move forward.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

4. Obsessive Power Win User

Unable to install xbox app in Windows 10/11.

The Xbox App is already built into Windows 11 and therefore can not be installed.

Does it not show load if you search for 'Xbox' in the Windows 11 search box?
  5. LokeshDokara Win User

All text is bug_me in Injustice 2

I am playing on Windows 11 PC. Installed the game using Xbox App.
  6. Keir Guild Win User

Can’ launch Game Pass Games from PC (Error 0x80004005)

Hi Georges,

Thanks for trying to help.

I am on Windows 11 and everything is up to date, both windows, the Xbox App and all the games.

I have verified and repaired all games. I have deleted and reinstalled the Xbox App. I have downloaded a windows 11 iso file and performed an inline install (I.e a complete reinstall of windows 11 but keeping apps and files). None of it has resolved this issue
Thema:

1. I can't install Xbox app on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - can't install app

2. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  3. I can't install assasin's creed Valhalla on my PC in English via the Xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install assasin's creed Valhalla on my PC in English via the Xbox app?: I am having trouble installing assasins creed Valhalla on my PC via the xbox app as it won't let it install in English? It is giving me the option to install in other various languages except for...
  4. Can't install XBOX App on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install XBOX App on PC: I've had GamePass since September 2023 and it has been working great. Yesterday when I tried to launch an installed game from my PC a white line went under it like a progress bar. It kept saying...
  5. Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop: I can download the app. But can't seem to install it. a17e8316-74fb-4279-9b22-7d3cbf9bb62c
  6. Can't install any app on my xbox series x. How do i fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any app on my xbox series x. How do i fix?: I was wanting to reinstall spotify on my xbox series x just to find out i can't install any app. Error code 0x80244022. c93fb2e7-52eb-4a1c-a945-190278963c88
  7. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...
  8. Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?: I have tried everything I could to make it work, everything that is written in support and it still doesn't work. I just get an error message and the code is: 0x87e0000f...
  9. XBox App - Can't Install Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox App - Can't Install Games: I've installed the XBox app and up until about a day or two ago it was working fine. I have multiple drives in my system labeled; C - Windows D - HDD For Games F - SSD For Games R - Media...
  10. Microsoft Store can't install the Xbox app with error code: 0x80d06809

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store can't install the Xbox app with error code: 0x80d06809: Hi, I'm not sure what's going on with the Xbox Game Pass. I can't re-install/ update anything from the Microsoft Store. At first, I tried to install a game on the Xbox Game Pass, and it still...