I can't install games in xbox app even I have extra disk space.

Discus and support I can't install games in xbox app even I have extra disk space. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday I joined Windows Gaming by xbox insider hub, and I install the Xbox update. After installing, I tried to play some games in my library, but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AliEmir1, Jan 20, 2022.

1. AliEmir1
    AliEmir1 Guest

Yesterday I joined Windows Gaming by xbox insider hub, and I install the Xbox update. After installing, I tried to play some games in my library, but the games won't be opened. I decided to quit the beta and uninstall the xbox insider hub then restart my pc. Now the games are working, however, I can't install any game even I have extra disk space in my C drive. I can just install games in D drive. How can I solve this issue without losing all the games I have downloaded before.
    The game needs 3.66GB, and I have 78.16GB, but I can't install it.

I can't install games in xbox app even I have extra disk space. [​IMG]

:)

AliEmir1, Jan 20, 2022
  2. AliEmir1 Win User

No worries Ali, in any case, I'll be here if you need me. :)

Cheers.
    I have two questions :) :
    1- If I reset Xbox app, does it cause all my games delete?
    2- If I reset Microsoft Store app, does it cause all my apps and games delete?
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

I see. Ali, for now, the game pass app doesn't allow us to choose exactly where we want to install games as of yet, that procedure I sent you is a possible workaround that, in some cases, help, but is not a definitive fix.

But, there's good news hehe, the game pass app on windows is about to get an update that will change that, it will give us the freedom to install the games wherever we want, also, will give us full access to its files. :) The update has no official date yet but will come soon we believe. :)
  4. AliEmir1 Win User

Try to do a clean boot on your PC and then try again mate. :)

Right-click the Start button.
    Click Search.
    Type msconfig and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    Click Services.
    Click the checkbox next to Hide all Microsoft services.
    Click Disable all.
    Click Startup.
    Click Open Task Manager.
    Click any startup program you suspect might be interfering.
    Click Disable. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for all startup programs.
    Click the X to close Task Manager.
    Click OK in the System Configuration window.
    Restart your PC.
    I've tried everything(all of your steps), but I couldn't change the name :(
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey AliEmir1, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Open Settings on Windows 10.

Click on System.

Click on Storage.

Under the “More storage settings” section, click the Change where new content is saved option.

Use the New apps will save to drop-down menus to select the new default location for apps.

Click the Apply button.

If that doesn't work, or any error like this: 0x80070005 appears:

1. Go to "my computer" > Select the disk you want to save files from now on.

2. There will be a folder called "Windows apps" > Right click and select properties > security > advanced.

3. Another tab will appear, click continue (for this, your account must have admin privileges).

4. Where is owner click "change" > then "Advanced" > Then "find now" > Then choose "Authenticated Users" > Click OK, then OK again and click apply.

5. After this rename the WindowsApps folder to WindowsApps.old

6. Create a new folder called WindowsApps.

NOTE: It is important that you rename the folder according to step 5 and create another one according to step 6, otherwise it won't work.

7. Restart the PC.

8. Then try changing the save location for new apps and games in the settings again.

9. If it still doesn't work for you, delete the WpSystem folder on your D drive: it should allow you to change download locations without an error
  6. AliEmir1 Win User

Now I realized my xbox download folder has changed when I join Windows Gaming. The time I quit Windows Gaming, I deleted the XboxGames file too, and xbox app is trying to install games to XboxGames file. I created again the file(The issue which I couldn't click download is solved) but it is empty, and I'm having an issue downloading it gives the error 0x00000001.
Thema:

1. I can't install games in xbox app even I have extra disk space. - Similar Threads - can't install games

2. I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help

in XBoX on Windows
    I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help: I play virtual gaming and I am having a hard time downloading the game and I need help if someone can help me please? 85094ede-f6b5-425c-b2ad-fc8e15617c7d
  3. I get the error 0x80070490 and 0x80073CF9 and I also can't install the gaming services. I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I get the error 0x80070490 and 0x80073CF9 and I also can't install the gaming services. I...: Since I have bought the new laptop when I launch the xbox app it says the error code mentioned above and asks for updates and even after contacting the customer care and folllowing all the steos...
  4. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  5. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  6. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  7. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  8. Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft: Can't seem to figure this one out. Says "Something unexpected happened." and gives this error code 0x80073d19 602466b2-0b6b-4706-bb99-8d1704e3fb73
  9. I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...: I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to 17.1% I have tried different methods, but nothing works... fc8861b4-2237-4daa-9aab-13e01e78d2eb
  10. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...