I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.

Discus and support I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can stream them. What is wrong I havetried all advised steps. ee90efac-d459-4a48-8f38-3bf67b0cf026 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lee Porteous, Aug 23, 2023.

1. Lee Porteous
    Lee Porteous Guest

I can stream them. What is wrong I havetried all advised steps.

:)

Lee Porteous, Aug 23, 2023
  2. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Can't pre-install Gears 5 with Xbox (Beta) app using Ultimate Game Pass

I had trouble installing games on the ultimate gamepass on the pc, I updated Win10 and everything went normal.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Microsoft and Xbox Game Pass Fraud by Customer Support

Ultimate also works on pc

You just get the pc libraries and the cloud play

Gamepass for console.has xbox games

Gamepass for.pc.has pc.only games

Gamepass ultimate has.both and cloud play

You can't access console.games on pc unless cloud

Same.with console.can't access pc games part of ultimate
  4. Farscape247 Win User

I can't install Xbox Play Anywhere on my PC.

if you have gamepass pc or gamepass ultimate then you should be able to download those games. is the windows install fully up to date and is there any updates waiting in the microsoft store app.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Can't install Sea of Thieves from the Xbox Game Pass

you need gamepass pc then, so you can't,

Gold for online play on console

Gamepass for gamepass games on console

Gamepass PC for games on pc with ea play attached

Ultimate gamepass - Gold, Gamepass, Gampass PC, EA Play and xcloud.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Lee Porteous,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having issue installing games through Xbox app. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. What is the version of Windows you are using? To check, press Windows key + R and type winver in the run dialog box and hit enter.

2. Are you getting an error message or error code when installing the games?

3. Are you unable to install specific game or all games in Xbox Game Pass library?

For the meantime, here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. Make sure Windows is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.
    3. Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.
    4. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

5. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

For your reference: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games. - Similar Threads - can't install game

2. I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help

in XBoX on Windows
    I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help: I play virtual gaming and I am having a hard time downloading the game and I need help if someone can help me please? 85094ede-f6b5-425c-b2ad-fc8e15617c7d
  3. I get the error 0x80070490 and 0x80073CF9 and I also can't install the gaming services. I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I get the error 0x80070490 and 0x80073CF9 and I also can't install the gaming services. I...: Since I have bought the new laptop when I launch the xbox app it says the error code mentioned above and asks for updates and even after contacting the customer care and folllowing all the steos...
  4. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  5. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  6. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  7. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  8. Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft: Can't seem to figure this one out. Says "Something unexpected happened." and gives this error code 0x80073d19 602466b2-0b6b-4706-bb99-8d1704e3fb73
  9. I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...: I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to 17.1% I have tried different methods, but nothing works... fc8861b4-2237-4daa-9aab-13e01e78d2eb
  10. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...